RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Confused about hosting

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Alright so I am a little confused about some stuff.

I noticed my shared hosting package, is extremely fast. Faster than I thought it would be.

I was offered this:

If you'd like, we can move your sites to the main Koreru server. It's
only a single processor, but it's only used for 3 sites. The average
server load is 0.01. We've got an extra IP address over there you can
have too.

but I don't know what the benefit of that would be, and the I don't understand the benefit of having an "IP"
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 86
It's The Avatar!
I would just stay where you where now. It's fast already and things might go wrong when you move. If it works well and you don't even know why or for what you need an ip I would just stay at the 'server' you are now.

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
Having your own IP is a perk really. I have 4 IPs to myself on my server, and if my DNS ever screws up or something I'd still be able to access stuff through the IPs.

Also if you're on shared hosting and somebody else on the same IP spams enough and gets blacklisted, it'll affect you also.

Load averages of my server right now:

1 Minute: 0.05
5 Minutes: 0.07
15 Minutes: 0.09

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Load_(computing)
bringing sexy back

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
thanks for the replies!
I guess their isn't anything wrong with staying or moving. Just gaining an extra perk. I will see what I choose soon and if I choose to move and don't like it, I 'm sure he will move me back ^^
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun