RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Underworld 2 (action-rpg) [Completed]

Rep: +0/-0Level 86
Many features that go along with this unique action-rpg:

Battle vicious beasts!

Explore villages and interact with different villagers!

Plenty of action and intense challenges!

A unique level up system that will motivate you to never give up!

A world full of unique areas to explore...

A large amount of unique abilities and spells!

Download Here!

Welcome to a world that is about to end...
You play as a character named Daron, a man who has to live with the scarring memory of losing the one he loved more than life, a man who never gives up no matter the risk, and a man who will stop at nothing to make a difference on everyone.  Watch the hills burn, the cities fall, and the lives fade away as Daron travels the land in desperate search of answers and a second chance.

Daron's antagonist:  The Under World...

-Many intense battles, action-based
-A beautiful level up system, full of challenges to gamble experience on and abilities to gain
-Dozens of original, affective weapons, armor, shields, bows, cannons, and magic spells to gain through out villages
-Tough, large bosses full of destructive attacks
-4 unique villages full of interactive people you can talk to
-Ability to create your own bombs later in the game, nearly 40 different types of bombs
-Powerful bows and guns to purchase and archery skill to learn
-Magic of "Shape Changing", turning yourself into different violent creatures to fight in battle
-2 routes to choose from in leveling up (magician or warrior) and a sub-class of archery in the warrior path
-A large city with more than 30 buildings, including a pub, weapon, magic, shape change, bomb, and armor shop
-Around 4-5 hours of game play

If you encounter any issues with installing, playing, or downloading, you can reach me on aim here: "mimicofmind" or yahoo messenger: "eagankid@yahoo.com" at almost all times.  If you want an immediate response, I will be MORE than happy to help you out.

P.S. Don't worry about playing the first one.  You don't need to know the story of the first to understand the sequel.  If you are interested enough, maybe we can work something out and I will let you try out game 1.

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
You need to work on your mapping. ;D
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

You need to work on your mapping. ;D

Heh, yeah I totally agree.  When it comes to the game creation, my maps aren't always as impressive as they probably could be...though I still highly recommend you try the game.  Despite some of the weak maps, I still think I did a great job with the story-line, the programming, and some of the visuals.  I have received some really good reviews so far so I think it is definitely worth a shot.  Anywho, thanks for leaving a comment!

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Looks pretty good. Downloading now. Is that a custom ABS? It is a good idea to list features and credit, if any is required, in your post. Judging by the HUD, is it event-based?
« Last Edit: September 28, 2007, 05:26:19 PM by modern algebra »

Looks pretty good. Downloading now. Is that a custom ABS? It is a good idea to list features and credit, if any is required, in your post. Judging by the HUD, is it event-based?

Yep, I designed the battle system completely myself from scratch.  And yeah, there are more than 150 common events, so there are TONS of features that make this game a unique play.  And I'm sorry...what does HUD stand for? :P  Heh, I even tried looking that abbreviation up online  :lol:  Anyways, thanks for takin' the time to download and try this game.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Ah, HUD means Heads-Up Display. In this case it is the HP and SP bars, but in some games it would involve minimap, etc.. It is essentially just information displayed on the maps at all times, or at least all times that it is necessary.

Anyways, after playing the prologue, I am quite impressed by the event systems. The battle system is quite enjoyable. The things I disliked were first, the hero. Aluxes (or Arshes) is kind of disliked. It would be worth it, I think, to enlist the help of someone to make a sprite for your main character. With the gameplay he sees, he would probably be happy to also make additional sprites for casting spells and swinging the weapon. That would improve the graphical element immensely, as would better mapping. Another noticeable thing is the absence of a CMS. You do some clever things with status and equipping spells, but with the default CMS and a 1-person party, there will always be a lot of empty space, and so I would also suggest getting someone to make a CMS for you. Aside from that, the battle system is quite fun, and the game is good as it is. But with just those minor improvements, it could be a lot better. In any case, good work, I enjoyed it and I will probably finish it.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
first impressions without having played the game:
mapping looks kinda bland, looking forward to the eventedness

advice - you should include all graphics and music needed to run your game
(even from the RTP)
so that people who would never ever ever use the RTP for anything else won't need to install it

impressions after having played - the evented ABS is amazing, very well done.
it takes a bit of time to get used to always dashing as you attack, but it's definetally a good design choice.  Mapping indeed does need work, and when certain messages come up, the letters go off the box, which is bad

advice - I would redesign the controls and have the attack key be A, the healing key be S, the spell key be D and the mana crystal key be F so that it's more comfortable to use
as for mapping, if you make everything less "square" it will work just fine.
((and if you want a custom 1 person CMS just let me know :hint hint, wink wink:))

for the record, I have nothing against people using Arshes

oh, and yeah, I will finish this game
« Last Edit: September 28, 2007, 05:49:10 PM by NAMKCOR »

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Ah, HUD means Heads-Up Display. In this case it is the HP and SP bars, but in some games it would involve minimap, etc.. It is essentially just information displayed on the maps at all times, or at least all times that it is necessary.

Anyways, after playing the prologue, I am quite impressed by the event systems. The battle system is quite enjoyable. The things I disliked were first, the hero. Aluxes (or Arshes) is kind of disliked. It would be worth it, I think, to enlist the help of someone to make a sprite for your main character. With the gameplay he sees, he would probably be happy to also make additional sprites for casting spells and swinging the weapon. That would improve the graphical element immensely, as would better mapping. Another noticeable thing is the absence of a CMS. You do some clever things with status and equipping spells, but with the default CMS and a 1-person party, there will always be a lot of empty space, and so I would also suggest getting someone to make a CMS for you. Aside from that, the battle system is quite fun, and the game is good as it is. But with just those minor improvements, it could be a lot better. In any case, good work, I enjoyed it and I will probably finish it.

Heh, yeah I totally know what you mean about the main character sprite.  I guess how I thought at first is, "hey, this sprite looks new to me, so it will look new to everyone else," which totally isn't the case when you test dozens of games with people who think the same way.  In a nutshell, I am basically done with this game, even with it's flaws since I'm working on a completely new one.  I do agree that making separate sprites for spells and weapons would be AMAZING.  Damn, I wish I would have taken the time to do that...though I think I will plan something that amazing for a future game.  Anyways, aside from those flaws, there are TONS of awesome features included in this game that I'm sure will make you forget all about the main character's sprite and the lack of extra spell animations.  The best part about this game...the further into the game you get, the more insanely fun it becomes.  Heh, it only gets better and more exciting.  I hope you enjoy the rest of it and let me know if there are other things I could change so that it could help me for future game-making.

first impressions without having played the game:
mapping looks kinda bland, looking forward to the eventedness

advice - you should include all graphics and music needed to run your game
(even from the RTP)
so that people who would never ever ever use the RTP for anything else won't need to install it

impressions after having played - the evented ABS is amazing, very well done.
it takes a bit of time to get used to always dashing as you attack, but it's definetally a good design choice.  Mapping indeed does need work, and when certain messages come up, the letters go off the box, which is bad

advice - I would redesign the controls and have the attack key be A, the healing key be S, the spell key be D and the mana crystal key be F so that it's more comfortable to use
as for mapping, if you make everything less "square" it will work just fine.
((and if you want a custom 1 person CMS just let me know :hint hint, wink wink:))

for the record, I have nothing against people using Arshes

oh, and yeah, I will finish this game

Thank you so much for the offer on the CMS.  I don't think I will be making more adjustments on this game since I finished last march and I am currently working on a brand new one (with a CMS actually!).  And also as far as mapping goes, I agree I am not completely pro at it, never have been the best mapper, but I think it gets better as the game progresses.  Also, I think that most of the grammar errors I have found have been at the beginning of the game.  As easy as it would be to fix, it would still be a huge pain to me seeing as I have a slow connection and I would have to re upload the game again.  To me at this point it doesn't seem worth it.  Heh, maybe it sounds like I'm slacking on what I could make a perfect game, but after all the work I put into it, I just want to put this game behind me and simply see how other people view it.  Thanks for the compliment on the battle system.  I do agree that it is my most successful game play I have ever manually created.  This game is a treasure to me and I look forward to hearing how it goes for you!

If anybody has any questions feel free to email me at eagankid@yahoo.com or catch me on yahoo messenger with that same screen name.  I check my email like 50 times per day and I just LOVE helping people out who need assistance with my game.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2007, 08:38:30 PM by moam »

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
The ABs system and other features looks great, but do better on your 2nd game!
(I f you're planning to.)

The ABs system and other features looks great, but do better on your 2nd game!
(I f you're planning to.)

Oh for sure dude.  I'm making an exploratory night/day system zelda-like rpg and instead of lurching forward when you attack, you just slice right in front of you.  I have a complete custom-made menu system that I designed myself and the game itself look beautiful.  I am actually very far into the programming...I predict I could be done in possibly a couple months. :)

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Good Luck.
Kudos.
God Bless You.

pokeball JAPOfflineFemale
I used to know nothing
Rep:
Level 89
Please tell me the size of this game.

I won't dare to download it before I knew it.

Leventhan: Thank you!

Jap0911: It is about 42 megs...but worth it.