RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Teenager was 'mastermind' of £10m hacking network

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant
New Zealand police have questioned a teenager believed to be the mastermind of an international computer hacking network that infiltrated more than a million computers worldwide and stole millions of dollars from victims' bank accounts.

The 18-year-old has not been named because he was under 18 at the time of the alleged offences, but his cyber name was "Akill". His home in Hamilton, on the North Island, was raided by police, who seized several computers and took him into custody. He was released without charge, but remains under investigation.

New Zealand police had been working with the FBI and police in the Netherlands on a case that led to eight people being charged, convicted or pleading guilty since the inquiry began in June. Thirteen further warrants have been served in the US and elsewhere.

The teenager allegedly wrote software that enabled hackers to assume control of computers and marshal them into clusters. They were able to steal credit card information, manipulate trading of stocks, and crash computers.

The FBI estimates the ring infiltrated 1.3 million computers, causing losses and damage of more than $20m (£9.7m).

Martin Kleintjes, head of New Zealand police's electronic crime centre, told National Radio that "Akill" was now co-operating with investigators, and explaining how the system worked. "He is very bright and very skilled in what he's doing," Mr Kleintjes said.

http://news.independent.co.uk/

My response = lol, owned.

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Well, if hes that smart he can hack his way out of prison :x
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
GHAhahahhahaha, that sounds like what my friend did a couple years ago.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
I really doubt your friend cause $20mil worth of damage.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
haha, no not nearly millions, barely even a couple hundred. just hacking a mass amount of computers makes me laugh. He hacked a couple of schools' networks, non of which he attended and changed random students grades around. It was pretty pointless but he got bored in computer comp. class a couple years ago. he never got caught but there was some complications with a few of the computers he messed with, end up getting fried. Annnnnnnnnd i don't know if the students grades he changed helped or hurt them in the long run.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2007, 06:28:39 AM by grafikal007 »

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
haha, no not nearly millions, barely even a couple hundred. just hacking a mass amount of computers makes me laugh. He hacked a couple of schools' networks, non of which he attended and changed random students grades around. It was pretty pointless but he got bored in computer comp. class a couple years ago. I never got caught but there was some complications with a few of the computers he messed with, end up getting fried. Annnnnnnnnd i don't know if the students grades he changed helped or hurt them in the long run.

Freudian slip, perhaps?

Also, lol.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
lol, i mean he nvr got caught haha. i dont know how to hack stuff. i can only draw haha

Rep:
Level 91
Personal Text

New Zealand police have questioned a teenager believed to be the mastermind of an international computer hacking network that infiltrated more than a million computers worldwide and stole millions of dollars from victims' bank accounts.

The 18-year-old has not been named because he was under 18 at the time of the alleged offences, but his.....

http://news.independent.co.uk/

Twas me :D

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant
lol, i mean he nvr got caught haha. i dont know how to hack stuff. i can only draw haha
THIS IS MY TRAIN STATION.   :mad:

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
AND I DRIVE THE TRAIN  :blizj:

Rep:
Level 91
Personal Text
I dont get waht you mean....

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
...well I'm also the engineer of all the trains at his train station. Not too many people know that.

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
I dont get waht you mean....
I meant this is my thread, don't derail it.

But it seems I only added to his off-topic....ness  :mad:

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
Well then we should hack the guy. :=:
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
OH NOES! I'll just get my friend to hack you first!

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
*This message has been hacked by grafikal007's friend OH NOSE*
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.