RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Joe Jones: The Hidden Secret

Rep:
Level 88
I was randomly walking around when I got a good evented battlesystem idea, (Ive forgotten it so now its a sideview event battle system), I had to make a map for this. I did and then as I was making it I saw a story emerge :P! And here it is!!

Story-
Within the year of 1912, a young boy named Samuel Jocks just became 19. He goes to his foster parents home. They had held a great birthday party, but Samuel just ignored them and went to his room. He was thinking about the day his true mother (Jane Jones) and his father (Joe Jones) had died which was on the day of his birthday...
It was on 17th of May in 1901. On the day before his father had hidden a shield in their original house before the Great Fiends attacked. The entire family was forced to leave. But his father was told he had to fight in the war. Samuel and Jane both were evacuated. But it was as if luck was against them as a large group of Kobolds attacked the train they were using to escape! The Kobolds were dumb enough to hit a gas valve with a blazing arrow and killed all. Except for Samuel. He had noticed before anyone else. He had ducked down before the arrow had hit. His father had just left but Samuel heard a cry of pain from the town exit. Samuel rushed over there after putting a rose near his mothers charred body. He saw a elegant red dragon just flying away as he reached his father. He saw his father lying down, unmoving. Saying his last words 'Son... Do not fail me. Find the shield it may save your life...' A shining tear dripped into his fathers eye. As his fathers face moved away, unbreathing and unmoving... This war was called 'The Great Monster War'
And now Samuel had found out where the shield was. But his foster parents did not want him to go back to his hometown. This was because the town had been taken over by the monsters. Samuels home may have been in the midst of the forest near the town but the monsters had cleared every block of area in that town.

Good Characters -

Samuel Jocks -
Age - 19
Gender - Boy
Parents - Dead. Foster Parents= Sam Jocks, Abagail Jocks
Personality - Used to be playful, but now serious but will not get angry quickly. Knows some fighting techniques from his mother.
Bio - (Main bio can be found the story) Born - 17th May 1893
Importance - Main Character

Joe Jones -
Age - 28 when died
Gender - Boy
Parents - Unknown
Personality - Happy-go-lucky.
Bio - Disliked fighting but forced to fight in war. Born 27th March 1873
Importance - EXTREMELY!!

Jane Jones -
Age - 29 when died
Gender - Girl
Parents - Unknown
Personality - Not angered easily. Knows multiple fighting techniques.
Bio - Liked fighting but girls were restricted from fighting in wars. Born 4th August 1872
Importance - Barely.

Mary Soom -
Age - 12
Gender - Girl
Parents - Father- John Soom. Mother dead
Personality - Abit like Samuel.
Bio - Samuels best friend in the little town he is forced to live in. Born 11th June 1900
Importance - Secondary Character

There is more but I cant think of any XD

Screenshots -
Ive got 1 at the moment.

Spoiler for:

This is when he reaches his houses ruins (Character sprites are fillers) These are the base. The events for the battle will come soon.

Features/Eventuall Features -

1. 2 battle systems. A evented system and the front view
2. Only the use of 3 tilesets
3. A special CMS for me
4. Good mapping
5. A hud
6. Caterpillar

Current Credits -
Me
RMXP makers
The Inquisitor
Slipknot
Guillaume777

Whaddo think?

pokeball BK.Offline
Rep: +0/-0Level 86
Locks cool :lol:

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
Why do you need to use 2 Battle Systems?
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Rep:
Level 88
Why do you need to use 2 Battle Systems?
I dunno. I just wanted two XD
Also because doing some things with the default is hard but when evented simple.