RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
RPG Maker VX?

Rep:
Level 86
I paid for the Jap version and got a english Translatore from a friend  :D but at least I paid

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
The website was updated with a materials section, but all that really contains is stuff that we've known for months from translation. The official english version is still not released.

Rep:
Level 86
Its been released, and to be honest, its crap...

no freedom to personalise a map, like XP had... and the sprites are gay...
the mapping side of it is very poor.

I messed around with it, and the whole system is very similar to XP, if anything, they've made it worse... like they took a step backwards...

...I'm very dissapointed.
I'm not just going to hell...I'm taking over the management.

Rep:
Level 86
I have been using it and personally I like it a few things are annoying but I like it...(mostly cuz it is compatible with Vista)   :)

Rep:
Level 88
To be honest, i don't think I like their battle system that much aside from the fact that the animation was like 10 times better. I just wish they put graphics of your OWN character in their as well, not just stats only. =[
YOUR SIGNATURE WAS GINOURMOUS! - RMRK Sig Police

Rep:
Level 85
Thats funny i didn't have to wait. I already have the trial version english rpg maker vx. Its all good. I like it alot. Enterbrain did a good job with the program. See the thing is that the battle sistem is the same as rpg maker 2000. Its only has the dragon warrior battle system. What you have to do is copy and past the rpg maker 2003 battle system scripted into rpg maker vx in your rpg maker vx project. But it is that simple and easy to do. I have never figure it out yet. I have been experamenting with the programs.
"If you build it, they will play it"