RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Request! I really need help. Come to my rescue

Rep: +0/-0Level 86
I'm rich, rich, rich and even more rich than you!
Hello everyone. I'm new here but not to Rpg Maker Xp. You see, I've been making a game called Planet Protectors since last year June 18. Here's the problem. Just like in most games, like Final Fantasy 7, you get to pick which characters you want to be in your party. For example, I'll have Cloud, Tifa, and Yuffie. Then in the next scene, those are the characters that are there. How do I that in Xp, where the character you choose to have in your party to be present in the next scene. I'm using Blizzard Party switcher and Slipknots AMS. Please help.[/I  :( :o ??? ::) :P :lol: :'( :)
Spira

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
you can add/drop party members via event commands.
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Well, he's using a party switcher script. Anyway, do this:

Use four in-game variables, whatever IDs are free. For the purposes of this, I will let A, B, C, and D represent the four variables IDs you chose.

Name them Party Member 1, Party Member 2, Party Member 3, and Party Member 4

Then, use the Script event command and put in it:

Code: [Select]

actors = $game_party.actors
$game_variables[<A>] = actors[0].id if actors.size > 0
$game_variables[<B>] = actors[1].id if actors.size > 1
$game_variables[<C>] = actors[2].id if actors.size > 2
$game_variables[<D>] = actors[3].id if actors.size > 3

Then you can use conditional branches on Variables A, B, C, and D to discover which member is currently in the party.

But I'm not really sure what to do with the conditional branch. And it says that theres a sytax error when I try to use the code you gave me. I have a total of 12 characters and I want to make a scene where only the four characters that the player choose to be in the party to appear in the scene.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2007, 01:00:27 AM by Nitaraqt4life »
Spira

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Okay, well I made a demo. It will look awkward and the reason I did it the way I did was to show you use of conditional branches. There are other ways, some might even be more intuitive.

I didn't really pay attention to the Selection Event either.

When I try to download it, it doesn't work
Spira

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
after you downloaded it, or the link does not work?

you need a .rar opener to open the file.
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

After. What's a .rar?
Spira