RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Next-Gen Console Discussion Thread

Absolutely the one chosen by fadark
Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
Why dont you get it.  PS3 HASN'T got more money than Wii.

Revolution is not a bed of roses.
Rep:
Level 91
Project of the Month winner for July 2009
If you don't know the facts, don't bother debating, it just makes you look like an idiot.

And yeah, PS3 is getting beat by the 360 and the Wii, the only reason Sony is doing alright is because of the PS2 sales.

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
ITT: Faggots unable to tell the difference between lose and loose.

Lose: "You lose" "Did you lose weight?"

Loose: "Your vagina is loose" "Your vagina is loose"

It isn't that hard.

"Your vagina is loose"

ANDAND

Microsoft's continued claims that their Xbox business will become profitable are looking to be on more and more shaky ground, as the Xbox division has made yet another massive loss. In their full year earnings report (for the fiscal year ended June 30 2007), Microsoft's 'Entertainment and Devices Division', which oversees the Xbox products, is listed as having lost another US$1.892 billion.

This figure includes their fourth quarter write-off of US$1.057 billion to cover the recently announced warranty extension program for faulty Xbox 360 systems, which knocked a 25% chunk out of the software giant's overall profits of around US$3 billion for the fourth quarter. Apart from the US$1.057 billion dollar write off, the Xbox division lost US$835,000,000. Given the strong software sales for the platform, this figure shows that Microsoft must still be taking heavy losses on their hardware, despite rumours that their hardware sales had become profitable.

According to Microsoft's financial statements, the Xbox division has lost US$6.795 billion since the launch of the original Xbox in 2001. So far the Xbox 360 is losing significantly more money year-on-year then the original machine, as the division has recorded a loss of $3.058 billion since October 2005, the month before the launch of the Xbox 360. Most reasonable estimates based on the available sales data conclude that around 9.5 million Xbox 360 consoles have been sold through to consumers of the 11.6 million Microsoft have shipped, so these losses equate to US$321 lost per Xbox 360 console sold.

Sony and Nintendo have yet to release their earnings reports for the quarter, but for the full year of March 2006 to March 2007, Sony's gaming division SCEI made a net loss of US$1.969 billion, and Nintendo made a net profit of US$1.489 billion.

From a gaming site I go to. The person who posted this quoted it from somewhere else so I'm not sure where it came from.

Nintendo makes money from every Wii they sell (first console in history to do this, maybe? I'm not sure).

Sony DOES NOT make money from every PS3 they sell. In fact, they lose a fair bit of money. Just so you know, most companies (pretty much all companies) do not make money from consoles. They make their money from Software.

Yeah, learn stuff plz.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2007, 12:45:10 PM by chewey »

Rep:
Level 89
No Cake For you!
Im tired of these fucking discussions please just stop making these topics because it starts to become a flame fest with fanboys :nono:

I'm the mother-fucking muffin KING, bitch.
Rep:
Level 88
Fuck You.
Flame fest, i just think shadowdude said one the dumbest things ever, Your in the video game area of the site, How do you not know about metroid or smash, like you'd have to be illiterate, or blind.

a href="http://www.justsayhi.com/bb/fight5" style="display: block; background: url(http://assets.justsayhi.com/badges/415/366/fight5.sxycnp87hy.jpg) no-repeat; width: 296px; height: 84px; font-family: Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 42px; color: #fff; text-decoration: none; text-align: center; padding-top: 145px;">25</a><p><small>Meet <a href="http://www.justsayhi.com/states/151/new-hampshire">New Hampshire Singles</a></small></p

Rep:
Level 88
I AM THAT IS.
Nice pic Venom  ;8

All the consoles expect the Wii have had a rough start and it still plaques them till this very day. 360's bug issues and PS3's premature release. But these problems will easily be solved. 360 has already released newer models with the bug issue. 360 is in second place without the release of Halo 3. Image the change of tide when Halo 3 is released! Wii gots no chance!

Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
Lern 2 Spel.  Halo 3 is a shitty fanboy game, most of the fanboys already have a 360, so it wont influence other people to buy them as much as you would think.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
If you don't know the facts, don't bother debating, it just makes you look like an idiot.

And yeah, PS3 is getting beat by the 360 and the Wii, the only reason Sony is doing alright is because of the PS2 sales.
The reason Sony is doing alright, is because they are an electronics company. They make Televisions, DVD players, computers, radios, CD players, speakers, and other tons of stuff they make money off of every single day.

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
Why dont you get it.  PS3 HASN'T got more money than Wii.

I beleive he's talking about how all Nintendo has going for it is the GameCube, DS and Wii, wheras Sony has the PS2, PS3, PSP, laptops, hi-fis, HDTVs, cameras and so on. Plus they make various chipsets and etc that are used in various other electronics equipment made by other manufacturers. Nintendo used to use Sony sound module chips in their consoles.

[edit] I left this thread open for hours and ^ posted, still posted mine anyway
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 89
No Cake For you!
the wii is more of a gimmick , ps3 has awesome graphics, and xbox 360 can ignite

Not to say there horrible systems i happen to feel bias towards all but some people can be ignorant.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
the wii is more of a gimmick , ps3 has awesome graphics, and xbox 360 can ignite

Not to say there horrible systems i happen to feel bias towards all but some people can be ignorant.

The Wii isn't a gimmick. It's a video game console with controls that you aren't used to. Change is good. If everything stayed the same, nothing would advance, and if nothing advanced, we would be stuck in the stone age. The Wii can hold your attention longer than playing games in the same style that you've had for almost fifty years. If a flying car was created, that saves gas, and gets you to your destination faster, but it controlled different, would you call it a gimmick? The Wii can give you more satisfaction than the other consoles, but it controls a bit different. Hell, it's like adding a new button, or a new analog stick, only you move your hand, rather than your finger. What about when the analog stick was introduced? No one had ever seen or used it before, but it made the gameplay allot better. Could you imagine playing todays games without the analog stick?

Rep:
Level 88
I AM THAT IS.
The Wii might have a "unique" control scheme but it lacks graphics, sound, quality, and games. If the Wii participated in the silicon warfare (better graphics, better ram, etc) Wii would be number 1 for sure! A vibrating rod can amuse only for awhile. ;D

Rep:
Level 88
Fuck You.

The Wii isn't a gimmick. It's a video game console with controls that you aren't used to. Change is good. If everything stayed the same, nothing would advance, and if nothing advanced, we would be stuck in the stone age. The Wii can hold your attention longer than playing games in the same style that you've had for almost fifty years. If a flying car was created, that saves gas, and gets you to your destination faster, but it controlled different, would you call it a gimmick? The Wii can give you more satisfaction than the other consoles, but it controls a bit different. Hell, it's like adding a new button, or a new analog stick, only you move your hand, rather than your finger. What about when the analog stick was introduced? No one had ever seen or used it before, but it made the gameplay allot better. Could you imagine playing todays games without the analog stick?

Agree'd, but i do like the D-Pad, and touch screen is sorta a hassle when its over used, thats bringing DS back into this.

a href="http://www.justsayhi.com/bb/fight5" style="display: block; background: url(http://assets.justsayhi.com/badges/415/366/fight5.sxycnp87hy.jpg) no-repeat; width: 296px; height: 84px; font-family: Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 42px; color: #fff; text-decoration: none; text-align: center; padding-top: 145px;">25</a><p><small>Meet <a href="http://www.justsayhi.com/states/151/new-hampshire">New Hampshire Singles</a></small></p

Rep:
Level 88
I AM THAT IS.
Lots of games are better with the traditional controller than the Wii remote, especially sports games.

Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
I don't believe it.  A game is more immersing with the Wii Mote.

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer
I don't believe it.  A game is more immersing with the Wii Mote.

I think your right, but I can't see the Wii mote with every game. Yeah, some turn it sideways but I miss the feel of a whole controller in my hand.
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Rep:
Level 102
Lots of games are better with the traditional controller than the Wii remote, especially sports games.
Really? Sports games are allot better with the Wii remote and Nunchuck. I don't think you've ever played any.

You zetta sons of digits.
Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE

I love you ignite function  ;8

And at the moment i am only going to get a 360, i already have a wii, but the debate's are endless, motion sensor, graphics and a bonfire, it will never end.

Rep:
Level 88
Fuck You.
Really? Sports games are allot better with the Wii remote and Nunchuck. I don't think you've ever played any.

I havn't but from what i've learned from metroid, fps is way better.

Rep:
Level 88
I AM THAT IS.
Yeah, I think the remote is better for boxing, baseball, and fps only.

Rep:
Level 102
Yeah, I think the remote is better for boxing, baseball, and fps only.
More like:
Better for tennis, bowling, baseball, boxing, football, basketball, first person shooters, third person shooters, roll playling games, platformers, side scrollers, adventure games, wrestling games, racing games, mini games, menu screens, typing messages, internet browsing, and a whole lot more. If you're acting like that, you haven't even fucking touched a Wii. You need to stop being a fucking Wii hater, and start seeing things from a all around gamer's prospective. NOT from a fanboy's prospective. Every point you have made about the Wii has been invalid. You give no reasons or explanations, you just say something and hope we agree with you.

Fuck.

Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
Irock, you definitely do rock.  Oneray, go play some more Wii.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
Irock, you definitely do rock.  Oneray, go play some more Wii.

Rep:
Level 88
I AM THAT IS.
I don't think my rep can take anymore damage... :tpg:

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer
I never get rep for doing good things. Makes me look evil. D: But atleast I don't usually get bad rep.
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep