RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
(UN)OFFICIAL Music Request Topic

Rep:
Level 87
Here you can request any form of music or sound from me!
BGM, SFX, etc.

Use this (below) as a template for requests. No more than 1 request before I complete it for you.

For BPM, 80-90 is roughly a slower piece, anything below that is just lag music. 91-140 is reasonable for a faster piece, and above that is ridiculous for RPG pieces.
Effects include Chorus, Reverb, etc.

Style of game:
BPM:
Style of Piece:
Related Pieces / Artists:
Preferred Instruments:
Percussion (Y/N):
Effects:
Other Notes:

Update: Songs will take some time! SFX that you request will be done in 30 minutes - 1 hr, but BGM and full songs can a while. Especially when my time on the computer is limited these days.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2007, 11:15:38 PM by pythonusr »

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
Yeah, remove "Official" from the title. It's only official if a moderator or administrator says so.

Rep:
Level 87
Better? Hah.

Rep:
Level 86
1. you mean bpm not bmp.

2. can i help. im a master producer 8) 8) 8)

Rep:
Level 87
Two things
I changed it

And

If you're a master producer, why are you wasting your precious time on RMRK?

Rep:
Level 86
That Mr. Pythonus is the right question *jumps out of window*

Rep:
Level 87
That, Mr. Gizzle, just made me lmao. *High fives*

Rep:
Level 86
lol Irobot = one helluva movie.

Rep:
Level 87

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
Id like to request one please:

Style of game: Action
BPM: 95 I guess
Style of Piece: Epic/soft rock
Related Pieces / Artists: ?
Preferred Instruments: Synth/Drums
Percussion (Y/N): Y
Effects: it's up to you...
Other Notes: It's for a title screen, make it sorta epic, not to rocky, but in the style of an unreal tournament game.

Rep:
Level 87

You mentioned Unreal Tournament, so that counts as one. =P

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Funniest Member2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2010 Most Missed Member
and above that is ridiculous for RPG pieces.

That's not necessarily true. In fact it just flat out isn't true. Tempo is all relative, for one. And I've written several pieces for RPG games at tempos of 160 and upwards. The 160-180 range is very common.
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 87
I guess you're right. However, for my style, that fast is ridiculous.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
So...when can I expect my request to be done ^^?

Rep:
Level 88
So, uh... No rush, but I'm wondering. How's my request coming along? Just wondering. I know it'll probably take a while.

Hey, I just thought of something. You should post some sort of thing in the first post about how long songs take according to how long the song is.

Rep:
Level 86
Falling under chaos
no rush here ether just wondering if your still  working on it :) and so you dont have to pm me you could post it here now lol

Rep:
Level 86
hey pythonus, what plugins do you use to get that orchestral sound?

Rep:
Level 87

Sytrus, courtesy Image-Line: FL Studio 7.

Rep:
Level 88
Illuminaudio

Master producer?

Rep:
Level 87

Master producer?

Lmfao.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
So far this thread has been more "Lmfao" than actually requests....
Anyway, is composing all the parts hard?

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Funniest Member2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2010 Most Missed Member
Not if you use FL, where no composition is involved at all!  ;8
:tinysmile:

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Not if you use FL, where no composition is involved at all!  ;8

I'll have to torrent it sometime...

Rep:
Level 86
Falling under chaos
I have some songs that are really quiet and if i were to post a file with them in it would be able to make them louder not change them but make them louder only if so cool cause that would be awsome  :D

Rep:
Level 87
I use FL and I compose my music...

Rep:
Level 88
PSP
i would like to request :D
i dun know but it has to be opera like, scary you know when badguys are walking then the theme song is played
its um mecha base game =) tnx that would be gra8 sorry for not giving you more info the rest is up to you.

tnx alot

Rep:
Level 87
i would like to request :D
i dun know but it has to be opera like, scary you know when badguys are walking then the theme song is played
its um mecha base game =) tnx that would be gra8 sorry for not giving you more info the rest is up to you.

tnx alot

ie: Organ, violin, bass, etc. I can do this. I can't do vocals, however, so your whole "opera" request is kinda out. Unless I can find samples of opera vocals, and then I can add them. I just don't have a *working* vocal synthesizer.

Rep:
Level 88
PSP
oh yeah 4got to say ^_^ no vocals needed :D and i would like the violin to be notisable :D kinda like death is comming :D or roaming something  ::) tnx realy need this for my mech game in VX

Rep:
Level 86
what are you talking about HaloOfTheSun, i know Fl Studio is easy to use, but thats why its the best program ever.

its good for rpg music too.

but anyway pythonus plugins??? what are they???

but anyway(again) i too would like to request music for my game

BPM: 110
Style of Piece: Electronic, Lo/Fi
Preferred Instruments: needs to have synths and brass and wah wah guitar and if you can do effects with a vocoder that would be AWESOME.
Percussion (Y/N): Y (but sparce)
Effects: sweepers!

Rep:
Level 87
what are you talking about HaloOfTheSun, i know Fl Studio is easy to use, but thats why its the best program ever.

its good for rpg music too.

but anyway pythonus plugins??? what are they???

but anyway(again) i too would like to request music for my game

BPM: 110
Style of Piece: Electronic, Lo/Fi
Preferred Instruments: needs to have synths and brass and wah wah guitar and if you can do effects with a vocoder that would be AWESOME.
Percussion (Y/N): Y (but sparce)
Effects: sweepers!

Uhm. Aren't you a "master producer"...?

Rep:
Level 87
Sorry about not completing requests. I haven't been home in a few days, and I don't have FL here.

I'll get to work as soon as I can!

Rep:
Level 86

...i don't want to have just my music on my game, cause that will make it boring sort of.

and you might be a little better than i am anyways. :)]

don't worry about completing my request until you've finished everyone elses.

and yes i am a master producer and a master composer, they call me Gizzle van Beethoven 8)

Rep:
Level 87
Why don't you make your own music if you're a master producer/composer?

Rep:
Level 86
1. i just said why

2. i infact DO make a large portion of the music in my games and

3. YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
He must use RTP and that's why it's boring. If you're a "master" then it shouldn't be hard to add different styles. Also, just because something is easy to use does not necessarily mean it's "the best." Different programs have different features and people's minds work differently. They may find the layout of certain programs better or the way everything works in general to be more efficient for them.

Rep:
Level 86
are you offended that i said i was a master producer?

if that is the case, you sir need to

« Last Edit: December 17, 2007, 05:21:27 AM by Gizzle »

Rep:
Level 87
are you offended that i said i was a master producer?

if that is the case, you sir need to

Uh. No. I HIGHLY doubt that a "master producer" of your status would be lurking around making RPG games on RMRK.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
@Gizzle: LOL WUT? How would I be offended? I was not offended at all. I simply said that you're a lying, self-centered retard. I don't need pictures to help me make my point. Using pictures is just dumb unless you want to look cool, which I'm not trying to do. Pictures are worth 1000 words but my words own your picture.

Rep:
Level 87
@Gizzle: LOL WUT? How would I be offended? I was not offended at all. I simply said that you're a lying, self-centered retard. I don't need pictures to help me make my point. Using pictures is just dumb unless you want to look cool, which I'm not trying to do. Pictures are worth 1000 words but my words own your picture.

Couldn't agree any more than I already do.
Especially the terms "lying" and "self-centered."
And also "Pictures are worth 1000 words but my words own your picture."
That made me laugh.

@Gizzle: But seriously. Don't lie to try to make yourself look better. You're just digging yourself a deep, deep, deep ditch by calling yourself a master producer/composer.

Rep:
Level 86
your taking this way too seriously mastermoo...

"Its okay to be freakin pissed sometimes"

-Mr. Rogers
« Last Edit: December 18, 2007, 02:21:38 AM by Gizzle »

Rep:
Level 88
PSP
aww i wanna be a master composer too :D and make stars like beatme wifspears ei so? how is my request commin up :D

Rep:
Level 86
question: am i allowed to curse on this forum?

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
question: am i allowed to curse on this forum?

Sure...but it's highly advised that you keep it to a minimum since there are children here.   :flag:

Rep:
Level 86
that is true...

but anyway, pythonus, i dont see why YOU are calling me self centered, remember not that while back when i posted my battle music, and you said, "too much percussion"", i didn't say "f** you" i said "thanks for the advice" or something along those lines.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
aww i wanna be a master composer too :D and make stars like beatme wifspears ei so? how is my request commin up :D
Who cares? You sprite like a GOD.

Rep:
Level 88
Grr... I wish I was a Moderator... Cause then I would have the power to tell everyone just to stay on topic! :mad:

Gizzle, if you are a "master producer/composer" then you probably shouldn't go around asking for music from others. It doesn't make you look very "masterly". I am NOT saying you aren't a "master p/c", I'm just trying to clear this up.

This topic should be for music requests and maybe some light criticism on the music that is received.

Oh yeah... How's my request coming along, Pythonusr? ;D

Rep:
Level 86
fine.

forget my request whatsyourface.

Rep:
Level 87
fine.

forget my request whatsyourface.

Make it yourself, master composer/producer. = )

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Can we please look our ages here?
How's my request going? ^^

Rep:
Level 87
Pretty well, I have the backing mostly done, and a little percussion.

I'm out of town for a little, though. So a lot of my work now is just composing, and not really making the music.

Rep:
Level 88
PSP
« Last Edit: December 25, 2007, 04:04:21 AM by dollmage »

Rep:
Level 86
so rmvx is already out???

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!

Rep:
Level 88
PSP
rmvx is not yet out but the trial version is out though its in japanese and not many resources was release + its kinda like under beta testing so its on your own risk if u wanna DL it  ::)

Rep:
Level 87
rmvx is not yet out but the trial version is out though its in japanese and not many resources was release + its kinda like under beta testing so its on your own risk if u wanna DL it  ::)

Hold on, where's the trial located at?

Btw. SirJackRex, your request is being made first.

Rep:
Level 86
Falling under chaos
I dont remember the url but i got it and if your comp cant read japanese than dont bother it wont even run :(

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!

Hold on, where's the trial located at?

Btw. SirJackRex, your request is being made first.

Thank you! =)

Rep:
Level 88
PSP
i 4got the link but you could always try googlein it. any way his ri8 unless you know jap. its not realy worth that much but the resources there sure are cu8 <3
i luff ze tilezets

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
i 4got the link but you could always try googlein it. any way his ri8 unless you know jap. its not realy worth that much but the resources there sure are cu8 <3
i luff ze tilezets

I only got like half of that...

Rep:
Level 87
i luff ze tilezets

I only got like half of that...

I got:
I forgot the link but you could always try searching on Google for it. Anyways he's right unless you know Japanese. It's not really worth that much, but the resources there sure are cute *heart*.
I love the tilesets.

I still don't understand it.

Rep:
Level 88
PSP
« Last Edit: December 25, 2007, 04:04:44 AM by dollmage »

Rep:
Level 86
i didn't like the dungeon gen for 2003 that much  :P

Rep:
Level 87
i didn't like the dungeon gen for 2003 that much  :P

It doesn't even work for me.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
Grr... I wish I was a Moderator... Cause then I would have the power to tell everyone just to stay on topic! :mad:

Gizzle, if you are a "master producer/composer" then you probably shouldn't go around asking for music from others. It doesn't make you look very "masterly". I am NOT saying you aren't a "master p/c", I'm just trying to clear this up.

This topic should be for music requests and maybe some light criticism on the music that is received.
indeed.

Rep:
Level 86
Falling under chaos
Ok you can drop my request  about the title music unless you've already started it then you can finnish it but i have a new request:
I wanted somthing Dramatic,epic and sad like the music that wiould represent someone important dieng like a main character im not sure about instroments but I dont care what instroment you use as long as its sad and dramatic thnx in advance  :)

Rep:
Level 87
I'm working on requests on the 27th, starting. Xmas Eve (tonight) and Xmas (tomorrow) and the day after are huge days for my family, so I could only scrap the time to get on RMRK for like 30 minutes.

Rep:
Level 88
BPM: Very low, and deep on the msuic scale
Style of Piece: Dark/satanic epic
Preferred Instruments:chiors, chanting, satan
Percussion (Y/N): Yes
Effects: Satanic words and chanting. And demon children lauaghing
Other Notes: This can AND SHOULD be an MP3

This will be a battle song, a deep slow one with fast percussion used for the final battle.
Games in progress:
Tome of Arastovia: 7% complete at 2 hours of gametime

Rep:
Level 87
could I make a request? I'd really appreciate it =)

Style of game: slightly religious, think kinda like ffx
BPM: slow?
Style of Piece: kinda memory themed, sad..
Related Pieces / Artists: marion barfs, from the movie requiem for a dream
Preferred Instruments: piano
Percussion (Y/N): n
Effects: nothing
Other Notes: i'd like it to be very similar to that piece i said it's related to, only softer, more sad, maybe slower? it'll be a title screen piece.

Rep:
Level 87
BPM: Very low, and deep on the msuic scale
Style of Piece: Dark/satanic epic
Preferred Instruments:chiors, chanting, satan
Percussion (Y/N): Yes
Effects: Satanic words and chanting. And demon children lauaghing
Other Notes: This can AND SHOULD be an MP3

This will be a battle song, a deep slow one with fast percussion used for the final battle.

If I can find a *working* vocalizer I can do this.

Otherwise...
Anything with vocals is not possible for me.

Rep:
Level 88
PSP