RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Project: Mega-Terra

Rep:
Level 86
Well I don't want to disclose to much yet, basics are a megaman game, (seems megaman has a large fan base luckily, alot of resources available). Platform travelling, (like maple story), cities to buy upgrades for yourself as well as boss quests to get special megaman suits.

So far I have made 15 poses with 5 of the poses consisting of 15 animations, AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH, been a pain to get them all to appear on the screen when they are supposed to, and thats just the tip of the iceburg.

Story crib notes:
         STORY START:
Dr. Light completes a new project(for the lack of a better phrasing: The LifeStar, :lol: )
Dr. Wily wants it
Megaman is sent to protect it
Megaman fight Dr. Wily and his newest creation
Dr.Lights new project activates
All 4 are sent into space aboard The LifeStar (Warped)towards it's destination
Fight with Dr. Wily damaged systems
only 2 escape pods and megaman forces Dr.'s to leave
Each is shot from opposite sides of The LifeStar to different locations
The LifeStar crashes onto the planet
The LifeStar breaks into (?10?) pieces
Dr. Light/Dr. Wily (seperately)find parts of The LifeStar still functioning and begin creating things.
The LifeStar was designed to create Robotic lifeforms to inhabit a world from resources it finds.
BLAH, BLah, blah, Dr. Lights section has absorbed Megaman, vise versa Dr. Wily's sectional piece has absorbed his robots programming, and so will begin our journey through a new world created by The LifeStar parts lost around the world, in which it has made towns of robots unique to it's surrounding enviroments.

Well that about raps it up for now.

P.S. the graphics are that of earlier megaman games, say MM2-5 or so.

Rep:
Level 86
Ok my first multi-player set-up:
944x389 size(480x360 per screen):
Spoiler for:

Rep:
Level 86
Alright I have my main character at about 90% complete, I have to start on the suits for him to equip.
For my starting suit I used Rockman, here it is:

The rockman suit is about 75% complete need to fix ammo, weapon element, life, and display picture(should have taken the screen shot in mid-throw, would have looked better)

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
That looks like gutsman, not rockman. >_>

ROCKMAN - http://www.google.com/rockman
GUTSMAN - http://www.google.com/gutsman

Spoiler for:
Mega Man, known as Rock Man (????? Rokku Man?) in Japan, is a video game character created by Keiji Inafune and is the title character of what has been referred to as the "Classic" Mega Man series developed by Capcom since 1987.[1] Since then, he has become one of the company's primary original characters and continues to be one of the video game industry's most recognizable icons.[2] Having appeared on nearly every gaming console and handheld system since the Nintendo Entertainment System, Mega Man has had a wide gaming audience, and his games continue to evolve with the ever-changing hardware demands of modern gaming systems. Mega Man's fiction universe can be divded into seven categories, each featuring different variations and incarnations of the same robotic boy hero, Although Mega Man or Rock Man is usually the name used to describe solely the original Mega Man from the classic series, it can also be used less specifically to describe the Mega Man series of fictional works, or the group of adherently named main characters within.

Several spin-off series have emerged over the past few years, each one continuing the Mega Man mythos in some unique way, including but not limited to the Mega Man X, Mega Man Legends, Mega Man Battle Network and Mega Man Star Force series. A resulting animated series was also produced originally in the United States, as well as a number of toys, comics, and collectibles available both in and outside of Japan.

Mega Man's role in the original story aka the classic series, was to battle the forces of the mad scientist Dr. Wily and his ever-growing army of robots, and must stop them from taking over the planet by using their own special abilities against them.[3] Utilizing his special Mega Buster arm cannon, and his ability to copy a defeated robot's coding, Mega Man must travel the world and traverse harsh environments in order to bring Wily's menace to an end. With the help of his good-hearted creator Dr. Light and his assorted robotic companions, Mega Man's eventual goal is to one day achieve "everlasting peace".[4]

Mega Man's original Japanese name, "Rock Man", is a reference to the music genre rock and roll, and is meant to work in tandem with his "sister" robot, Roll. Such music-themed naming conventions are present in a number of Keiji Inafune's other character designs, such as Blues. In addition, the original Mega Man titles intentionally incorporated a "Rock, Paper, Scissors" game play mechanic into defeating certain enemies.[2] In parts of the English speaking world, some people call Mega Man "The Blue Bomber" because of his blue armor.

~ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mega_Man_(character)
« Last Edit: November 23, 2007, 02:46:55 PM by Fred Flintstone »
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 86
Well I have a bit to say I guess, first off, for lack of a better name(not gutsman) I called this suit rockman due to the fact that I'm creating this, boo hoo for you i guess.  Second, this suit is going to be used to clear "Rocks" use rocks, eat, live, and die rocks, so let's call him gutsman, not. Third I hope it does make you mad, I mean come on the only time you post on my topic is to say you know it all. please stay off my topics then, I thought I bought, unlike most, my GM7 pro to make a game I want? didn't I? o' no I bought it to make a game just the way YOU want it. Give me a break.
Please feel free to let me make a game on my computer with my game maker, the way I want.

Oh I looked at the top of the web site (You know, right below crankeye.com) and this is a Game Making Community. Well I'll be.

Thought this place was to support the creation of games, silly me.
If your not part of the solution your part of the problem.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2007, 07:52:56 PM by Lab_Zero »

Rep:
Level 96
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Well I have a bit to say I guess, first off, for lack of a better name(not gutsman) I called this suit rockman due to the fact that I'm creating this, boo hoo for you i guess.  Second, this suit is going to be used to clear "Rocks" use rocks, eat, live, and die rocks, so let's call him gutsman, not. Third I hope it does make you mad, I mean come on the only time you post on my topic is to say you know it all. please stay off my topics then, I thought I bought, unlike most, my GM7 pro to make a game I want? didn't I? o' no I bought it to make a game just the way YOU want it. Give me a break.
Please feel free to let me make a game on my computer with my game maker, the way I want.

Oh I looked at the top of the web site (You know, right below crankeye.com) and this is a Game Making Community. Well I'll be.

Thought this place was to support the creation of games, silly me.
If your not part of the solution your part of the problem.

1. lol k
2. You don't have to get so defensive.
3. This is an RPG maker Forum with a game maker sub forum.

RMRK = Rpg Maker Resource Kit.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 86
Sorry, it seemed I was attacked  by you at fisrt with your 3 links and your long explaination of Megaman, mind now that you didn't ask or anything, you just assumed I didn't know what I was doing. I do own rocmanX (yes that is spelled correctly)and megaman1-6 though.

Secondly I didn't say this site was for Game Maker 7, I said a "game making" community, like it says under CRANKEYE.COM at the TOP of EVERY page.

It seems I'm not the only one to misunderstand.
Again, Sorry
« Last Edit: November 24, 2007, 03:53:22 PM by Lab_Zero »

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
Hey hey hey...

Okay, both of you are a bit wrong and a bit right.

You have full rights to call him Rockman, that's fine. However, you didn't explain that you were purposefully changing the name, which is why Fred posted the links- he was trying to help.

You...REALLY flew off the handle, regardless of what Fred did. That was too much.

Point 3, Fred really could have done without, wasn't really relevant to anything, mostly just a way to poke at you IMO.

YES Fred assumed you didn't know what you were doing. You're a new member at what is predominately an RPG Maker forum, half of our new members are kinda...out there, so we assume the worst and hope for the best, you cant blame us with some of the people that roll through here. All you have to do is keep posting, and people will be able to seperate you from the...less than worldly members of the community.

My last comment would be to remind you to watch your spelling. It may not seem like much, but text is all the community has to gauge who you are, and when you don't take the time to check that it makes you look sort of scatterbrained and ignorant. I'm sorry, but people are judgemental as fuck, sadly.

Don't think I'm trying to attack you, I'm just trying to keep you from judging US as angry or dickish.

About your game:

Ok my first multi-player set-up:
944x389 size(480x360 per screen):
Spoiler for:

...DEFINITELY check your math. The pixels are getting distorted there, and thats a great way to piss the player off and give them an enormous headache. I would try making it display at about...Well first off I'd try maybe 320x240 per screen for the size of view, and then both together should be 640x240.

Rep:
Level 86
Yeah I won't keep the screen that size I was just utilizing my screen a bit(for fun), and I'll plan to put a border around each players screen so as to divide it up a bit. When I was playing I noticed it really badly.

Rep:
Level 96
I'm sorry.  ;9

It looks awesome so far. I'm also making a platformer... but you're way further then me. I have no clue what I'm doing.  :D

Keep up with this, and it'll be awesome.

~Boe/Fred/Jesse/Dr.Eden
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 86
Thanks, I have been working on the online player version quite successfully. Just some moving around on each others screen so far. Had a major set back this morning, didn't save my work last night, and woke up to a power loss, lost all my chatroom below the game programming. Good lesson for me I guess, lol. well I'll try to have some more game updates soon, been busy learning about different aspects of GM7.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2007, 04:18:00 PM by Lab_Zero »

Rep:
Level 86
I now have a bit accomplished as in for the online ability of my megaman project. Just some simple moving around and jumping. Later today I plan to create the climbing and shooting, shouldn't take to long. Well here's the screen shot for it:

Megaman Online