RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Has Video Games fallen to the bottom of the barrel?

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer
It seems that in every topic, fanboying starts bursting out, no matter what the topic. 98% are Wii fanboys, the other 2% are Xbox and PS3.  Really, you guys seem to be arguing WAY too much over something you all know the answer to.

1:"Yeah, so what do you guys think of MGS4?"

2:"Can't wait"

3:"Phh, the PS3 sucks anyway. Wii rocks."

1;"I was just asking on how you guys think of MGS."

3:"So? The PS3 sucks, that's that."

2:"I hope Snake doesn't die."

3:"What is so great about the PS3 anyway? Bad sales, shitty graphics, too pricey."

1:"Uhh, MSG here folks."

4:"Ya, but teh 360 bets u all out."

3:"Fuck the 360, nobody likes the games, too many first person shooters, the Wii is still better."

2:"Hey, I like the 360, so what?"

3:"So What?! You wasted your money, none of the games on there are fun. We have Super Paper Mario, Metroid Prime 3 and Super Smash Brothers Brawl."

2:"Well we have Gears of War, Bioshock, Rainbow Six Vegas, Guitar Hero 2, Prey, and tons more."

3:"Phh, nobody plays Gears of War anymore, it wasn't fun, Bioshock is still gay, never cared for Rainbow Six, We have Guitar Hero and Prey sucks."

1:"Hey! MGS still here!"

3:"Screw Metal Gear Solid!"

1:"Well, the PS3 has Devil May Cry, Lair, Resistance, Resident Evil 5, and even more."

3:"So what? Almost all those games are getting ported out anyway."

5:"C'mon, the Wii is the best!"

3:"Yeah! When all the games finally come out for the Wii, they will be awesome!"

2:"But there alot of great games for the 360 that are OUT now and people get to PLAY them, not watch the same demos over and over again and eat up news like scraps."

3:"Patience is a virtue, asshole."

It is shit like this that makes me wonder why people will just start this up in every topic, I have seen it tons of times. D:< Really, every god damn console has it's ups and downs, the Wii isn't perfect, they are taking too long on the games, the wiimote is sometimes jerky and unresponsive, NOT EVERY GAME IS JUST SO FUCKING FUN TO PLAY THAT IT MAKES YOUR SOUL SMILE, the PS3 is falling so far behind, they have only sold 4 million, when Wii and 360 are at what, 11 or 12 million? There are no "stand out games" for the console worth playing right now, AND IT COSTS A FUCKING HOUSE MORTGAGE TO BUY. The 360 does have great games out, yet THIS HARDWARE SHIT IS PISSING ME THE HELL OFF. The marketplace costs a fortune to get ANYTHING, Microsoft won't get off their ass and fix shit, and they are making too many different styles of them.

There. Can't we all just settle down on this forum for a while? It is getting REALLY bad on this zealous style of fanboying.
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer
EXAMPLES

Why dont you get it.  PS3 HASN'T got more money than Wii.

If you don't know the facts, don't bother debating, it just makes you look like an idiot.

And yeah, PS3 is getting beat by the 360 and the Wii, the only reason Sony is doing alright is because of the PS2 sales.

Lern 2 Spel.  Halo 3 is a shitty fanboy game, most of the fanboys already have a 360, so it wont influence other people to buy them as much as you would think.

But, Red Steel could have been SO much better, no? I guess it was because it was a launch. Red Steel 2?

Microsoft fanboys are the worst  :P
Venom your a faggot.
To me, you sound like the biggest fanboy here, so I suggest you be quiet.

Uhh...I was sorta just listing the games that haven't come out yet.

I wasn't bashing the 360, just saying the Wii has a better game lineup than the 360 (and PS3).

Nintendo has some of the best developers out there, they make games so impressive, but Microsoft has some of the best programmers, making them look incredibly realistic and powerful.

You prefer graphics over gameplay?  :P

Bad: The Wiimote isn't very great on most games, and some of the games are trying too hard to be totally fun, making most of them very short.

I can sorta agree with that, I've played some games with controls that don't work too well, we need more Retro Studios, Segas, and, well, of course, Nintendo. (By that, I mean, people need to learn off them, and improve the controls)

Geometry Wars for the Wii is a new game, it's not a Wiimake.

I originally wanted a Wii, and after two months of looking for one I gave up and got a 360. : \ I'm glad I did get it, but I would like a Wii, cause the 360 is for when I don't feel like standing for a game and the 360 is going to have RE5, that was enough.

RE5...it looks pretty good...
360: RE5, CoD4, Blue Dragon, Haze, Too Human...
Wii: Smash Bros, Batallion Wars, Fire Emblem, Disaster: Day of Crisis, Project Hammer, Mario Kart, Pikmin, Animal Crossing, Harvest Moon, The Sims, NiGHTS, Red Steel 2, Rayman, Tales of Symphonia, Endless Ocean, No More Heroes, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, Zack & Wiki, Geometry Wars, Metroid Prime 3, Indianapolis 500 Legends, Super Mario Galaxy, MySims, WiiFit, Dragon Blade, DDR Hottest Party, Dragon Quest, Wii Music Orchestra, Trauma Center: New Blood....

*Clears throat*

Fuck Nintendo.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2007, 12:24:42 AM by EVAProject01 »

Rep:
Level 98
Have I proved my point yet?

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
The problem has been resolved. See stickied thread.

Absolutely the one chosen by fadark
Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
Not even a little, most of what you have said has disproved your entire point.   Is it fanyboyism to correct someone and tell them it is a known fact Wii has made more money in sales than the PS3?  Well, if it is, I guess I am a fanboy to the max.  I even said how games with majority of fanboy fans are usually ridiculously over rated, and my point is still valid.  Arrow 1 was talking about how I made a spelling error, I corrected it, OOH WHAT A FANBOY.  The only truly hardcore fanboy statement I see is Popwar bunny's, but they are entitled to their own opinion, as am I.

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
seeing as I have all of the affordable consoles, and love my wii as much as my 360, (or until I stop buying 360 games to buy a wii game) all my comments are directed towards fanboys. Not hate towards systems.

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
While I disagree with the validity of several of the quotes mentioned as actuall arguing points, as they were posted in a thread specifically for the debate (as it became) of "next-gen" (really current generation) consoles, I still agree that the discussion turning from the actual game to a debate over supremacy is a big problem, as posters often seem to feel the need to compare the game being discussed with a "better" game or a "better" version of the same game on the console that is "better", or even as worthless as a point as pointing out the (possibly) lacking graphical capabilities of a certain console or game, by itself or compared to another game or console.

I don't think console comparison needs to stop, it just needs to stay the fuck out of threads it doesn't belong in, namely, anything not devoted to the debate of consoles (or PCs). 

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
I was gonna ask why the hell I was in there, but biohazard already asked. :D

I've been anti-fanboy from day one, guy.

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
Re: Has Video Games fallen to the bottom of the barrel?
No, but your grammar sure has!

ZAPPED!

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 96
But seriously, so people have their own preferences and opinions. No need to get all bent out of shape over them, especially over the internet.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
I think it's ludicrous that there's a war going on between three pieces of plastics
it's like arguing religion, there's no way to prove to ANYONE that any of them are the best.

they all have their own games, in the Wii's case, it's own gameplay quirks.
there's something to be had from all of them and if I had the money, I'd have them all ^_^

I just have one last thing to say
the only console in my dorm is my old N64
DO A BARREL ROLL!

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant
I think it's ludicrous that there's a war going on between three pieces of plastics
it's like arguing religion, there's no way to prove to ANYONE that any of them are the best.

there's something to be had from all of them and if I had the money, I'd have them all ^_^

DO A BARREL ROLL!

Agreed

Rep:
Level 88
wrath of winter

DO A BARREL ROLL!

yes it is ridiculous, but it gives me something to do at work :P

Although I will argue for Wii, I don't endorse it as the one-and-only console.  People are entitled to their opinions, but it seems to be getting out of hand to the point of (for lack of a better word) "converting" others to consoles just because of popularity or some hot game.  I don't mean "converting", though, I'm just mentally hazed from college..

okay the basic point of my wording is: yes, it's gone out of hand trying to convince others that some piece of plastic and wiring is better just cuz of sales or some new game that's gonna get replaced in the next few years by something else.  And like NAMKOR I'd get 'em all if I could, my preference is Nintendo but I'd get the others anyway.

Want a personal sig like this? Ask Firerain:
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,20203.0.html

Rep:
Level 98
Sorry about that Arrow and Biohazard, those quotes must have slipped past me, after reading them over you two are right.

Rep:
Level 89
Let's attack agressively.

DO A BARREL ROLL!

I still have my N64, fully alive and still play it.

Rep:
Level 98
I play my 64 on occasion, when I am feeling like getting a little bit back to my roots. More over I play my SNES than any older console.

Rep:
Level 96
We play Smash Bros. and Mario Kart here like weekly. :)

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
We play Smash Bros. and Mario Kart here like weekly. :)

hells yeah arlen ^_^

I've only got Starfox 64 and Mario Tennis, but I'm gna be looking for those two among others

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
Sorry about that Arrow and Biohazard, those quotes must have slipped past me, after reading them over you two are right.

No biggie. :D

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
I hate seeing people discuss on another console because of the simple fact that i don't have one.

NEED MOAR PC.
Arlen is hot.

I'm the mother-fucking muffin KING, bitch.
Rep:
Level 88
Fuck You.
To be honest, call me old fashioned but i liek the games on the systems.

Like is it impossible to say, I like MGS4, and Mario kart?

a href="http://www.justsayhi.com/bb/fight5" style="display: block; background: url(http://assets.justsayhi.com/badges/415/366/fight5.sxycnp87hy.jpg) no-repeat; width: 296px; height: 84px; font-family: Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 42px; color: #fff; text-decoration: none; text-align: center; padding-top: 145px;">25</a><p><small>Meet <a href="http://www.justsayhi.com/states/151/new-hampshire">New Hampshire Singles</a></small></p