RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Discuss about the RTP

Communication begins with understanding
Rep:
Level 89
Project of the Month winner for October 2007
Many people hates the RTP resources that comes along with the program. Acctully, a guy on another site didn't finish the demo of Rose Memories, because he has played to many games with the RTP style graphics. So he stopped to play it.

What's your thoughts about the RTP? Should it really matter if you use the RTP graphics to your games, or not? If the game has a wonderfull story, but have the RTP graphics, should it be marked as "Bad game", because it has the RTP style graphics?

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
RTP for me is like Actors in hollywood

who cares if it's the same face, it's the role that truly matters

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
RTP is pretty good. The character sets are simply amazing. The battlers, however, have some bad ones... RTP is great to be used but it shouldn't be the only thing in a game if you're making one.

Rep:
Level 89
But some people don't enjoy the games because of the RTP. Is that really right?

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
<3 the rtp.

would love to see how much people would want one if they never released one.
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 89
If you post a game, with RTP resources, and some scripts, at least 25% of the posters in the topic is going to complain over the RTP. It's like they don't care about the story or anything, they start think

"Oh, a game with RTP graphics. It's a crap game". At least Pro-RPG Makers thinks so.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
If you post a game, with RTP resources, and some scripts, at least 25% of the posters in the topic is going to complain over the RTP. It's like they don't care about the story or anything, they start think

"Oh, a game with RTP graphics. It's a crap game". At least Pro-RPG Makers thinks so.
Wait. Shouldn't Pro-RPG Makers be thankful and realize the use of the RTP? XD

Rep:
Level 89

Wait. Shouldn't Pro-RPG Makers be thankful and realize the use of the RTP? XD

Probably not, since they want everything custom made.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
No, I think those are the n00bs who want to try and cover the flaws in their game with custom stuff. Unlike Dark Eternal.

Rep:
Level 89
I is my hero!
Lot's people say that if you use RTP, your not putting in effort into the game(which is total BS). Anyways there is barely any games with TRUE original graphics. RTP also looks the best in my opinion. It is also the easiest to work with and manipulate.

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
RTP is great; especially sprites and also other stuff.
I don't guite like the battlers, though.

RTP is a very important part in RPG Maker Games.
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Rep:
Level 87
I think the RTP has very good graphics, and it has the potential to be used for a great game. The reason people associate RTP with bad game is that n00bs make horrible games all by themselves. They suck at mapping. They use the RTP, abusing it's beauty, making it look like a horrible piece of crap that's been digested more than once. They associate the RTP with crappy mapping and half-ass games.

If the RTP is used right, it can come out amazing. Anybody who insults a game because it uses the RTP is a n00b. Rather, they should insult the game for abusing the RTP. Not for using it. <.< >.>

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
RTP is a very good thing, provides basics, but people who think that:- ZOMG IM AN EXPERT MAKER- don't use rtp. They think its cheap and a sign of weakness.

I don't mind tho~
Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 89
When it comes to RTP, I always use the Tileset RTP. Because they are easy to use, and it looks good. Buth the characters, it happens that I re-colour them ;D