RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[RESOLVED] How to make this work...?

Rep:
Level 86
It's Jepherz Bitch
Alright so here's the thing:

The player is in village A, the player sees a bulletin board, when the player checks it, they see a map of the village (a picture of the bulletin board show up) but then I want the player to be able to walk away from the bulletin and the picture disappears, but so far, all that I've tried has failed.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2008, 10:16:41 AM by Zeriab »

Rep:
Level 86
Sure let me help, just give me a second to read your mind so I know what RPG maker version you're using! :D

Rep:
Level 86
It's Jepherz Bitch
Ack, sorry , I always forget to mention it....

RMXP :-[

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Regardless, this is done in eventing so that should not matter. Scripting would be really dumb to use. I'll try to help, too.

In theory... You could probably make a loop and make it continuously show the picture on the same number. Then you add a conditional branch that will break the loop if you press up, left, down, or right (depending on the three directions the sign is not. IE if the sign is above you, you can only press left, down, or right). Then after the loop is a command erasing the picture. This hasn't been tested so... Yeah.

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant
Make it post the picture, then change text options to hidden and bottom. Have an empty text box, then have it erase the picture and revert to normal text options(whatever it was before)

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
No, he wants it to go away when he moves away from the sign.

EDIT: My way works. Here's a demo. If it's resolved, add [RESOLVED] to the title by modifying the first post's subject. ;D
« Last Edit: January 03, 2008, 10:22:17 PM by mastermoo420 »

Rep:
Level 86
It's Jepherz Bitch
Thanks alot mastermoo! :tpg: ;8

Rep:
Level 86
It's Jepherz Bitch
Alright now, here's the new problem, how can I make it so the picture takes up the whole screen? The picture is 1024 x 740....

thank you very much

EDIT: Can someone here tell me if it's possible to let's say have the sign show up... then ask: would you like to see the map? if answered yes, the map goes fullscreen and scrolls up or down depending on the directional button the player presses on... If no, sign stays there until player walks away.

thx
« Last Edit: January 03, 2008, 11:41:21 PM by Cupid »

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Umm... Just try resizing it a bit? Try 1024x768. That's the screen resolution I use and your numbers are a bit off. Also, I think you could also try resizing it to a bit bigger proportions. Like maybe 1600xsomething. RMXP might be able to scale everything down to size. :P

Rep:
Level 86
It's Jepherz Bitch
Ok but... how could I make the map scroll?

GG FUCKING FAGGOT
Rep:
Level 88
Lulz.
key input and Pan screen
key input left = pan screen to the left.. etc etc

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Scrolling would not be good... Then the loop would break, causing you to exit out of the event. Just make the map juuuuuust big enough.

Rep:
Level 86
It's Jepherz Bitch
Ok and let's say I make it big enough, how can I center it perfectly?

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant
post pic top left,

OR remove mass confusion by doing my idea.

I goal I have had in life.
Fix the problem as simply as possible.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
No, he wants it to go away when he moves away from the sign.