RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Need some help with Nintendo Wii.

Rep:
Level 86
I got a Nintendo Wii a few weeks back with Sims 2 Pets, Wii Sports, Wii Ply and Mario Party 8 (why does it suck so much? lol).

I would like to connect to the internet with it, but I have no idea how, I don't have any of this wireless jibberish and there is no other things out here in Australia to do it (I have already checked many stores).

Why not the usb port? (My modem/router allows connection through USB AND Ethernet), or why can't there be software to interface in windows for it, to transmit the data through a USB cable?

Also (if I can somehow get on the net), how does one get legacy game content and such? If it's a pay for service, who the hell do I pay and how (it's a japenese company eh), so yeah, any ideas?

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
You will need a wireless router, or USB WIFI Dongle. I know there are wireless routers out there.

Here is a list of compatible routers I found.
NetGear DG834G (v3)
D-LINK DWL-922
Billion 7404VGP
Telewell EA-513
KINAMAX USB 2.0 - RJ45 Fast Ethernet 10/100 BaseT NetworkAdapter (old)
Buffalo WMR-G54 Airstation Wireless ADSL Router
Belkin F5D7231UK4 (manual setup and firmware update)
D-LINK DI-524
Netopia 2247NWG-VGx (limited ds support)
Netgear WGT624v3 (disable extended range, 2.0.16_1.0.1 firmware)
Linksys WRTP54G
DS wireless access point (official nintendo or WiFi Max)
Linksys BEFSR41 v4
D-link DGL-4300
2wire? more details please
Orange/Wanadoo Livebox
Linksys Wusb54gs-uk
Linksys WRT300N (firmware 0.97 WAP + MAC add filtering unbroadcast SSID)

If not, there is Wifimax.
Wifi max is what I use. It says PSP, but it works perfectly fine for the Wii and DS.
http://us.codejunkies.com/shop/product.asp?c=US&cr=USD&r=0&l=1&ProdID=711

You zetta sons of digits.
Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
Damn got there first, also it is free, completely to play, but to get games for download you need 'points' i know you can buy them, but i think you get some for the games you buy i think.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
Damn got there first, also it is free, completely to play, but to get games for download you need 'points' i know you can buy them, but i think you get some for the games you buy i think.
The only way to get them, is from purchasing them. They don't come with anything.

You zetta sons of digits.
Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
The only way to get them, is from purchasing them. They don't come with anything.

Ah i thought that you got them like, when you start a new game up or something =/

Rep:
Level 86
That's pretty lame, so you can't even really test anything lol.

Not that I need to get legacy games from them....... but I figured it might be fun none the less :P.

$40 for that, and that's US, that'd be like $80 here, Pay that for a full game lol, you'd think the console would come with *everything you need.....*, it's not like everyone has wireless nic's and such (I don't know a single person that does....).

Oh well it ain't that important, their updates don't look like anything special and their legacy games aren't difficult to obtain elsewhere *shrugs*.

Rep:
Level 102
That's pretty lame, so you can't even really test anything lol.

Not that I need to get legacy games from them....... but I figured it might be fun none the less :P.

$40 for that, and that's US, that'd be like $80 here, Pay that for a full game lol, you'd think the console would come with *everything you need.....*, it's not like everyone has wireless nic's and such (I don't know a single person that does....).

Oh well it ain't that important, their updates don't look like anything special and their legacy games aren't difficult to obtain elsewhere *shrugs*.
Actually, most people do have a wireless network in their house, these days. Atleast everyone with internet. If any of your neighbors has a router, you could attempt to use that.

Rep:
Level 86
No one iv'e ever met has any form of wireless device...... and I mean any form of wireless device, no one I know has a Wii either lol.

Unless you count a TV Remote......