RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Is it okay?

Rep:
Level 90
I have game maker's block PM me with game ideas.
OK,i have a question about RMXP RTP tilesets.

Is it okay to make a complete game out of rtp tilesets?
Major Project : Cliche Cronicles
Total: [llllllllllllllllllll] 0%
Story: [llllllllllllllllllll] 0%
Resources: [llllllllllllllllllll] 0%
Script: [llllllllllllllllllll] 0%
Voice Overs: [llllllllllllllllllll] 0%

Currently: Planning

Rep:
Level 90
Stupid question.
I dont care what anyone says there is NOTHING wrong with the RTP graphics in XP!

A game made up of nothing but RTP tilesets wouldn't exactly be crap..

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 King of RMRK2013 Best Musician2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Funniest MemberFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Funniest Member2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2010 Most Missed Member
For RMXP yes. There aren't too many tilesets out there anyway. As far as 2k or 2k3, it's usually frowned upon, but if you do it correctly, then it can look fairly decent.
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 89
However I do think Enterbrain! has some policy regarding public distribution of games in use of RTP graphics...not really sure. Might be copyright infringement or something.

I'll look to see if I can find it.

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 King of RMRK2013 Best Musician2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Funniest MemberFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Funniest Member2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2010 Most Missed Member
You aren't supposed to distribute games for profit without purchasing a license from them. Otherwise it's ok.
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 89
Isn't that restriction for both non and purchased licenses? I was speaking of the RTP graphics in general because it is their own work and therefore copyright. I could of sworn I saw a post about this on rmxp.net

I do it all the time.Just because i cant find out what to do with after you put in the tileset.Like i dont get those Number things.
So i do it all the time.Especially in XP

Rep:
Level 89
Here is that link regarding distribution and copyright for EB!

http://www.rmxp.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=37432

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
seeing as when you download someones game you can nick all the resources out of it which is why im using all the rtp graphics

Rep:
Level 90
I have game maker's block PM me with game ideas.
ok,thanks guys
Major Project : Cliche Cronicles
Total: [llllllllllllllllllll] 0%
Story: [llllllllllllllllllll] 0%
Resources: [llllllllllllllllllll] 0%
Script: [llllllllllllllllllll] 0%
Voice Overs: [llllllllllllllllllll] 0%

Currently: Planning

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
It'll probly be too late to say this. It's perfectly fine you use RTP Tile sets.  If your okay with maping I doubt any ones really going to care. I certainly don't care if poeple use Rtp Resouces, I may be the only one who thinks this but theres alot of RTP charsets that I think are good for npcs.

Full Metal Mod - He will pillage your women!
Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
Not to mention when you bought a license for the program, you also bought certain rights pertaining to the rtp, meaning -

While you can't wave them around and say the rtp is your own work, Enterbrain couldn't give a rodents rear-end whether or not you sell a game using the rtp. You are allowed to, it says so.
"The wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is Tiggers are wonderful things
Their tops are made out of rubber
Their bottoms are made out of springs

They’re bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy
Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!
But the most wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is I’m the only one, I’m the only one."

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
Quote from: thatsmypie
Stupid question.
I dont care what anyone says there is NOTHING wrong with the RTP graphics in XP!

A game made up of nothing but RTP tilesets wouldn't exactly be crap..

i agree with you pie...thats what im using lol
Silence is Golden.
Duct Tape is Silver.....

..............SHAZZAM!!!!>>>>>>>I AM YOUR MASTER OF COMMAND>>>>>HAHAhahAHAHHAAHAHh only jokin'

completion: 8% (i think lol)
DEMO: http://files.filefront.com/Hero2exe/;4883008;;/fileinfo.html

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
Personally I say its more fun to make all the chips yourself.
But only if its worth it.

Thats what im doing now.. :p I ll post a charset tommorrow with all the male civilians I made for my game...

I try to make a new face / suit for every guy who walks ingame so I dont have double chars

Supervisor... For the real small things... and the finest stuff...
www.rpgs.nl
Woodcutting Xtreme: 94% Stuck on Error