RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[AVAILABLE] Accessories that grant elemental attack.

Rep:
Level 88
Modern Algebra suggested that I move my request to this board, so here it is.

My original post:
Quote from: Erk64
I was trying to create a series of items that could be equipped as armor accessories, and each one would grant a different element to the player's attack. But just as I was about to put them into the game, I realized that armors don't seem capable of bestowing an elemental attack...only an elemental defense. Is there any way of doing this? I don't want to make these items into weapons. Thanks in advance.

Modern Algebra’s post:
Quote from: modern algebra
Well, you could do it with a script easily. I don't know if it is possible through the database though. It doesn't really make sense to have armor give attack bonuses though, and since it is not generally applicable, I don't think I will make it. However, post a request in the Scripts Request section. It is an easy script and maybe someone will make it for you.

I understand that it's an unusual request, but I would really appreciate it if someone could lend me a hand.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2007, 02:10:14 PM by Zeriab »
Spoiler for My Game Recommendations:
1) Demon Gate --- A great game with a terrific character-relationship system, an engaging story, and plenty of secrets and options for players who wish to be good/evil.
http://www.raizap.com/demongate/

2) Midnight --- A survival-horror game created with RPG Maker XP. Combat plays out in the smoothest running real-time battle system I have seen yet.
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,23239.0.html

3) The Healer --- A charming game with beautiful mapping and a fun battle system. One of the few games to use a healer as a main character, and so far it's pulled off well.
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,23524.0.html

House of Nostalgia
Rep:
Level 87
You loved it.
Too back you up, Kitten would Also like this, if you would make it modern, I'd send you some cookies?

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Too back you up, Kitten would Also like this, if you would make it modern, I'd send you some cookies?

I don't believe you will follow through with that promise.

Rep:
Level 88
So.... If anyone can help me with this, I could still really use the help. It's kind of holding me back.
Spoiler for My Game Recommendations:
1) Demon Gate --- A great game with a terrific character-relationship system, an engaging story, and plenty of secrets and options for players who wish to be good/evil.
http://www.raizap.com/demongate/

2) Midnight --- A survival-horror game created with RPG Maker XP. Combat plays out in the smoothest running real-time battle system I have seen yet.
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,23239.0.html

3) The Healer --- A charming game with beautiful mapping and a fun battle system. One of the few games to use a healer as a main character, and so far it's pulled off well.
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,23524.0.html

Rep:
Level 86
Here you go.  The instructions are in with the script at the top.  Just follow those and it should work.

Spoiler for code:
Code: [Select]
#===============================================================================
#  Elemental Attack Accessories v. 1.0
#    by Leon_Westbrooke
#-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#  Allows accessories to give elemental attack(s).
#
#  Instruction:
#    -Place above main, but below any scripts that alter the method 'element_set'.
#    -In the method, where it says Elemental_Acc, below that, follow the example
#      in the comments.
#
#  Notes:
#    -Allows a crossover for Guillaume777's Multislot script.  To use it, set
#      Multislot_Script equal to true.
#
#  Compatability:
#    -It is compatible with any script that does NOT alter the method element_set
#     for the Game_Actor class.
#===============================================================================
module EAtk_Acc
  #-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
  #  Elemental_Acc = {
  #    accessory_id1 => [element_id, element_id],
  #    accessory_id2 => [element_id], etc
  #-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
  Elemental_Acc = {
  25 => [4, 7],
  26 => [5]
  }

Multislot_Script = false
end

class Game_Actor
  def element_set
    ea = EAtk_Acc
    new_element_set = []
    if ea::Multislot_Script == false
      weapon = $data_weapons[@weapon_id]
      if weapon != nil
        new_element_set = weapon.element_set
      end
      if @armor4_id != nil
        if ea::Elemental_Acc.keys.include?(@armor4_id)
          for i in 0...ea::Elemental_Acc[@armor4_id].size
            unless new_element_set.include?(ea::Elemental_Acc[@armor4_id][i])
              new_element_set.push(ea::Elemental_Acc[@armor4_id][i])
            end
          end
        end
      end
    else
      weapon = self.get_weapon_data
      if weapon != nil
        new_element_set = weapon.element_set
      end
      for h in 0...armor_ids[3]
        if @armor_ids[3][h] != nil
          if ea::Elemental_Acc.keys.include?(@armor_ids[3][h])
            for i in 0...ea::Elemental_Acc[@armor_ids[3][h]].size
              unless new_element_set.include?(ea::Elemental_Acc[@armor_ids[3][h]][i])
                new_element_set.push(ea::Elemental_Acc[@armor_ids[3][h]][i])
              end
            end
          end
        end
      end
    end
    return new_element_set
  end
end