RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Yossy might or might not have returned.

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
Guns don't kill people. Magic missiles do.
Hi, everyone!  *offers cupcakes to all who enter thread*

Wow, there are a handful of people here that I remember, and like twenty people I've never heard of who are telling me that they know of me somehow.  I don't know which of those facts is scarier!

So yeah.  I'm Yossy, and I'm posting here at RMRK.  If you're wondering why I came back, it is entirely due to the mass e-mail sent to all members, announcing the results of the 2007 Awards.  I was curious to see if anyone that I knew was still around.  I didn't at all expect to see my own name among the winners.

Before I go into anything else about what I've been up to for all this time, allow me to answer the question that I'm sure all of you have lost sleep over:
No, I am not still trying to finish Twilight Princess.
I beat it about a week and a half after buying it, and have played through the game twice more after that.  There are a number of games that I have dedicated myself to, but I'll get to them later.

Yossy, what in the world have you been up to all this time?  Well, I get my kicks from forum communities, so I've sated that hunger through Gaia Online.  This is my profile, and everyone is welcome to give me a shout if you're on Gaia, too, but I can't promise that anyone that you'll make it onto my friendlist, since it's reserved for special people.  But I do love comments on my profile and entries in the Art Arena.  Gaia is working on an MMO that sounds like it's going to be awesome, and I'm greatly looking forward to it.

Now, as for my non-online life (Can we call that nonline life?  I made it up just now.  Man, I am a genius).  Next week concludes my third semester of community college, and after a final semester next Spring, I'll be transferring to a four-year university of art.  From there begins my quest to pursue illustration and concept designing as a career.

Let's talk about art for a bit.

I hate drawing anime and I always have.  It took until the last few months for me to finally pull away from the anime influences that have so cursed me since I was nine years old.  What I have now are countless dynamic art styles that are constantly changing and evolving.  As with all things, versatality is the greatest weapon, and with it I have armed myself for whatever futures lie ahead.  My art now is fluid and natural, something that I have never been able to say at any other point in my life, when drawing characters and environments felt so forced.

(They're thumbnails, click 'em!)
  A glorified self-portrait done in collage.
  Quick (maybe like three minutes) sketch of the Rune Factory Guy.  The expression on his face looked goofy, so I tossed in a Zelda CDI line.  I've never had to pluralize "dodongo" before and I have no idea if I got it right.
  A more serious, classical-looking style of a lady and a knight (he's kneeling).  Don't expect to see this one finished.
  Do you think that drifblim is cool I think he's cool don't you think he's cool I mean come on look at him he's so cool.
  Godot has some of the coolest lines ever.  Edgeworth is shouting at Phoenix, as usual.
  I made this because I want people to see Pit as I do. <3  He's so awesome.

So, from these examples, you can infer some of the games I've been playing.  Pokémon consumed me for months, I think my playtim reached over 350 before I stopped playing it in the summer.  I doubt I'll ever complete the Pokédex, but I'm having fun trying.

When I first heard that Harvest Moon had begun its transition into becoming a fantasy RPG, to say that I was ecstatic would be a severe understatement.  Rune Factory is one of the most beautiful, immersive games that I have played in a long, long time.  I would be immeasurably happy if sequels combined these two elements much further, creating a game of quality RPG plot, battle system, and general gameplay with the beloved elements of agricultural, home, and social life that is the staple of Harvest Moon.

As if my obsession with the Nintendo DS weren't apparent enough, I can't talk about favorite games without mentioning Phoenix Wright and Phantom Hourglass.  Actually, does anything really need to be said about them?  They kind of speak for themselves.  Can't wait for the last Ace Attourney to hit the U.S. next year.

But the one game I absolutely cannot wait for, the one that I feel will be the gaming world's crowning achievement of next year and many years to come - is Super Smash Bros. Brawl.  Seriously, omg.  Is anyone else reading the Dojo updates every single day?  When Brawl's release date was pushed all the way to February, a part of me died inside.  Somehow, I'll manage to have a merry Christmas without it, but it'll be hard.

Oh, by the way, I have a Wii now, which is great.  Especially since a sequel to Tales of Symphonia has been announced, but I am pretty sad that my childhood hero, Kousuke Fujishima, isn't doing the character designing this time around.  Did anyone happen to pick up Soul Calibur Legends?  There's a cameo appearance of Lloyd as a playable character.  Crazy, I know.  It's hilarious to hear characters like Ivy talking about exspheres.

Hm, well, I think that's about enough from me.  I'm still not sure if I'll stay.  The most likely scenario will be that I'll post for a while and quietly fade out of existance again.  We'll just have to wait and see.

Rep:
Level 87
Heyo! It's good that you are back to RMRK, and even if you leave again I do hope you have a good time while your here.

You don't know me but hey, I try to be nice. And like those other 20 members I know somewhat about you. I hope we do become friends, even if it's casual. I need more nice people on my friend's list (Excluding Skanker ;D Which I imply he is nice) :P

Anyways, welcome back!

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
Welcome back and all that whatever things should be said or not said. I love your drawings to a certain extent. Yeah.

:taco: :taco: :taco:

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
Welcome back Yossy !
Arlen is hot.

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
Hi, Nightwolf!  I remember you.

Thanks you guys.  ;D

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
"Oh boy! I can't wait to bomb some dodongos" sounds kind of dirty.

Anyway, Welcome back, though I only know of you from your wiki and I hope you enjoy your stay. Great art by the way.

Communication begins with understanding
Rep:
Level 89
Project of the Month winner for October 2007
cupcakes!!! :tpg:

Anyway, welcome back :)

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Hai.

I'm BanisherOfEden, I don't know if you remember me. Back when you were here, it was me a Fuman's chu that spammed alot.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
Hi, I remember your name but not much besides that!

Can I ask what this "Level" business is, in all the stuff under everyone's avatar?

Rep:
Level 96
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Hi, I remember your name but not much besides that!

Can I ask what this "Level" business is, in all the stuff under everyone's avatar?

Rep: +64/-2
  • [-]  = How much people like/hate you.

Level 54 (38%) = your post count. Hold your mouse over it for a couple seconds.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
it's based on your post count and on how many members have registered after you.

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
HI

I hope you remember me kinda sorta almost a tiny bit D:
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll
You most likely remember me as that annoying guy that everybody hates. But I'm cured now, and I'm glad to see you have returned. <3

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
I remember you, but you left only a few months after I started hanging out here, so you probably don't remember me. Welcome back anyway~  8D

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Welcome back! I've only seen a couple of your posts (I think) from old topics and I've heard your name before :P

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
Yossy!

Let me inform you as to what has happened after you left:

1. Everyone refused to believe you were really gone.
2. FuMannChu left because nobody liked him, thus (eventually) cutting back majorly on forum drama.
3. Blizzard "left" for whatever reason. He changed the reason he left everytime he came back, lol. He still comes back every now and then to see if his account was deleted.
4. Deliciously_Saucy left. Not sure if you knew him...
5. Thus, forum drama has decreased by 200%
6. Nightwolf learned how to make Twinkies.
7. There is no number 7.

Whether you're deciding to stay or not, it's still nice to see you pop in. Your art is looking excellent, btw. Much improved over what it used to be.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2007, 08:57:25 PM by HaloOfTheSun »
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll
1. Everyone refused to believe you were really gone.
I thought she was literally dead. :x

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
Maybe she's a zombie. D:
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 91
Personal Text
2. FuMannChu left because nobody liked him, thus (eventually) cutting back majorly on forum drama.

I liked FU, mind you I was probably the only one...

wasnt DS a girl??? Or was she lying?

Rep:
Level 102

I liked FU, mind you I was probably the only one...

wasnt DS a girl??? Or was she lying?
Fu was awesome.

DS lied to get us to like him.

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
I'm speaking to you all from the Other Side.

Rep:
Level 96
I'm speaking to you all from the Other Side.

But zombies are on this side, so your a ghost?
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 102
Maybe she's on the other side of the universe. ?_?

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
Or the other side of your computer monitor.

Are none of you guys on Gaia? ;-;  Ferserious, that's like the best place to keep in touch with me.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2007, 10:03:12 PM by Yossy »

Rep:
Level 91
Personal Text
Not unless you are talking about the earth?