RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[RESOLVED] Side-view battle system (RMXP)

Rep:
Level 86
It's The Avatar!
Hello,

My brother and I started a game and wanting to think of everything we want first. Then in test games we make each of the features and then see what we think.

Now in our game we want a side-view battle, where you can actually WALK. Like Tales-of games have(tales of eternia for example).

But we have no idea how to do this. Yes, we know about scripting and such but do you recommend me any tutorials, sites or previews I could look at to get this?

Thanks,
Xikeon.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2007, 08:47:02 AM by Xikeon »

Communication begins with understanding
Rep:
Level 89
Project of the Month winner for October 2007
There's side view battle systems all around the net. You can take a look on hbgames.org for one, I belive they have one.

With Walk, do you mean, like you will be able to move the battlers during battle? It dosen't sound impossilbe to do, but you need to be a talented scripter to do that.

Rep:
Level 86
It's The Avatar!
There's side view battle systems all around the net. You can take a look on hbgames.org for one, I belive they have one.

With Walk, do you mean, like you will be able to move the battlers during battle? It dosen't sound impossilbe to do, but you need to be a talented scripter to do that.

Ok I'll have a look.

And yes, thats what I mean. That you can walk with your main character. I'm a quick learner, used to some scripting languages and willing to learn to make this.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
A Tales of Battle System might be a little difficult to find. That being said, I have seen a topic in which there was at least the claim that it was a Tales of Battle System, and I recall hearing of a Japanese RM game that had that CBS. I suggest you do a search on CA and .org, and try one here as well, as I think I saw a similar topic on this site.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Same. But I think I remember Falcon/DL saying that it is either highly not recommended for people who don't know how to script or it's just pretty buggy.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah

Rep:
Level 89
Who's that?

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah

Rep:
Level 86
It's The Avatar!
What do you mean with:
"I suggest you do a search on CA and .org,"

What is CA?

Rep:
Level 89
creationasylum

And with org, he means hbgames.org. Maybe I should just give you the link to the sites.

http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,19429.0.html

http://www.hbgames.org/forums/

Rep:
Level 86
It's The Avatar!
Ok thanks for all the help so far. Great support :)

I'll have a look at their site. *googles*

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
and .org is hbgames.org

Rep:
Level 86
It's The Avatar!
Ok, thanks all. So I found something what really looks like it.

http://www.creationasylum.net/index.php?showtopic=12407

It's a bit buggy such as you can't do anything when you stand in a monster.