RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
(Semi-Resolved) Is there a way to carry more than 99 common items? (rm2k3)

Bitch
Rep:
Level 87
Bits'n'Pixels
...Topic really.... ???
« Last Edit: January 03, 2008, 01:18:22 PM by Brady »

Rep:
Level 86
...Topic really.... ???
Make an item thats identical to the other item or as many as you need 99 of.

Bitch
Rep:
Level 87
Bits'n'Pixels
I knew there was something i should specify...

There's a common item you can get and you get lots of them at that. 
You can trade stuff for these (an equivalent for money almost) but you hit 99 fairly quickly....
There's no limit breaker kinda thing then...?

Rep:
Level 86
I dunno, probably not...

Bitch
Rep:
Level 87
Bits'n'Pixels
Okay, i just went and set a huge tree of conditional branches on each of the 23 items you can trade for these coins so that if you can't take in theamount without going over 99, it gives you the duplicaet coins instead, going up to 495...

That made the coding page on the event massive and took ages.  If anyone finds a quicker/easier way, it'd be nice to list it here

Rep:
Level 86
Give him one more.
This might sound like a bad solution, but, you could make the item a variable. Use the variable to go over 99. Just use some sort of key input processing to check how many you have at any time.

Chances are I failed here, but alas im horrible at making events. Im just trying to give an idea haha.
The boys are going out for hookers and ice cream. Is that something you would be interested in?

GG FUCKING FAGGOT
Rep:
Level 88
Lulz.
use a bank or a warehouse kinda thing to stock your items  ;D

Bitch
Rep:
Level 87
Bits'n'Pixels
Holy you....ugh....i have a bank system as well....i'm....bastard   why didn't i think of that?!  :mad:

Rep:
Level 86
Give him one more.
haha it looks like Weve solved another case eh holy.
The boys are going out for hookers and ice cream. Is that something you would be interested in?

GG FUCKING FAGGOT
Rep:
Level 88
Lulz.
haha. add Resolved then
« Last Edit: January 03, 2008, 06:53:14 AM by HolyQ »

Bitch
Rep:
Level 87
Bits'n'Pixels
I'm debating whether to, because although my problem is technically solved, the indirect question i asked isn't...but i'm goin' under the assumption that that's because there is no way to make a single item be able to break the 99 limit.  But for now i've just bunged a bank that carries the items for you when you hit fullness!

GG FUCKING FAGGOT
Rep:
Level 88
Lulz.
ya,just use variables I guess...

Rep:
Level 88
Making 99 items no that is inpossible with the rpg maker 2000 and 2003.

Varibles as Satan Lucifer the 666th metioned is your best bet. A bank could be nice but doesn't seem too practical. Since you probably want things to be worth more than 99 of them.

If you want to be creative you can make another item like a cridit card. You can take the items to an exchanger and he "places the varible on your card." when you use the card it will display how many points you have on it.

That should do it.

-Kathis.
Project
New project. The other dimention DND
RPG makers challenge http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,13503.0.html