RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Available] One-on-one fighting

Rep: +0/-0Level 86
One-on-One Battle System
November 20th, 2007

Summary
So I've always wanted to create a spoof pokemon game, and I had hoped that RPG maker would have the adequate  tools to create such a game, but it doesn't by default. The only real scripting I need is the ability for each party member to come out and fight one-on-one, and when one party member falls, another takes their place until there are no more party members, in which case the battle is lost.

Features Desired
  • Party members stepping out one at a time to duel
  • enemies using likewise battle format
  • can switch out party members through an option in battle
  • enemies will switch out periodically at random
  • on-screen health/magic bar for each character (see mockup)
  • 6 party slots (optional)

Mockups

Games its been in
  • Pokemon

Did you search?
yes

Where did you search?
  • this site

What did you search for?
  • one-on-one battle
  • one-on-one
  • battle systems
  • pokemon battle system
[/list]

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Well, the enemies is easy for the beginning... Just do single enemy encounters just for random battles. For trainers, script is needed XP

Rep: +0/-0Level 86
I'm really surprised that no one has attempted to make a game like this, with RPGM or anything else.