RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Grid Inventory System

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space

Well, still, put this one in code tags because it is unreadable otherwise. To use code tags, just frame the text with [*code][*/code], without the *. Also, it might be too long, so put it in a spoiler too [*spoiler][*/spoiler]

Rep:
Level 86
i have a problem! it says
NoMethodError occurred while running script.
undefined method 'item_storage' for #<Game_System:0x14aca17>
whenever i try and open a storage box...

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
I suggest that you attach the code in a text (.txt) file as well.
Click on the Additional Options... and attach it.

It is not only that the code becomes unreadable. Some of the code is removed since it fits as BBCode and thus one can't copy directly. Also some of the code seems to be lost, yet again most likely due to the lack of tags.

Just do which one is the easiest for you ^_^

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
@ryuu: Have you added any scripts? Also, what is the line number of the error? My bet is that you are loading a save game from before you put the script in. That will not work on it's own, as the chests initialize at the beginning of the game. Once you start a new game, then there will be no more problems I should think.

Try starting a new game and see if it works then.

Also, for anyone who is interested, this script will be getting a new version, but not for a little while. It will have only a few extra features, like mouse compatibility, but it will be better code. I suspect it will be about 500-1000 lines shorter. I am rewriting the script for VX, and I have decided I will not hardcode the size of my scenes, so we will see how that goes. In any case, don't expect it for a while. I will have to revise my Paragraph Formatter before I finish it anyway.

Rep: +0/-0Level 86
Never mind modern i'm going to leave the inventory system maybe until another game because this is my first game and I don't want to get to complicated for me...and anyway I can get new scripts if I take this one out,sorry...

Current Games:
Darklands (Demon Slayer [new name])

Scripting - About 55% complete.

Eventing - About 1% complete.

Mapping - About .5% complete.

Spriting - 0% complete.

Rep:
Level 97
Well, you can get new scripts regardless. I am sure that whatever the error is, it is not difficult to fix, but do as you please.

Scratch that, I will use it but not yet i'm gonna get all my other scripts first to make sure no errors occurr. When I put your scripts back in at the end I will find fixes to all of my problems. (I was wondering Modern if for free [got no money for this] be my script compatibilizer) I will give you credit for whatever scripts I have of yours [I will even if you don't] and credit you as Darkland's Script compatibilizer.

ex. I send you any errors and the script that caused it and you tell me if there is a possible way to fix the compat. and you tell me what to do to fix it if there is a possible way.

Just a suggestion because I am working alone,this is my first game and that this is my biggest problem...  ??? 
« Last Edit: December 17, 2007, 01:31:31 AM by diablosbud »

Current Games:

Spriting - 0% complete.

Rep:
Level 97
Yeah, it's no problem. Just post them in the Scripts Help section and whenever I have time I will be happy to make them compatible, as long as it doesn't require massive editing.

Thanks modern...   ;D

Current Games:

Spriting - 0% complete.

Rep:
Level 86
@modern, i do have other scripts, but none of them affect the menu, one does affect items, but i don't think it will affect it, it dosen't have a line number, i just copied the text from the error box the one that affects items is here, is that providing an error?http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,20156.0.html

Rep:
Level 97
Maybe, but did you try seeing if it was just an old save file that was causing the error? The Item Storage variable initializes with Game_System. Game_System initializes when you start a new game. Therefore, if this is an old save file, then the item storage will not initialize and you would get the error that you have now. I think that's why the error appears.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2007, 05:23:03 PM by modern algebra »

Rep:
Level 86
dont worry, i managed to get it working, i copied it all from the demo, when that gave me a different error, i messed around with the call script event and fixed it, thanks for the help!

Hey i'm finally back posting in this topic  ;D, lol. Sorry but i've gotten another error this item hasn't been set up in the Item Data, but it isn't about that. My game goes non-responsive when I use an item  ???. I am not sure what this error is (probably compatibility) there an error with your script or my compatibility? I'd be thankful if you or someone else could help Modern.

*EDIT*: Also I just did the error again purposefully and for some odd reason it plays the cancel SE...
« Last Edit: January 30, 2008, 07:52:41 PM by diablosbud »

Current Games:

Spriting - 0% complete.

Rep:
Level 97
send me the project please so I can see the error?

Before you do though, set it up in the Item Data. That could cause such an error.

I don't know how to set it up in item data yet but it still displays the items icon. Please don't use any of my enemy names...

EDIT: I am such a newbie at this forum, could you please tell me how to add a file to a personal message, because i'll send it to you that way so you can have an unencrypted copy. So nobody can take any of my ideas ect.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2008, 07:59:48 PM by diablosbud »

Current Games:

Spriting - 0% complete.

Rep:
Level 97
Don't worry, I won't take any of your enemy names  :police:

To send a PM, go up to the My Messages Tab at the top of the page. Once you go into that, you will see that on the left there is a menu that has on it the option 'New Message'. Click that and type my name (modern algebra) in quotation marks. You'll need to upload your file to sendspace or another file hosting site however, since you cannot attach them to PMs. I sent you a message to which you can reply if you choose.

Im a SeaHorse.
OH SHIZ-Fickle!!! This is so awseome... Like Diobloz...2 and 1! I need to party now, Latre

What just happenededed-ened?

This is a really, really good question. Just wondering what controls are used in the Item Data Generator? I'd be thankful if someone could please help me.

EDIT: Never mind, editing the Item Data.txt looks much easier, due to the fact it already has the colours I want for red, green, and blue.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2008, 01:46:38 PM by diablosbud »

Current Games:

Spriting - 0% complete.

Never mind, it'll take me forever to compatabilize and my game is already taken 3 months and i'm not done scripting  :P. I'll get a more compatible inventory system (not compatabilized with Ring Menu, Other things that use Window_Item [fixed], Multi-Slot Equipment).

Current Games:

Spriting - 0% complete.

Rep:
Level 97
I apologize, but due to some major bugs I am going to take this down for the time being. Once I have rewritten the script I will re-release it. If anybody finds any problems with the version they have, then please be patient and wait for the release of the new version.

Revolution is not a bed of roses.
Rep:
Level 91
Project of the Month winner for July 2009
USE PROPER ENGLISH DAMNIT. I read two words and then decided to stop reading your post.

Rep:
Level 97
No power to ban people, sorry :P

Anyway, yeah, there have been some bugs that have been found - the one you are encountering is likely due to the fact that I changed the Paragraph Formatter in a minor way before the release of this script, and so the version of the facade that this script expects is not in the Paragraph Formatter I added to the file. Presto Error if you took the script from the folder and not the demo.

Anyway, as the post above yours says:

I apologize, but due to some major bugs I am going to take this down for the time being. Once I have rewritten the script I will re-release it. If anybody finds any problems with the version they have, then please be patient and wait for the release of the new version.

I now realize I neglected to actually take it down, but I will rectify that soon.

Anyway, as for the screenshots - I based the layout on Betrayal at Krondor, an old computer game (maybe the first one to appear on CD too, I can't remember). As for the item graphics, they are just filler - the script intends for people to make their own item/weapon/armor graphics and the script allows them to make them any size they want. So it depends on the game designer how large or small weapons are.

But thanks for your input, it is useful. I am thinking about revising the layout, but I've never played Golden Sun so I wouldn't count on it looking anything like that.

Rep:
Level 91
That's a pity, I have a problem with anyone who can't even learn to type English. I saw one period in the huge paragraph, and you clearly have never seen the shift key. Make some effort to write legibly, and we'll have no problem.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
For the love of God, someone please lock this thread until MA rewrites the script.

Rep:
Level 91
Done, Modern has the power to unlock it whenever he wants.