RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Application Creation

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
What program language are most applications made from? Such as the Microsoft programs like word, powerpoint, paint, etc. Also web browsers, lol.

Or are they made of the old, pure, hardcore ones and zeros?

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
You seem to want to learn something REALLY badly?

I've heard you say you want to learn PHP, and recently saw you wanting a tutorial for Visual Basic.
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant
Mastermoo, you are way to young to even begin coding simple programs. Wait until, like, grade 10 and take some computer/programming courses. The coding languages are ridiculously hard to learn. Such languages include: C+, C, and all the others.

Do not attempt coding at such a young age. I say this with truth, not to insult you.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Lol NO! I want to learn NAO.

Irock touched your custom title
Rep:
Level 89
You got AIM? I could teach you some really simple programming if you really want to know.

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant
Lol, then go buy a big C+ book that is 1000+ pages long.

Have fun reading~

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
start smaller...make a web site.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
You got AIM? I could teach you some really simple programming if you really want to know.
Yeah, sn = same as forum name.

Lol, then go buy a big C+ book that is 1000+ pages long.

Have fun reading~
Lol no. I hav no muniez. :(

start smaller...make a web site.
I can't do web images and such. I kinda suck so unless I'm provided with every single image I need for a site, I'll try it. I'll use freehostia for that.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
you don't need images to make a good looking site. My favorite site I have ever seen (a template) is pure css design, no images. <3

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Lolk. I'll try and design something during Thanksgiving. I'll use Lipsum to filler text and... yeah.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Wow, looks nice...

Can I have a layout of what I should make? ;-;

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
The coding languages are ridiculously hard to learn.

That's kind of a lie. Coding languages are, in my opinion, easier to learn then actual languages. Not to become an expert in, naturally, but I don't think you're ever really too young to start.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
;D

Yeah. Actual languages are harder. :P Mostly because if you think of it logically:

Computers made by humans. The smartest of humans, yes, but for the dumbest of us.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
I thought malson said C++ was easy...

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
Mastermoo, you are way to young to even begin coding simple programs. Wait until, like, grade 10 and take some computer/programming courses. The coding languages are ridiculously hard to learn. Such languages include: C+, C, and all the others.

Do not attempt coding at such a young age. I say this with truth, not to insult you.

It is never too early to start learning something, as you as you have the interest and dedicate a lot of time and effort into it.
Many of my friends (or people I simply met online) who are programmers started at early ages such as 9, 10, 11...  My first programming experience was in 7th grade.  I didn't keep practicing because I lost my floppy disk with the copy of Qbasic (what I started with) and because then, I was more into reading and finishing crossword puzzles.

The point is that, if he wants to learn so badly, he can.  :)

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
I would just take the advice of learning something like PHP first. PHP is essentially a simplified programming language, and shares similar syntax with many of them :)

It's also a language where you don't have to learn a whole lot of stuff to begin working with it. Just simple echoes, variables and includes can get you making something like the main crankeye.com site. It's actually all it uses; I connected it to RMRK.net for the new news system in about 5 minutes :)
« Last Edit: November 21, 2007, 09:19:16 AM by Roph »
bringing sexy back

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D

Lol, disagree. i may not know c+ and all, but i know the basics of HTML, Visual Basic and i'm currently trying to imrpove the shit i call "Nightwolf's Flash Work"
Arlen is hot.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Lol. Thanks for the input, all. I'll juggle between languages. I'll try and focus more on PHP. XD Learning RGSS really helped me understand the concepts of languages and such, though. :)

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
Nightwolf,  go learn the fucking difference between C++ and HTML you fucking 13 year old. Stop acting like your older, your posts in which you try, basically make you look like a fool.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Nightwolf,  go learn the fucking difference between C++ and HTML you fucking 13 year old. Stop acting like your older, your posts in which you try, basically make you look like a fool.

chill out?

Don't say someone can't learn something because of their age. There are tons of kids capable of learning stuff you think is hard at age 13.

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
Meh...

Whatever..

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member

"Stop acting like you're older", and what's with the comma splices? I guess we've figured out why you think it's so hard to learn languages :P

Seriously though, I don't think there is any significant difference between 13 and 18 in capacity for learning, and if there is it is most likely in favour of the 13 year old. And don't swear at children. It's not a very cool thing to do :P

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
My apologies for that little flame, just got off the phone with my boss. He's throwing more work and bullshit at me.

Rep:
Level 97
Yeah, work sucks  :-\