RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Music] Finale: Hey, here's a brass piece.

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
My composition teacher thinks it's great.
I think 50% of it sucks, bad.

What do you think?

edit: midi file
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 08:23:37 AM by irock »

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
LOL at your comments, not your song.

My opinion shouldn't really matter, coming from a lesser composer but I like the blend of the instruments/notes. Jeez, it's long. Even if you think 50% of it sucks, then that's still a lot of good stuff. I didn't finish listening to it because it's quite long but I like it :)

I never get a good pattern for music. It's usually this:
Code: [Select]
Intro
Main Verse type thing
Variation of verse
Main verse again (or another variation)
Variation again
End
;9

For me, this song doesn't have as much stronger emotions but it does have quality, IMO.

Rep:
Level 96
It's 5 minutes long, Moo.

That's not long. At all.

Nice attention span.

Full Metal Mod - He will pillage your women!
Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude

That's not long. At all.

Nice attention span.

Lol. I liked it :D ! It's about time someone wrote a quartet where the trombone's part is worth a damn....!
"The wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is Tiggers are wonderful things
Their tops are made out of rubber
Their bottoms are made out of springs

They’re bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy
Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!
But the most wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is I’m the only one, I’m the only one."

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 King of RMRK2013 Best Musician2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Funniest MemberFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Funniest Member2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2010 Most Missed Member
I like it quite a bit, although towards the end it gets a bit dull in comparison to everything else, but not too much mind you.

The biggest problem however is the trombone part, being as it would be incredibly difficult to do some of those runs at that tempo without it sounding like a glissando. Unless, of course, that's what you're looking for, then lol nvm. Although if your teacher didn't say anything about that then maybe I'm just misinformed. I don't play trombone, so I wouldn't know, it just seems a bit too fast for it at times. Tsuno would know though =o

Overall I think it's pretty great. Interesting brass quartet pieces can be fairly difficult to write, so I definitely have to compliment you there.

You've inspired me to try something. :3
:tinysmile:

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah

That's not long. At all.

Nice attention span.
Yeah, I know. ;9

Trombones have a choreography in one of the Jazz Band songs at my school, lol. They turn their trombones left and right to the beat of the song. XD

Rep:
Level 96
I like it quite a bit, although towards the end it gets a bit dull in comparison to everything else, but not too much mind you.

The biggest problem however is the trombone part, being as it would be incredibly difficult to do some of those runs at that tempo without it sounding like a glissando. Unless, of course, that's what you're looking for, then lol nvm. Although if your teacher didn't say anything about that then maybe I'm just misinformed. I don't play trombone, so I wouldn't know, it just seems a bit too fast for it at times. Tsuno would know though =o

Overall I think it's pretty great. Interesting brass quartet pieces can be fairly difficult to write, so I definitely have to compliment you there.

You've inspired me to try something. :3
I was wondering about the trombone with the whole glissando thing, too, but I dunno.  I guess if they just triple tongue it or whatever it's called it'll be close enough, lol.

thx~

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Triple tongue? Does such thing exist?

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 King of RMRK2013 Best Musician2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Funniest MemberFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Funniest Member2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2010 Most Missed Member
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 96
All brass players can do it, though I'm not entirely sure how.

I think they have three tongues or something. ???

I was supposed to show this to my comp teacher today, but she didn't show... :(

Full Metal Mod - He will pillage your women!
Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
That is possible to play, though incredibly difficult.

As for how to triple-tongue. We only require one tongue lol.
When you start out (I've never had to use it, so I'm still at this stage) the triple tongue is actually slower than regular tonguing. There is also double tonguing (which I can do - rather fast I might add).

The way you move your tongue when you triple tongue is the way you move it when you say -

Diguhdah. Or Dig guh dah. Or something similar, I haven't read up on it, though I've had it explained to me.

It takes a while for the tongue to get used to that move fast in such a weird way, so it definitely takes practice.
"The wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is Tiggers are wonderful things
Their tops are made out of rubber
Their bottoms are made out of springs

They’re bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy
Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!
But the most wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is I’m the only one, I’m the only one."

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Lol. I only knew about double-tonguing.

Like for regular tonguing you can have "tah" for each note.

To go faster, you use "tah kah."

To go MAXIMUM OVERDRIVE I was told you go "tah kah tah" and repeat that. :P

I don't actually tongue at all. Idk XD

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
Whats a double/triple tounge ;-;?
Arlen is hot.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
When you play an instrument, you blow into it. There's regular tonguing (for these purposes, I'll use "tah") so when you say "tah" and have correct embouchure or w/e you play notes. Now, when you go "tah kah" you're utilizing another sound to be able to play two notes with that tonguing instead of going "tah tah" which would be much slower.