RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[RESOLVED] Stay the night at an inn and warp? [RM2k3]

Rep: +0/-0Level 86
I want to make it so that if you spend the night at an inn, it warps you to the room you stay in. But it warps me even if I tell it not to stay the night! How do I do this?
« Last Edit: October 27, 2007, 08:22:17 AM by Zeriab »

Rep:
Level 87
Things we fear the most have already happened 2 us
Here is the basic structure of how to do it:

set variable #001money_held = MONEY
Text: Stay the night? (Costs: cost,,you have \v[#001])

Choice: Yes/No

Case: YES
CONDITION BRANCH: if #001money_held >= cost
transfer player to the room,,full recovery,,change money (subtract cost).
else
Text: You don't have enough money

Case: NO
Text: Fine then....
"If u'r about to die,,then think of how good ur life has treated u up to this point.  On the
other hand,,if life hasn't treated u good up to this point,,then take joy in the fact that
it's not going to bother u for much longer."

Yes, that's all good, but is there a way to mimic the blackout effect normal inns do, then when it fades in you're in the room? I'm using the default inn1 jingle for it, btw.

Rep:
Level 87
Things we fear the most have already happened 2 us
Yes,,that's not a problem:

Use SET SCREEN TONE command or something similar [if u set all the values to like 0,,the screen should go completely black]

then you can use PLAY BGM command: INN MUSIC

use WAIT command while the song plays,,like WAIT 7 seconds

then you use PLAY BGM command again: the normal music

Transfer Player to the room

and finally use the SET SCREEN TONE COMMAND AGAIN and set all the values to 100 or something (which should make the screen go back to its original shading)

Hope that helps...
"If u'r about to die,,then think of how good ur life has treated u up to this point.  On the
other hand,,if life hasn't treated u good up to this point,,then take joy in the fact that
it's not going to bother u for much longer."

It does, problem resolved =)