RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Demo available] SuperPhillip RPG: The Crystal Quest

Rep:
Level 87
Story:
Spoiler for:
SuperPhillip is a hero around the small mountainside community of Mabel. In fact, he isn't just a hero-- he's a superhero! He's battled the crafty concoctions of Dr. Christian for the sake of the town. However, his next challenge is far greater than some eccentric scientist, and it's one challenge that has more to stake than a small village, too! The only way to combat an alien force looming towards the planet Earth is to retrieve ten magical crystals-- each empowered with one element of the world. Is SuperPhillip up to saving the world? That is up to you... the player.

Characters:
Spoiler for:
Maybe later. :P

Screenshots:
Spoiler for:

No grammar much?

The town of Mabel

The kingdom of Garaland

Officer Ridley reporting for duty!

The world map thus far.

A full-sized view of Mabel

A look at the trading and industrial town of Dorter

The kingdom city of Garaland

The gambling paradise of Starlight

The lobby of Dr. Christian's Lab

The rugged mountainside of Mt. Mabel

The mysterious Olive Woods

Various Battle Screens:

Screenshot Update 9/1:

Spoiler for:

DEMO!

« Last Edit: July 03, 2008, 08:45:12 PM by Sigma »

Rep:
Level 87
Demo will be up Monday evening at the earliest.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Good to hear. I will be waiting for the demo. It's been a while since I played a 2k3 game.

Rep:
Level 87
The download will be fairly large as I've used mp3s. I originally had MIDI, but I felt like it made the game way too cheap despite all the effort around the interesting (at least I think so) gameplay and story.

The demo will actually be up later this evening. I'll post again when it is ready.  ;8

Rep:
Level 87
The demo is up, and you should have everything you need to start. Ignore my save states as that was for my purpose.

Rep:
Level 87
All right. Everything is good to go. I will be posting updates weekly so you guys will know if I'm slacking off or not!  ::)

Communication begins with understanding
Rep:
Level 89
Project of the Month winner for October 2007
The main characters battler looks cool, but the main characters character set looks awefull. No outlines or shadows on him makes him look like splatted colours.

Im not a fan fo rm2k3, so we will see if I download this.

Rep:
Level 87
The main characters battler looks cool, but the main characters character set looks awefull. No outlines or shadows on him makes him look like splatted colours.

Im not a fan fo rm2k3, so we will see if I download this.

Yeah, Charas isn't always the best.

Rep:
Level 87
Two new screens have been posted.

Rep:
Level 91
for a second there i though mr. super here was Mario o_O
but anyways, I'm glad to see a game made NOT from rmxp

good luck

Rep:
Level 87
for a second there i though mr. super here was Mario o_O
but anyways, I'm glad to see a game made NOT from rmxp

good luck

Yeah, I REALLY need a new character sprite for the hero. haha

Thanks for your comments.

Rep:
Level 87
I have a new sprite made for SuperPhillip:

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
The new sprite is much better than the old one. I like it.

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
Same here.

I didn't read the story, BUT, this looks original and great.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
Remind me to download and test this in a couple days when I've finished downloading the sims.

Rep:
Level 85
I recognize it from charas. Looks okey, but your chipsets clash.