RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[RESERVED] Custom Class System

Rep:
Level 86
Purukogi... Purukogi... Purukogi...
I would like to make a request for a script for my game that is currently in-development. It's a lot to ask for, I know, but I would appreciate some help, as I have no idea how to script.

Basically, I need a class system similar to FFV, in which characters can have more than one class. An existing script can be found here: http://anonym.to/?http://anonym.to/?http://www.hbgames.org/forums/showthread.php?t=4305 (credit to Fomar0135) Here's what I need.

I will not be revealing class names, weapon IDs, skill IDs, or anything to make it simple.

Just put in something and tell me what I need to put in there.

This only affects characters 1-8. All other characters have their own specific class and it does not change.

At the beginning of the game, every character is Unclassed. They can only equip certain weapons and armor, and may not learn skills. However, via events, they can unlock classes.

Once the character is no longer Unclassed, it does not retain any attributes of an Unclassed character, but aside from that, every skill and equippable weapon and armor become permanent. There is no limit to the number of classes that are held at one time.

Each class has Class Levels, and they start at level 1, and by gaining CP (class points), they may increase the level in the same way as EXP. A new skill is learned from levels 2-9 (2 skills for some classes), and upon reaching level 10, CP is no longer allocated to that class. If there are multiple classes under level 10, CP is distributed evenly among the classes.

If a class requires another class to unlock it, it may not be unlocked unless the previous class has reached level 10. Some classes require two or more classes at level 10 to unlock it.

Also, every class has a specific inherent bonus that is only available to members of that class. Bonuses are cumulative, as are skills and equipment.

Specific bonuses include: Bonuses to basic stats (MaxHP, STR, etc.), dealing elemental damage, increasing ATK by x%, healing x% when attacking normally, healing every x rounds, draining HP from a random enemy every x rounds, increasing party members of a certain class' ATK by x%, allowing x extra accessory slots, dealing damage to SP as well as HP when attacking normally, allowing to make two actions every x rounds or xth rounds (both normal attacks only or normal attacks and skills), increasing G gained from battle by x%, allowing an ATK and PDEF/MDEF value when not equipped with weapons or armor, decreasing SP used for skills, increasing party member's basic stats, increasing ATK by x% for every y party members, and allowing certain characters in the party.

For the last one, there are some classes that unless there is a party member of that class currently in the party, some characters will not be available in the party. Some are restricted by the class level of the party member of that class.

If any of this can be done by events, please let me know.

I know it's pretty extensive and a lot to ask for, but I certainly would appreciate it. I will, of course, give full credit to whoever writes this script.

Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2007, 07:44:41 AM by Forty-two »
Insert witty and hilarious quote here.

Revolution is not a bed of roses.
Rep:
Level 91
Project of the Month winner for July 2009
FF systems are pretty common, did you search a lot on hbgames.org and creationasylum?

Rep:
Level 86
The thing is that I'm not wanting it to be exactly like that, I'm just using FFV as a basic idea of what's needed. And I have looked there.

Rep:
Level 91
If you found something similar, than you should post whatever script is similar to it, it's much easier for a scripter to edit an existing script than making one from scratch. Edits can take less than a couple hours, making something from scratch takes much more.

Rep:
Level 86
Ok, I took your suggestion. Linkage on the first post.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
This seems like a pretty interesting script. I am not promising anything, but if I can think of a good design for the script I might write it for you. If any other scripter desires it, then by all means, you may take it. One question though: How would you want the CP growth to be? Do you want specific amounts for each level? Do you want different characters get levels faster? Do you want certain classes to take more CP to level?

Rep:
Level 86
Alright then, I'll let you have it if you want it.

I'd think that the characters gain CP pretty much the same, but different levels take more CP to level, and certain classes take more CP than other classes.

I gotta go.

Rep:
Level 91
I'm going to warn you, there's only one tag, it's only reserved or available.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Call it Reserved then. I'll do the script

Rep:
Level 97
Umm... okay, I have a few more questions. First, is there a scene where you choose classes? I get the unlocking part, but does unlocked mean that each character gets the class or merely that it can be selected, and if this the case, how can it be selected, and I want a mockup of how you would like this to be displayed.? Second, are those all the possible class bonuses? Since many of them will require scripts of their own, I need to know every possible bonus in order to make it work. Third, how do you want the menu and status screens designed in order to display the classes the character has? Do not say do it however you like, give me pictures. I do not want to think about graphical design when writing this script. I want to see mockups of every scene and window you want modified or created.

Also, please note that I may take my time doing this. Not only do I have other scripts I am concerned with, I also have school. If this takes a long time, do not get impatient.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2007, 04:24:04 AM by modern algebra »

Rep:
Level 86
It's alright, I have school too, and I'm probably more busy with extracurricular activities.

You can choose classes by talking to those trainers, and I think that would be best done by events.
Unlocked means that the class may be selected by talking to that trainer (Note that some trainers will have multiple classes).

Those are all the possible class bonuses, or variations thereof (replacing x by specific variables).
EDIT: Actually wait I lied. There's another one I forgot about that the only bonus is that it allows access to the final boss area.

I'll have to make the pictures later. As I said before, I'm about as busy as you are, if not more so.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2007, 10:18:02 AM by Forty-two »

Rep:
Level 97
Another question about the bonuses:

Do the bonuses increase in potency with each level? What I mean is, if the max HP bonus is 50 upon gaining the class, will that bonus be added to with each level, so would the bonus at level 2 be 100, or something?

Rep:
Level 86
No, the bonuses will be the same for all levels.

Edit: Here's the first set of screenshots showing how the initial training for the classes will go down. I am aware that this will largely be done by events, but there will inevitably be some scripting in it.

This features a trainer who trains the following classes: Knight and Paladin. When the party approaches him,

Of course they do.

They decide to train Sirdude as a Knight. He has met all the requirements.

After choosing Sirdude,

w00t. Congrats. Now on the other hand, if they tried to train Zaelan as a Knight, and he already is, this would come up:

And if Legantos tried to train as a Paladin, but he hasn't reached all the requirements, this would happen:

Pwnt. Lol @ u.
Oh... I mean... the "White Mage" and "Vampire Slayer" are replaced by whatever classes are necessary for that class but not yet reached level 10.

I'll start making the menu screen later. There are also some things in battle that I would need to be changed, but I'll do that later.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2007, 12:36:14 PM by Forty-two »

Rep:
Level 97
I would suggest not using events for the training system. First, because it looks kind of unprofessional. Second, those would be nasty conditional branches. Not only would you need to make conditionals for every possible actor, you would need to make conditionals for every possible class under each class chosen. It would be much easier to design a scripted scene and have me make that for you. The fact is, the only scripting involved in the event that you posted would be conditioning on what classes are currently held by each actor, as well as what classes are required. Anyway, it's your choice.

Also, do you want regular levelling and exp as well? Or no?

Rep:
Level 86
Well, whatever's best.

And yes, the CP are in addition to normal EXP.

Oh, and don't expect any more designing for at least two weeks. My life is crammed until then.