RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Working Title (We'll have one soon)

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
This is definitely in the brain child stage at the moment, to be sure. The only reason I'm starting the topic now is so that I and my team mates have a way of being organized.

I was looking for a way to make a new game, and take a different approach. This involved needing something to jump off of, rather than to start from scratch in order to execute properly. So here's the scoop:

ahref, possibly skanker, and myself, as well as anyone else who would like to make a contribution of any size whatsoever are taking my MMBN engine from the game in two days contest, scrapping the maps an characters, and making something different.

Years in the future, past the events of the Battle Network series (consider this an alternate universe sort of thing), we have navis, living in the internet. However, they're entirely sentient, with nothing even mildly like an operator. They've evolved to parallel human beings in almost every aspect. However, they know very, very, pitifully little of their past. So, as is the case with your typical RPG, one day the main character gets a bug up their ass and decides to pry into things they probably shouldn't, inadvertently starting a wild and crazy adventure.

The internet in this game will be very different from the one in MMBN, as will everything else. Really, we're just hanging on to the battle system and concept. This is going to be quite fresh and very different from the Mega Man you know. (Mega Man probably won't even be in it at all!)

For example: The internet will be much more like the internet you're browsing now as opposed to the mass of sidewalks and streets that was MMBN. There will be places like the websites you browse everyday, that will function in very similar fashions.

If you can think of a website that is well known, and that you think would make an interesting "town" or "dungeon" like place, tell me about it, please.

Think youtube, google and myspace. Popular sites. You dont have to like them- I personally can't stand myspace- just name them if you think they'd work.

Ahref: Those are the three to focus on for now. Youtube, google, myspace.

Rep:
Level 88
Illuminaudio
4chan would make a sexy dungeon.

Rep:
Level 96
Well of course. :3

Shooting for the "MEMBER MODERATOR OF THE YEAR 2007" Award
Rep:
Level 89
Hi, there.
Hey Arrow, I found a script the other day for Emails... like a mail box type thing and yuou can set it up to automattically show an email after an event. If you need it just say so.
Sig by MacGravel

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
http://www.alexa.com/site/ds/top_sites?cc=US&ts_mode=country&lang=none

while reading it, I thought it involved the actual internet, as in users would have to connect to the web to do certain things to progress themselves in the game, then I figured it was an "internet world" ^^
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 88
Illuminaudio
Oh yeah, Wikipedia is definitely an idea for a town.

Rep:
Level 96
Or like, a super library. That website you linked is awesome Nouman. First because its a great resource for finding good sites to use, and second because the site in itself can be used.

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
alexa could be a trainstation/airship ?

EDIT: im having diffculty coming up with town concepts that arnt evil. but i have one for youtube.

this is only a concept mind im kinda dont know how it will actually look.

HUGE IMAGE IS LINKED

i appear to not be able to type in the above diagram if you need more explanation just ask :D
« Last Edit: December 24, 2007, 03:34:47 PM by ahref »

Rep:
Level 96

Magna- the male lead. You'll be able to name him yourself, of course. Also, this is one of two choices for the main character- you can choose your gender in this. I'm designing the female lead as you read this.

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki

Laryssa- The girl with a bun on her head who is definately not a dyke

<Edit> Oh and this is the female version of the main character Arrow made it but I'm posting it k
:taco: :taco: :taco:

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
Nice child there, Edgeworth.
Er.. brain child, yea.

Having RMRK as a main base would be good advertisement too. :P
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Rep:
Level 96
...I really think I'm gonna re-do the female lead. I hate her now. With a passion.

Rep:
Level 87
"Dear diary, jack pot"
lol, she looks too girly to not hate with passion?

This is also is awesome, good luck with the Brain Child thingy
Deceased, the memories of time flow ever lasting. Let the passion of the living and the dead touch you, and give you their wisdom.

I'd sooner die than leave your side, I'd sooner rust than let you die.

Rep:
Level 96
This picture is meant to show that work is being done. Ignore the color scheme and shapes and mixture of RTP- this is how I make tilesets. Colors denotate different classifications of objects.

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
the male character looks too computery while the female looks not enough computery

Rep:
Level 96
Yeah, I'm giving the female some concrete shoes tonight, I think.

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
the male character looks too computery while the female looks not enough computery
Indeed.
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Rep:
Level 86
Im R is teh Pwn3g.....me!(>^.^)======0(/#.#)/you
COLORFUL................

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
is this dead? or dieing :(

Bitch
Rep:
Level 87
Bits'n'Pixels