RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Web Design]My first site layout

Rep:
Level 88
supsup
well guys, i have made my first half descent site layout please let me know what you think

Spoiler for:

Edit: Heres a new one i made its a bit nicer than the one above.

Spoiler for:

I also have started a small little web design....well, i guess you could call it a business but its not really that. If you want a site made you can email me at  freewebdesign1@gmail.com  its completely free you just supply the domain and i do the rest
« Last Edit: April 25, 2008, 05:18:16 PM by ahref »
For Free Web Design, E-mail us at freewebdesign@gmail.com

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
I think it's a littlleee empty but if you fill the News and Welcome text with the reflections like in "insane" then awesomeness would take birth.
Arlen is hot.

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
LINK A 2 TUTORIAL

Of course there isn't anything wrong with using a tutorial, they are their to help you LEARN. But try to add your own creative touches to the site also.
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 88
supsup
yeah i know I'm making another one like that right now and adding a little more than that tutorial has. Its a sleek black car sales layout

lol, Nouman i have a question. How in the hell do you find all this stuff??

And Night wolf the car sales one (the new one i put up there) does have all shiny text!
« Last Edit: October 20, 2007, 03:30:37 PM by sparten84 »

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
remember to code it ^^
and will you be splicing and framing, or using html with css?

or are you not that far yet xD

I started with splicing, so it's not like it's against the law.

Rep:
Level 88
supsup
remember to code it ^^
and will you be splicing and framing, or using html with css?

or are you not that far yet xD

I started with splicing, so it's not like it's against the law.

I have no idea what splicing is I'm going to start learning css and i almost have html...i guess you could say mastered.

The hard part for me was getting the hang of photoshop but thanks to that tutorial up there it helped me alot

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
By splicing, I think he means using visual editors instead of coding a website from scratch.  Like creating the layout in Adobe Photoshop and slicing the images, then "Saving for web".  Or like using a WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) program?

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
I think by splicing he means taking pieces of code from pre-made page layouts, and combining them into yours.

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
Oops.  >_<  You are probably right.  :D

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
I might have used the wrong word, but I meant when you use the pen tool to cut up the image and hit "send to image ready" and then save as html and images.

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
Nothing big, but I couldn't help but notice that the reflected N and S were mirrored.
:taco: :taco: :taco:

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
Then yup.  "Splicing" is similar to slicing in Photoshop.  Ever tried the Slice tool, Nouman?  That splash page for my website was made with it.  After you slice the image in parts, all you do is "Save for Web" and you get an HTML page with a folder containing all the sliced images.  The HTML page is basically a generated table that unites all the slices of the image to create a whole... similar to a puzzle.  You probably (almost 100% sure) know about this, though.

As for the layout we are talking about, it's a very good start.  But I would also like to know how it was made.  Was it with a tutorial?  If so, for what program?  (I think the answer was given already, but I am lazy right now.  Heheh.)

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
eww @ spliced pages

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Then yup.  "Splicing" is similar to slicing in Photoshop.  Ever tried the Slice tool, Nouman?  That splash page for my website was made with it.  After you slice the image in parts, all you do is "Save for Web" and you get an HTML page with a folder containing all the sliced images.  The HTML page is basically a generated table that unites all the slices of the image to create a whole... similar to a puzzle.  You probably (almost 100% sure) know about this, though.

As for the layout we are talking about, it's a very good start.  But I would also like to know how it was made.  Was it with a tutorial?  If so, for what program?  (I think the answer was given already, but I am lazy right now.  Heheh.)

Spartens layout was a tutorial and it is for photoshop.
Also, yes I have used the slice tool, before Roph taught me css with html I created some layouts using that method.

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
At school the ICT teacher was standing at the front talking about using tables for a web layout and im sitting there trying not to pipe up about what we should be using because it would have resulted in me explaining to everyone how to use css :'(

oops this is slightly off topic so ill ad one line

Sometimes is best not to pipe up on the internet aswell
« Last Edit: November 03, 2007, 08:39:10 PM by ahref »

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
lol I know how that is. ;____;

Not quite that situation though.

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
I hope that my future professors for web design are competent enough not to tell their students to use tables for the layout.  I DID start using tables because I was ignorant, but that was almost two years ago...

Rep: +0/-0Level 84
For a first attempt I think it's great.
You'll find that each one you do will improve from the last.
Keep up the good work!
Please have a read about Vardis.

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
this thread is over a year old wtf. DO NOT NECRO POST

Rep:
Level 33
RMRK Junior
nice site Just signed myself up Although quite when Im going to get the time to do anyting on there at the moment is beyond me

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
yeah man, I signed up to a web design image too.