RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Posting Blizzard's scripts

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Oh no, dude, I wasn't feeling attacked, I'm just saying, I agreed 100% with what she had to say. If people will use cracks for things like Windowblinds and Photoshop, then what right do they have to say its more important that they protect their friend's stuff based on that reason alone is all I'm saying. Let he who is not a pirate fire the first cannonball.

You pirate stuff, but if somebody you knew or a friend had something stolen from them, you'd support it?

Duh it's hypocritical that they were deleted. Blizzard's (was) an rmrk member ;o

Anyway, I'm sure if adobe asked me to stop you guys sharing photoshop here I would =p

I hold this opinion. I actually don't pirate anything (except TV when I miss it, and I guess watching those movies Roph posted counts too), but I generally have no problem with it. If, however, it is hurting somebody I know or even just respect, then I will act on his behalf and try to get it taken down. Also, in cases where pirating is doing significant damage (I always used to get angry at my friends for pirating Arrested Development instead of watching it on TV). Call it hypocrisy if you like. I don't care. I also didn't like the fact that keeping those scripts up made RMRK look pathetic and unable to survive without Blizzard's scripts on the forum.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
Well, here's a small opinion of mine on pirating.

I have no problems buying software that is reasonably priced, but when programs like photoshop, dreamweaver, etc are priced at hundreds of dollars, who can expect someone not to save hundreds of dollars? Programs like RMXP which are only $60, which is much more reasonably priced, make sense to buy. But fuck you adobe, I'm not going to pay $300 for your crap.

Rep +
Also, you do make a great point about Blizz and his scripts.

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
I would like to think if anyone on here saw my resources being posted up on other sites you guys would let me know if I wasn't the poster of them... Especially if I wasn't credited...

We are a Community...

I would do that for any of you guys... And I did for Blizzard, I PM'ed in within an hour of them going up on here, then I tried my best to get them taken down on here...

Silverline I think has worded how I feel to the letter...!!!

My RMRK Wikki:- http://wiki.rmrk.net/index.php/Landofshadows
Make a Donation for my Resource making:- https://www.paypal.me/landofshadows

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
You pirate stuff, but if somebody you knew or a friend had something stolen from them, you'd support it?

Duh it's hypocritical that they were deleted. Blizzard's (was) an rmrk member ;o

Anyway, I'm sure if adobe asked me to stop you guys sharing photoshop here I would =p

A) If they weren't incurring any kind of financial harm, and they still had the original copy of said item, in unchanged form, then yeah. Depends on what it IS though, y'know?

B) If that was the basis of your decision, then I understand completely. I wasn't about to argue against you for it anyhow, but hey, now I'm completely filled in.

C) Er, yeah. It's Adobe. They're friggin' huge.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Yeah. They're not going to care about a silly 4,000 people getting free Photoshop. :\ Anyways, I guess we all respect Silveroph/Dolphin's decision, rite?

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
While I do agree that it was a bad idea to post them here, I saw Saucy's point of view as well.  This was never really a question of whether or not it was "right" to keep them here, and the whole ordeal became a much bigger deal than was necessary. While it was against Blizzard's wishes, I felt the majority of the RPG-making community would benefit from such scripts. Therefore I used my mod powers to combine all the threads Anonymous had made into one large thread with Blizzard's name on it. I felt it was not within my bounds to delete the threads when two other moderators had differing opinions on the matter, so I rounded them up in order for the scripts to be more easily disposed of were Roph to decide on such an action.

As for the "moral" side of things, I disagree with Blizzard on the matter. I write music, and I would most certainly have no issue with people using any of my compositions so long as I was credited. For this reason I ensured Blizzard was credited for the scripts he made, and would hope anyone who pastes scripts (or any resources for that matter) here does the same. However, my thoughts are not Blizzard's, and now that he has made explicit requests to Roph himself that he does not want his scripts posted on RMRK, it's obvious that doing so would only fuel an unnecessary fire.

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
I never pay for anything I can get for free. But I also never really take credit or force people to credit me for the things I make. I believe in sharing with everyone. But I still think artists and creators should be allowed to limit and have some control over what is done with their work, so long as they aren't asking too much in exchange for it. It would be easier if people were generous like me!

Anyways, if people want blizzard's scripts they just have to go to his forums. If he doesn't want them anywhere else then that's up to him. It'd be incredibly rude to post them when he's made it known that he doesn't want them to be posted.

Revolution is not a bed of roses.
Rep:
Level 91
Project of the Month winner for July 2009
This whole "The RPG community benefits from Blizzard's scripts here" argument is stupid. You don't have to paste the script, just put a link to Blizzard's topic where the script is. The end result is the same, but rmrk and chaosproject are both happy in the end.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
True, but the real point I was trying to make to explain why I acted how I did was

I felt it was not within my bounds to delete the threads when two other moderators had differing opinions on the matter, so I rounded them up in order for the scripts to be more easily disposed of were Roph to decide on such an action.

Although I have power, it is only equal to that of DS and Arrow, so taking an action that they had outright disagreed with would be exercising more power than I am allowed.