RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[RESOLVED] Minimap

Rep:
Level 86
I hate everyone except the ones I don't hate...
Summary
A small minimap in the upper right hand corner of the screen, round, and about 5 cm tall and wide. A white dot showing the player, and maybe grey dots showing other "people" events. What could be really cool is if it had a gold/yellow dot to show some place of significance to a quest...

Features Desired

Round
Thin outline
Smooth
Greyish colours
A white dot showing where on the map, the player is
A grey dot showing where on the map another "people" event is
(Only if this is not too hard for a noob scripter :chocobo:) A yellow/gold dot showing a place of importance because of a quest!

Mockups

A little problems with the pic colours, and the pic might not be there, but else, sry...
Games its been in

Fable
Fable 2
Fable: The Lost Chapters
World of Warcraft
SO MANY MORE!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you search?
yes, a little

Where did you search?

Google, this site

What did you search for?

Minimap script
Minimap
RPG Maker XP scripts
RPG Maker XP script
RPG Maker XP minimap script
RPG Maker XP minimap
« Last Edit: December 31, 2007, 02:26:03 PM by Demonic Blade »
I wonder how many of my-reps are there for a reason, and not just because some jackass wanted to show off in front of some other jackasses...?
Probably a lot of them - and those people sure as hell don't deserve my pity, let alone my disgust.
That's right, let's see some more -Rep'ing! BOOYEAH!!

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
NAMKCOR's game Case High RPG: OE has a minimap that is like what you describe. Check it out and ask him for the script.

Rep:
Level 86
I wonder how many of my-reps are there for a reason, and not just because some jackass wanted to show off in front of some other jackasses...?
Probably a lot of them - and those people sure as hell don't deserve my pity, let alone my disgust.

Rep:
Level 86
NAMKCOR's game Case High RPG: OE has a minimap that is like what you describe. Check it out and ask him for the script.

Ain't gonna work Mordern. I want MOVING dots on it, and I want a bit more fancy than something made in Paint. Sure you could say he made a minimap script, but it's mostly just one where you place a picture somewhere on the screen... I doubt that's hard to do for an intermediate or just basic scripter... what I want is special. Different events must be SHOWN differently on the minimap, just look at Fable (r), there's a clear view of how I want it... I'll even attach a picture of it if you like (No, I'm not blaming you for anything modern, and I'm not irritated, just telling you that it won't work in a friendly manner even though it might sound differently. But I guess I might be irritated a bit anyways 'cuz someone got me a -1 rep... whoever that is, I hope that individual has clear reason as to WHY (and I don't want to hear the reason. I am not accusing any1 here ppl, so plz don't get angry at me...) But anyways, plz I need a script. I might've found one already and I'll modify this post if I find it satifying, but I gotta try it first and it also involves paint... I think... Since this is a quick reply I can't attach anything. Will be with next post which I promise won't be a quick-reply...

Rep:
Level 86
Alright here's da' picture(s):
Forget the numbers, this is a pic from a walkthrough from http://www.gamebanshee.com/fable/walkthrough/images/theoracleofsnowspire.jpg, Friday 21st of December 2007... we were told to do credits about that way last year  ::) But anyways, I'll find a town fast picture fast, so you can see traders etc...

EDIT: Alright, there's the complete map of Bowerstone. Once again the numbers are the people  :mad: and so I can't show you the colours, but I'll try to find a picture... or just capture one myself when I feel like I have some spare time (even though it IS the xmas holidays at the time of writing  ::)...

EDIT: Here's a minimap from WoW, but I want this minimap different... Still looking for a good town map or so...

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
hmm, well that doesn't look too hard to make, but don't expect any fancy landscape or anything from a script without the use of custom graphics. If I try to do this, I would probably just make impassable squares dark and other squares light. I'm not sure if I'll end up doing it in any case, as I have a lot to do. I will add you to the Requested scripts catalogue.

Rep:
Level 86
hmm, well that doesn't look too hard to make, but don't expect any fancy landscape or anything from a script without the use of custom graphics. If I try to do this, I would probably just make impassable squares dark and other squares light. I'm not sure if I'll end up doing it in any case, as I have a lot to do. I will add you to the Requested scripts catalogue.
Thank you. Terrain is not needed at all. The way you said, would be perfect! ;D

Rep:
Level 86

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
first off, if you look at my game, the dots move tyvm
secondly, go search more, I used Blizzard's Minimap from Tons of Addons
it even says that right on the project thread.

try searching on RPG Maker websites and not google
google is shit for RMXP Scripts

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 86
Oh, forgot to change tags, sry. I found one already (a day ago), and well, I had to try to make it work. Thx anyways. NOW I've changed the tags.