RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Is this generation killing music?

Rep:
Level 91
If you're arguing that black sabbath isn't rock, then there's not much intelligence to debate.
Haha... Black Sabbath is rock :D ? I had a feeling you'd say that. I view them as metal. And it's really opinion anyways - also, that's not the topic, so I'll just continue on. Peace.  :blizj:

I still think iTunes harms the feeling of music more than anything else. Sure it ups sales and such, but i just perfer things a bit more simple. That's why I think music is dead/dying anyways. Though I still don't know what a poster has to do with music dying...

"If someone tries to debate you into changing your mind about your belief in God, that's not indicative of atheism in its truest form. It's just the work of an asshole who refuses to have the same respect for you that he demands you have of him. When one takes it to the point of debating your religion (or worse), they're overthinking it, and it becomes something similar to doctrine - the very thing atheists supposedly reject." - Mullis Lives!

Rep:
Level 85
It seems the only music thats thriving right now is metal,not FAIL drowning pool or slapknut (Slipknot) but actual Im not sure about any other music though.Symphonies are getting a huge boost from the number of New video games coming out, that use them.
 97% of all rap is crap to me,new is a abomination(Only pre-90's skaterpunk and crossover thrash is good).
Goth rock is BORING....
New Radio freindly Rock is a Joke.
"Underground" New rock is a Joke as well.
Hours spent so far on RPG MAKER ONE PS1:210:34

Rep:
Level 91
It seems the only music thats thriving right now is metal,not FAIL drowning pool or slapknut (Slipknot) but actual Im not sure about any other music though.Symphonies are getting a huge boost from the number of New video games coming out, that use them.
 97% of all rap is crap to me,new is a abomination(Only pre-90's skaterpunk and crossover thrash is good).
Goth rock is BORING....
New Radio freindly Rock is a Joke.
"Underground" New rock is a Joke as well.

I pretty much agree with you. And Goth Rock is boring, I can't find a goth rock band I enjoy.

"If someone tries to debate you into changing your mind about your belief in God, that's not indicative of atheism in its truest form. It's just the work of an asshole who refuses to have the same respect for you that he demands you have of him. When one takes it to the point of debating your religion (or worse), they're overthinking it, and it becomes something similar to doctrine - the very thing atheists supposedly reject." - Mullis Lives!

Rep:
Level 85
The only gothy band I somewhat like is the NOT BLACK METAL Cradle of Filth,and there Goth stuff is just meh....

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
If you're arguing that black sabbath isn't rock, then there's not much intelligence to debate.
Haha... Black Sabbath is rock :D ? I had a feeling you'd say that. I view them as metal.

uh, metal IS rock. Do you have any semblance of a brain?

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
I'm agreeing with Malson here, Metal is Rock on steriods. Saying Metal doesn't fall under rock is either ignorant or insane.

Rep:
Level 85
I'm agreeing with Malson here, Metal is Rock on steriods. Saying Metal doesn't fall under rock is either ignorant or insane.

Metal is derived from Blues,your a idiot.

Rep:
Level 90
Returned from the dead.
U ahv bad gramer.
Sincerely,
Your conscience.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)

And guess what rock is derived from, you moron.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
Malson wins, Flawless Victory.

Rep:
Level 85

Black Sabbath was a BLUES band first and foremost (the ozzy years anyway) I won't deny the Rock influence,but overall they where still blues.And Many genres of metal are derived from Black Sabbath.People classify Metal as Rock on steroids because those people don't really Listen to that much metal. Unless your talking about Fail Bands like disturbed, Godsmack,or Avenged Sevenfold ETC..

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 King of RMRK2013 Best Musician2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Funniest MemberFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Funniest Member2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2010 Most Missed Member
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_sabbath ?_?

Having a blues influence does not make something blues. Either way, your post doesn't help your argument much.
:tinysmile:

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...

Black Sabbath was a BLUES band first and foremost (the ozzy years anyway) I won't deny the Rock influence,but overall they where still blues.And Many genres of metal are derived from Black Sabbath.People classify Metal as Rock on steroids because those people don't really Listen to that much metal. Unless your talking about Fail Bands like disturbed, Godsmack,or Avenged Sevenfold ETC..

Last time I checked Blind Guardian was far from a 'fail band'. Same goes for Manowar, Finntroll, Moonspell, Iced Earth and pretty much all the other metal I like. Anyone here can tell you, I have a gigantic distaste for mainstream crap.

Rep:
Level 85
ummm...I know i like Blind Guardian too.....I did'nt mention those bands....
              i also like Metal Church, and Dragonforce (Oh,god I said Dragonforce What Have I done!!!!?!?!)

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
Dragon Force? Oh god! GO TO YOUR ROOM!

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
fu what's your take on rhapsody (of fire)? I think they're awesome, but they're definitely not as metal as something like BG or Iced Earth.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
Got some DL links?

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
here you are

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...