RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Next-Gen Console Discussion Thread

Rep:
Level 88
I AM THAT IS.
Wii has dominated the sales charts for a year now for its impressive sales. But will it stay like that? The 360 is coming out with its Halo 3 in a matter weeks and have finally upgraded their consoles to fix that that annoying bug. The PS3 is taking heavy blows but is coming back steadily with anticipated games like Kill Zone 2 and FF13 (yeah). Will the Wii still be able to compete with its lackluster graphics, reduced content and quality, and unique control scheme? DISCUSS!

This topic is the place for discussing the next-gen consoles. Any discussion in other threads regarding next-gen console debate will be deleted. ~Zypher
« Last Edit: September 05, 2007, 11:59:28 PM by Zypher »

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll
What's there to discuss? Only time will tell.

Revolution is not a bed of roses.
Rep:
Level 91
Project of the Month winner for July 2009
Yeah, the Wii's screwed, it has no big guns.

SUPER SMASH BROS BRAWL DUMBASS.

The Wii has their own big gun, they should be fine, but only time will tell.

I'm the mother-fucking muffin KING, bitch.
Rep:
Level 88
Fuck You.
Wii has disapointed me on a personal level. Too many CGI movies, too many shitty mini--games. THeres like 5 games out now at most i would buy.

Metroid Prime 3

Zelda Twilight Princess

Super Paper Mario

Trauma Center

Tanks in wii play.

a href="http://www.justsayhi.com/bb/fight5" style="display: block; background: url(http://assets.justsayhi.com/badges/415/366/fight5.sxycnp87hy.jpg) no-repeat; width: 296px; height: 84px; font-family: Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 42px; color: #fff; text-decoration: none; text-align: center; padding-top: 145px;">25</a><p><small>Meet <a href="http://www.justsayhi.com/states/151/new-hampshire">New Hampshire Singles</a></small></p

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member
I doubt it. Sure, the eventual good game, but Halo 3 and Bioshock are going to tide people over until Silent Hill 5, Devil May Cry 4 and RE 5, and I knew when I had my Gamecube, Resident Evil 4 held me over until the end of the console generation.

EDIT: IN b4 SIRJACKREX
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
Wii has more big titles coming out for it than Xbox 360 or PS3.

I'll be surprised if Wii doesn't stay on top.

Rep:
Level 88
Fuck You.

Wii isn't on top.

a href="http://www.justsayhi.com/bb/fight5" style="display: block; background: url(http://assets.justsayhi.com/badges/415/366/fight5.sxycnp87hy.jpg) no-repeat; width: 296px; height: 84px; font-family: Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 42px; color: #fff; text-decoration: none; text-align: center; padding-top: 145px;">25</a><p><small>Meet <a href="http://www.justsayhi.com/states/151/new-hampshire">New Hampshire Singles</a></small></p

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll

Wii isn't on top.
Actually, the Wii is on top of sales.

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
I doubt it. Sure, the eventual good game, but Halo 3 and Bioshock are going to tide people over until Silent Hill 5, Devil May Cry 4 and RE 5, and I knew when I had my Gamecube, Resident Evil 4 held me over until the end of the console generation.

EDIT: IN b4 SIRJACKREX
How the fuck does Halo 3 and Bioshock tide people over. Thats like saying Brawl will tide people over for other okay games that really only come out so the two or three fans will be happy.

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
Also, the PS3 and PC will have Unreal Tournament 3, as well as the aforementioned and the 360 having Call of Duty 4 (and the DS, lol)

the supporters of the Wii will still support it, although I doubt that with these games it will stay on the top of sales.

Rep:
Level 88
Fuck You.
Wii needs to step up, and stop letting itself get used by shitty third-party companies, hired by CGI movie developers, who make minigames that have nothing to do with the movies.  And Actually make some GOOD games, like zelda and metroid and galaxy, hopefully.

Rep:
Level 89
Wii has dominated the sales charts for a year now for its impressive sales. 

The Wii dominated untill the PS3 came out. The PS3 has made more money than the Wii has in a shorter time, so the PS3 is on top. Not the Wii. It has also sold more.

The Wii has the new smash bros, if they make it so you have to use a joypad and not the remote to play then it will be good, if not then i dont really see any way of it being any good. Im just waitin for metroid to come out.

Rep:
Level 102

The Wii dominated untill the PS3 came out. The PS3 has made more money than the Wii has in a shorter time, so the PS3 is on top. Not the Wii. It has also sold more.

The Wii has the new smash bros, if they make it so you have to use a joypad and not the remote to play then it will be good, if not then i dont really see any way of it being any good. Im just waitin for metroid to come out.

http://www.vgchartz.com/
lol

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero

LOL wut?

Revolution is not a bed of roses.
Rep:
Level 91
Project of the Month winner for July 2009
Haha. Isn't Sony loosing money on each PS3?

Shadowdude, in one post you've managed to loose all the respect I had for you.

Absolutely the one chosen by fadark
Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
Wow, shadowdude's an idiot.

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member

Quote from: Wikipedia, the only bringer of Truth
4.28 million as of June 30, 2007

That are the PS3 sales.

to Q2 2007 11.6 million units

360 Sales

Total    10.7 million+

Wii sales.

Wikipedia doesn't lie.
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Rep:
Level 88
Fuck You.

Where to begin, for starters, Theres an area on here called Video Games. GO THERE because, metroid is already out, also if you would go bother to open up your eyes and go into the super smash bros. thread, or if you knew about GOOGLE, you would know that in Super Smash Bros. they enabled all 4 types of control. http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/gamemode/various/various01.html . So please, before you say shit, make sure your living in the same year as us.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2007, 01:36:23 AM by The.Muffin.King »

Absolutely the one chosen by fadark
Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
Wii is only going to get better when they bring out the bing guns.  MP3 is amazing, LoZTP is great, SSBB will be the best fighter ever, and so many good games are coming out.  Enjoy bioshock and GoW.

Rep:
Level 88
Keep on Baggin'
I predict Nintendo will be so successful they'll have the time and money to focus on what they truly want to make: reincarnations of every Mario sports game ever made.  I personally can't wait until Mario Hoops 3 on 3: Miami
Some friends mend.  Some friends depend.  Some friends lend.  Some friends send.  Friend.

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best Musician2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
:tinysmile:

You zetta sons of digits.
Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE

I only agree with one, the PS3 made more money due to the fact that it costs the same as 3 wii's =/  and the games costing the same as 2 wii ones.

Rep:
Level 102

I only agree with one, the PS3 made more money due to the fact that it costs the same as 3 wii's =/  and the games costing the same as 2 wii ones.
Really? Sony is loosing money for each PS3 sold. It costs about $800 USD to make, and is selling for $500 USD.

Rep:
Level 89
Im from england, and as far as i know it aint out over here, besides i didnt feel like looking at the smash bros thread.

Haha. Isn't Sony loosing money on each PS3?

Shadowdude, in one post you've managed to loose all the respect I had for you.

Oh well.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2007, 10:56:38 AM by shadowdude »