RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Paths

When the dawn breaks...
Rep:
Level 88
...tonight will be just another memory.
Paths

Spoiler for Quick Useless Facts:
- The storyline idea came from the TV series "Heroes" where many different characters are followed and each of their stories interloop and then seperate again. They are also all basically fighting the same evil.

- A sequel is already being planned and will use the RMVX system!

Spoiler for Storyline:
In the world of Porthia, a great evil stires.
Unknown to the people who reside there, a creature of evil malice has appeared to the world with all intention of causing pain and suffering. Slowly, the creature will take lifes and not be heard of or seen untill no retaliation is possible.

In the mist of all this; a family seek to avenge their murdered mother; A soldier and captain strive to find out the truth and one lone character fights to regain his kingdom.

More Storyline info to come!

Spoiler for The Cast:
Over all there will be around 12 playable characters although only 8 will play a major part. Let's take a look at some key characters;

Name: Alexis
Quote: "If I have to die to find out what happened, then so be it."
Background Info: Enrolled in the army at 23 years or age, Alexis has always had a good hand with a spear. After a freak accident, she returns home for a short period and attempts to figure out what happened. As the storyline progresses, we will see more frequent flashbacks to her past as we find out the terrible truth.

Name: Louis
Quote: "I must find redemption for what has happened for else my mind will break with the terror of carrying the truth alone."
Background Info: Enrolling in the army at 20 years of age, Louis is the longest serving member of the army the world has ever seen. His advanced tactical knowledge and superior fighting skills make him a great ally and a even greater enemy. After teaching Alexis the ropes, they become good friends and later he shall help her remember what happened, even if he must go against the wishes of an empire.

Name: Garnet
Quote: "One day, I will avenge you mother. And it shall be of sweet pity."
Background Info: Having grown up on a farm, Garnet enjoyed the simple life but always longed for a big adventure. Her wish is granted on the day her mother is brutally murdered and she, along with her brother and sister, set of on a journey to find the murderer and avenge their mother's memory.

Name: Jake
Quote: "I pity the fool that killed her. For they shall recieve a fate worse then death from our fists of fury."
Background Info: Brother to Garnet and head of the family for 4 years after their father died, Jake has had to find ways to bring money in. He relies on smooth charismatic skills and great knowledge of economics to make ends meet. Of the three children, he is the last to accept the need to go after, and kill, the murderer of their mother.

Name: Ruby
Quote: "My fists are made of steel and my heart of fire, Nothing will stand in my way."
Background Info: Sister to Garnet and Jake, Ruby's fire red hair is believed to show the passion within her. Being the eldest child, she has to make the decisions on behalf of the others and is often looked upon as the moral backbone of the three. After her mother's murder, she knows what must be done.

Name: Clarion
Quote: "My Kingdom may be lost, but my heart is not."
Background Info: At the age of 12, his father's kingdom was attacked and destroyed. His father was slain on the throne and his mother died to give Clarion the time to escape. Since then, Clarion has made a home in the woods as a outlaw, prying on soldiers to repay his "debt" to the empire that destroyed everything he had. He keeps his true identity hidden to avoid a bounty on his head. After helping Garnet for a short period of time, he is recruited by Louis and Alexis to which he uses as an oportunity to strike back against the heart of the empire.

More coming soon!

Spoiler for Screenshots:
This screeny is of Alexis' first flashback which makes up a tutorial type area. Don't worry, it takes about 3min to finish it lol.

Getting some more screenys now.

Spoiler for Script Info:
Paths is to use the latest Blizzard scripting! Included scripts are currently -
 - StormTronics CMS Version:5.0b - Hybrid Edition (Currently an error when trying to view skills from main menu.)
 - Tons of Add-ons Version:6.00b
 - Easy LvlUp Notifier Version:2.0
:flag:

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Hmm, the character quotes sound kind of melodramatic, which may not be a bad thing. Anyway, this looks pretty good, and I look forward to a demo