RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
"wut? this n00b is offering ME resources?" Now taking character art requests!

Rep:
Level 88
Illuminaudio
Yessir I am.
I've made all sorts of things from music to icons and most other things.

Attached to this first post you will find:

-a windowskin
-a cleric made into a fighter
-a character set for a cleric made into a dark fighter
-the battler for dark cleric/fighter
-the facegraphic for dark cleric/fighter
-a gameover screen
-an edited castle tileset with trees and a red roof
-a book icon
-a parchment icon
aaaaaand
-a ghostly king battler

More to come... but if it's highly recommended that I host these instead of attaching them, could anyone give me a good site for hosting mp3s?

Updates: Graphics

Music
http://rmrk.net/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=22743.0;attach=9297
http://rmrk.net/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=22743.0;attach=9301
http://rmrk.net/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=22743.0;attach=9302
http://rmrk.net/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=22743.0;attach=9303
http://rmrk.net/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=22743.0;attach=9315

Zipped Pack 1
http://www.mediafire.com/?2p0mjewyxtm
« Last Edit: December 20, 2007, 04:40:15 AM by Dertt »

Rep:
Level 88
Illuminaudio
Oh I had no idea that one battler had white pixels floating around it. Here, fixed.

Rep:
Level 88
Illuminaudio
Music by me.
The first would go well with an intro, the second would work well with a cutscene, third could work well with a map, and the fourth would go well with a map or a cutscene..

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
Looking pretty nice. Keep up the good work  ;D

Rep:
Level 88
Illuminaudio

Rep:
Level 88
Illuminaudio
Third song.

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member
The faceset has a white line around it.

And idk if you wanted it but the skin color is WAY off.

Edit: I forgot to say that these were really nice. :3
« Last Edit: November 24, 2007, 05:37:25 AM by EVAProjectZeroOne »
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Rep:
Level 88
Illuminaudio
I'm aware of the white line... and how is it off? Just because it's a little pinkish?

Fourth song.

Rep:
Level 88
Illuminaudio
Okay... fixed.

and thanks, EVA.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2007, 07:08:35 PM by Dertt »

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
Er... you should use the MODIFY button instead of posting over and over again.
Keep up the nice work. :P
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Rep:
Level 88
Illuminaudio
Er... you should use the MODIFY button instead of posting over and over again.
Keep up the nice work. :P

Except for the fact my intarwebnet times out when I try to attach more than one song to a post.
And as for images, it only allows ten attachments.
Thanks though.

Also, somebody download the music and tell me what you think of those plz.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2007, 05:04:13 PM by Dertt »

Rep:
Level 88
I'll check em out in a sec. By the way, I like some of your stuff. Keep it up. :blizj:

EDIT: First song- Nice. You are pretty good at that.
Still looking at the other ones.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2007, 07:08:33 PM by Final-Knight »

Rep:
Level 87
Want's to write a compiler for fun
The music is good but most of it a bit too modern for most games made with RPG maker XP but it is still very good and I'll probaly use it for cut seens If i can find a place for it.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2007, 08:08:51 PM by ryex »
Time: if it was truly linear I wouldn't be here and the world would be knee deep in ashes.

Rep:
Level 88
The music is really good, and I can see places where it could be used. Especially in futuristic games. :blizj:

Rep:
Level 88
Illuminaudio
The music is good but most of it a bit too modern for most games made with RPG maker XP
I can see how Synfidelity and Secular Sect could sound too modern, but not Rara Avis and Yori--they're mostly classical in approach.
My game is actually set in a place remniscent of Alba (Scotland), circa AD 1300, and Synfidelity is the music accompanying my title and file select screens. It works rather nice.

Thanks for all the kind words, everyone.
Here's another song I personally used for a boss battle, and the character set and battler for a rather cool villain or antihero. 
« Last Edit: November 24, 2007, 10:22:48 PM by Dertt »

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
The cape of the Kane sprite looks to bright.

Rep:
Level 86
~~~
I`ve went through it all and have a few comments/questions..

First I would like to say good job. This is a fair amount of work you have posted here and I like alot of it (expecially the character set for the Dark Knight Boss).

Now, to business:

--Orchestral1 at 36secs > Why the scratchy noise? I loved it until I got to the scratchy point... Then I was sad. Otherwise, I love it.

--Rara Avis, My Swordflower > Very nice, enjoyed it all.

Now, don't get me wrong or anything, but I am curious why Moribund/Synfidelity and both telling me they are done by an artist known as "Ross Clark"? Probably you, I would never know, I just want to make sure they are yours.

--Moribund > I enjoyed it

--Synfidelity > Nice, though too modern for me

--Secular Sect > Way too techy for me... didn't enjoy it that much.

-- Something seems strange with the battler for the boss. His hands are kinda off, no? Otherwise I like it.

-- Sprite cape seems a bit too bright on the character set for the boss. Otherwise very very nice.

-- Someone has already said this but I will bring it up again. Is there a reason the people are so pink? If so ignore this, but otherwise they seem too pink to be human-like.

-- Window skin looks nice. Did not tru it in game yet.

-- Icons are nice. Maybe you could put some scribble on the page so you can tell that it is paper better.

-- Ghost king looks good.

-- Game over is nice.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2007, 11:52:01 PM by savarast »
The Pessimist By The Lake In The Forest

Check Out Savarast's Resource Page, I do Requests

Rep:
Level 88
Illuminaudio
I`ve went through it all and have a few comments/questions..

First I would like to say good job. This is a fair amount of work you have posted here and I like alot of it (expecially the character set for the Dark Knight Boss).

Now, to business:

--Orchestral1 at 36secs > Why the scratchy noise? I loved it until I got to the scratchy point... Then I was sad. Otherwise, I love it.
I don't know, I just have this compulsion to put a bit of electronic noise into every song I create... kind of a nod to my industrial roots.

--Rara Avis, My Swordflower > Very nice, enjoyed it all.

Now, don't get me wrong or anything, but I am curious why Moribund/Synfidelity and both telling me they are done by an artist known as "Ross Clark"? Probably you, I would never know, I just want to make sure they are yours.

--Moribund > I enjoyed it
Yeah, I'm Ross. But how the hell did you get a hold of Moribund? All of these songs were originally created as a sort of audio portfolio as part of my application to a college where I would study sound design... and Moribund is the only song from that portfolio (other than the somewhat annoying "A New Clear War") that I don't remember uploading.

--Synfidelity > Nice, though too modern for me

--Secular Sect > Way too techy for me... didn't enjoy it that much.
As one of the oldest songs I put on the portfolio, my aforesaid industrial roots are fully exemplified by Secular Sect. It was originally supposed to be a phase in a multi-song sequence called "The God Machine" (haha, that sounds like a good title for an RPG now).

-- Something seems strange with the battler for the boss. His hands are kinda off, no? Otherwise I like it.
That's because he was edited from that one thief battler, and I tried to remove the knives from between his fingers while still maintaining a semblance of fingers.

-- Sprite cape seems a bit too bright on the character set for the boss. Otherwise very very nice.

-- Someone has already said this but I will bring it up again. Is there a reason the people are so pink? If so ignore this, but otherwise they seem too pink to be human-like.
The pink skin is due to the hue adjustment thing, which, when I first got the game, mostly used to adjust the green-haired cleric until his hair was a natural color. I don't know, pretend he's albino and has translucent skin in places?

-- Window skin looks nice. Did not tru it in game yet.

-- Icons are nice. Maybe you could put some scribble on the page so you can tell that it is paper better.

-- Ghost king looks good.

-- Game over is nice.

The windowskin looks great in a game if I do say so myself.
And of course thank you for saying a bunch of stuff is nice.

Rep:
Level 86
~~~
Yori = Moribund

Rep:
Level 88
Illuminaudio
Yori = Moribund

Oh yeah, 'cause my audio software was all on my desktop pc (which recently had a harddrive meltdown, losing a year's worth of files), and I fucked up the titling while importing them to my laptop. The actual song Moribund is a lot stranger and I don't think would work well with an RPG at all.

And is this still too bright?

Rep:
Level 86
~~~
It is looking much better.

Rep:
Level 88
Illuminaudio
And now a facegraphic for him..

Rep:
Level 88
I like the faceset. A lot. You do good stuff. But, you should really post it all in a .zip. It'd make it a lot easier.

Rep:
Level 88
*yawn*
Wow dude, that stuff is great. Do you mind if I use the newest character in my game?

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!

Rep:
Level 87
Want's to write a compiler for fun
hmmmmmmmmmm mabye this should me moved to resorse databace? too bad i'm not a mod! lol

lol i'm a jerk

nice knight battler!
Time: if it was truly linear I wouldn't be here and the world would be knee deep in ashes.

Rep:
Level 88
Illuminaudio
Wow dude, that stuff is great. Do you mind if I use the newest character in my game?

No, not at all. That's why I posted this stuff.

Rep:
Level 88
Illuminaudio
Alright, I placed everything here, along with a few extra things, in a zipped folder and uploaded it here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?2p0mjewyxtm

Also, I realy like how "penis" is a supported filetype.

And here's more stuff I made after I uploaded the .zip.
I'm kind of eager to get some feedback.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2007, 03:49:03 AM by Dertt »

Rep:
Level 88
Illuminaudio
Tr-tr-tr-TRIPLE POST.
It's the only way to ensure that this topic sees any new replies, and I need opinions on the latest things I've posted.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
The centaur and the faces are excellent. The rest of the stuff is also quite good. It's a good idea to post all updates to the first post, so that people don't have to go looking through the thread to find them.

Anyway, yeah, I like the latest stuff a lot.

Rep:
Level 88
Illuminaudio
It's a good idea to post all updates to the first post, so that people don't have to go looking through the thread to find them.

Done.

The centaur and the faces are excellent. The rest of the stuff is also quite good.

Thanks. I actually noticed that you can see the horse's nose in the top row of the centaur set, and I've fixed it.

New song.

Rep:
Level 88
Illuminaudio
New tileset.

Rep:
Level 87
I like your stuff, 'cept some of the music. The first song is really good, in my opinion, Synfidelity I mean.

Your orchestra one is good, except for when the electronic sound comes in. I understand adding in your industrial roots in, as I do tend to add a lot of Cakewalk and depressing themes for my music, because of my roots and background, but for a game, that electronic sound going constantly hurts my ears, especially with studio quality headphones.

I'm really just ragging on your music, because that's my specialty nowadays. I like all of your music, really, except the orchestra one. And even that one's really good, except the electronic noise.

Rep:
Level 88
Illuminaudio
Alright you guys, I've decided to take requests. Specifically, requests for character faces.
You can choose the style you want it to be drawn in, ranging from

to

to

and

Just give me a general description.

k any takers?