RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
2 mapping problems

Rep:
Level 87
Here is a part of my map in the editor:

and here is what it looks like in-game:

I've figured the problem with the tree is that those particular branches have a higher priority than the cliff edges.  Is there any way, apart from placing the cliff edges as events, to get this to display properly (obviously I don't want to go and change the priorities on any of the tiles).

The spot the character is standing is also as far as he can go in that direction.  Even going in closer to the cliff, he cannot go any further.  There's nothing, on any layers, that's impassable or that has direction set that would stop him passing.  So I suspect it may have something to do with that log.  Any ideas?
Always remember you're unique.
Just like everybody else.

Rep:
Level 86
Ok it could be that the Tree Has Higher SUff So go To DataBase then go to tilesets then go to snow town i think its snow town then At the right click Priority Then Change That part of the Tree To . or change the Mountain To *5 click the Thing to change it i think that should do it

One of the best rpg maker xp games ever!Try it out!
http://www.quintessence-tbv.com

Rep:
Level 87
thought about both of those ideas, but changing priorities in the database would change ALL the trees, or ALL the cliff edges, and very likely make others on the map stop working properly.  I've overcome the problem THIS time simply by moving the tree so the lower priority tiles are behind the cliff, and it's worked, but that means I'm limited in where I can put them.

Think I'll have to either learn to live with the limitation, or mod the tileset to have several trees, all with different levels of priority. 

Thanks for the suggestion.

Rep:
Level 86
ye but you also could export the snow thing into paint and copy and paste so you could have to of the same trees so you could put it there

One of the best rpg maker xp games ever!Try it out!
http://www.quintessence-tbv.com

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant
Redraw the cliff on a higher layer.

Rep:
Level 87
it's already on a higher layer.  Tree is on middle layer, cliff is on top layer.  Only thing higher is event layer.  Can experiment with it I guess...

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
The cliff is on a higher layer, the problem is the priorities. The way I fix it is to have two versions of each cliff edge, one with high-priority and one with low priority.

Rep:
Level 87
lol - and here I was thinking I'd need 2 or more versions of the tree!  Never thought of the cliffs for a second!  That'd be much easier - thanks.

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
I use MA's way all the time. ;D
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Rep:
Level 86
i dnt no but the map look cool
Bleach is bangin