RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
What is it with people who think drugs are bad but drinking is okay?

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Hmmm

Alcohol? Or Heroin?

I think one of those is significantly worse than the other...

Actually, that's not even entirely true, Heroin has a huge stigmata about it, but it's really only as bad as some other hard drugs, like LSD or mushrooms or acid.

But yeah, come on, alcohol doesn't even approach the same level as heroin, or mushrooms.
Alcohol doesn't make you trip and eat people. You might fight people, though, lol.

I think the issue is that people group all drugs into one set, and then say it's not as bad as alcohol. Softer drugs aren't as bad as alcohol, that's absolutely true. Weed just makes you hungry and happy, OC just makes you itchy and happy, vicoden just makes you happy and not pee. But the hard stuff is fucking dangerous, because it alters your perception of things, and detaches your actions from your thoughts.

You wouldn't really understand if you haven't done any hard drugs.
Having a bad experience with alcohol means you throw up and immediately feel better, and then feel like shit the next day. Or maybe you sleep with someone you regret LOL.
Having a bad trip is fucking terrifying. Trust me. It can do permanent damage to your brain, which is much worse than just doing damage to your body.

Anyone who thinks Oxycontin isn't a hard drug is a fucking idiot.

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
it's only a hard drug if you're stupid enough to take it three days in a row
then you go through withdrawal and feel sick for a few days, boo hoo

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Classification as a "hard drug" doesn't hinge on the amount you take.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
Agreed. Otherwise alcohol would be a hard drug, and half of the debate in this thread would be nullified.

Rep:
Level 96
Classification as a "hard drug" doesn't hinge on the amount you take.
Then what makes OC a hard drug?

Rep:
Level 94
Because it has one chemical difference from heroin. It is, basically, prescription heroin.

Rep:
Level 96
But it doesn't have the same effects as heroin...

Rep:
Level 94
But it doesn't have the same effects as heroin...

Ok, you fail this topic.

It has nearly the EXACT same effects as heroin. Why do you think that most people start on Vicodin, move to OCs, and then realized that bags of heroin are $20-$30 cheaper and just switch to that?

Don't try to debate on a topic you know nothing about.

Rep:
Level 96
I'm only debating because, uh, I've done both. Unless my roomate is lying to me, but he's a pharmacy major, and heroin's kind of his vice.

OC makes me really happy and chill, and in a really good mood. And itchy.
Heroin just made me tired and not give a fuck and just want to go to sleep. And my roomate kept saying "make sure he stays awake."

Seriously, don't get so fucking pissy over this, I was just asking you to clarify for me.
You don't have to be a pretentious little shitbag over it just because the forum is named "Elitist Debate."

Jesus fucking Christ.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2008, 09:00:09 PM by Arlen »

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
WOW, that escalated quickly.

Rep:
Level 94
Seriously. That was horribly unnecessary. No need to get all cranky about it.

Rep:
Level 96
I know, Holk really flew off the handle there.

Oh wait, you're holk.