RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Era of Magic

Rep:
Level 86
recently, ive had an urge to create a final-fantasy sort of game, what with the Black/Red mages and bend them into my own story.

So here it is:

Prologue

Spoiler for:
For centuries, magic has been the dominant power of Gaea

Magic is drawn from an unlimited source of power contained in an amulet. In the dark Era, this very same amulet was used to seal away dark forces that threatened all life on Gaea. The 4 monsters of Chaos, the 4 monsters of judgement and 4 spells sealed away because of their sheer power.

500 years later, the amulet is held in a sacred temple, shielded by mountains. If the amulet were ever to break...the darkness that once lined out skies would be released once again, thus plunging humanity into oblivion.

If these evil auras were to be released and the amulet reunited, the darkness would  begin to fade, however, the magic forces would still be free to govern, and eventually drive the greed of humans insane, and lead to an apocalypse...

Completion

Spoiler for:
Database:
:savepoint: Skills
:savepoint: Medicine
:savepoint: Equipment
:savepoint: Heroes
:savepoint: Most Musics
:savepoint: Strings
:savepoint: Animations

Story
:savepoint: Intro (May remake)
:savepoint: 1st Town (Lectuis)
:savepoint: World map (part 1)
:savepoint: 1st Dungeon (Cave of the Magi)
:savepoint: Dead Swamp
:savepoint: Temple of the Magi
:savepoint: 2nd Town (Lectuis port)
:savepoint: World Map (part 2)
:savepoint: 3rd Town (Phren)

Features:
:savepoint: Usage of Skiff, Boat and Airship
:savepoint: FF1 based ship docking system (ship can only dock at "ports")
:savepoint: Smaller worldmap sprite
:savepoint: Chocobo forest

Characters

Spoiler for:
Marcus
Class: Runic Knight
Starting Lv: 1
Special Command: Rune arts
Joins: From Beginning

Samuel
Class: Monster Analyst
Starting Lv: 1
Special Command: Enemy Skill
Joins: From Lectuis

Reena
Class: Healer
Starting Lv: 4
Special Command: Prayer
Joins: After venturing through the magic cave

Leon
Class: Dragoon
Starting Lv: TBA
Special Command: Jump
Joins: TBA

Battle commands...(not important, but read at your leasure :D)

Spoiler for:
Rune Arts
Marcus' battle command (Rune arts) is a unique skill type. When you equip a specific weapon onto marcus, after entering a number of battles, he will eventually gain the skill linked with that weapon. The more powerful the skill, the rarer the weapon will be. Ive taken most of the skills from steiners skill set (ff9), like armour break and climhazzard.

Enemy Skill
The good old traditional final fantasy enemy skills. Im keeping it simple and am using a final fantasy 8 based blue magic system. There are 10 skills to collect in total.

Prayer
Prayer, I took from ff4. Restores HP to party at a 50% succsess rate. (restoration value = Int x 3)

Jump
Jump...another fairly traditional ff attack. It took me a while to manage to program this in, and even to this day, im not sure exactly how I managed. This attack will damage all enemies, and I am thinking of making a piece of equipment that enables leon to "double jump"
(Damage=Attack x3)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2008, 03:11:51 PM by Ragnarok »

Rep:
Level 87
"Dear diary, jack pot"
So this is where you've been Ragnarok, everything seems pretty good.  ;D
Deceased, the memories of time flow ever lasting. Let the passion of the living and the dead touch you, and give you their wisdom.

I'd sooner die than leave your side, I'd sooner rust than let you die.

Rep:
Level 86
Hey Ruzu!

Also:
The mapping on the world map will be different. Ive done a little bit of remoddelling.

Rep:
Level 87
"Dear diary, jack pot"
Wow, your already that far  :o
Hehe, so will we come to suspect some of the same things from Bounty Hunter in this or is it me hoping :P

Also the dungeon looks like the first one in Final Fantasy 5, or well pretty close which is pretty nice.
Deceased, the memories of time flow ever lasting. Let the passion of the living and the dead touch you, and give you their wisdom.

Rep:
Level 86
Im putting bounty hunter off till im finished this one though, just so i dont get confused lol.
Im trying to make this game fairly simple to follow as well.

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
Both of you seem to be enjoying yourselves. :lol:
Good Luck with the game, Ragnarok - and always try to stay on track.
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Rep:
Level 87
"Dear diary, jack pot"
I always seem to find a way to enjoy myself, and no wonder there has been nothing on Bounty Hunter.

What kind of simple, tetris or something like Advance Advance puzzles simple?

Rep:
Level 86
like ff1 simple. 1 main quest and few sidequests, a fairly simple story.

ok. Im going to make some major changes to this game, so alot of detail at the top probably wont be accurate, except from the story.

I'll edit within about a week or so.