RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Only buying one quantity of an item

Rep: +0/-0Level 86
Good morning. (Or afternoon, depending on your location.  ;))

I'd like to make a request for a shop script that would allow the player to buy only one of an item. (As an example, if you've played EQ2, a Lore item.) I need this because my game has the player buying a quest item. I don't want them to have more than one because of some event switches. I've seen the shop script for buying or selling only, but it doesn't include an option like this one (that I saw.) If someone could help me out, or direct me to a place that has one that I couldn't find, I would be very appreciative. :)

Thanks.
"If I was like everyone else, I would be bored."

Rep: +0/-0Level 86
That's an awesome script but . . . I'm an absolute moron when it comes to understanding how to program it. Can someone translate the instructions into laymen's terms?
"If I was like everyone else, I would be bored."

Revolution is not a bed of roses.
Rep:
Level 91
Project of the Month winner for July 2009
Could you not just use an event?

Conditional Branch + Reponse == Yes -> Remove Gold, give item, turn self switch on.