RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[RESOLVED] Party Members questions. [RMXP]

Rep: +0/-0Level 86
1. How can you make a party member join with level averaged with the other members' levels (Say member 1 is at level 5; and member 2 is at level 4; member 3 should join at level 5.) How?

2. How do I change who leads the party during the game? I mean, I want character 2 to lead for a bit but character 1 should still be in the party. How do I do this?

3. How do I heal the party, such as at an inn. Not quite related, but I need this too  ;).

4. In RPGs like FF7 and Super Mario RPG, when Party members are needed to be seen, they sorta walk out of the main character's body. Is there a way to repeat this in [RMXP]?
« Last Edit: August 19, 2007, 06:43:16 PM by Zeriab »

pokeball QigOffline
Rep:
Level 87
1. How can you make a party member join with level averaged with the other members' levels (Say member 1 is at level 5; and member 2 is at level 4; member 3 should join at level 5.) How?

2. How do I change who leads the party during the game? I mean, I want character 2 to lead for a bit but character 1 should still be in the party. How do I do this?

3. How do I heal the party, such as at an inn. Not quite related, but I need this too  ;).

4. In RPGs like FF7 and Super Mario RPG, when Party members are needed to be seen, they sorta walk out of the main character's body. Is there a way to repeat this in [RMXP]?

1: Set the levels of your party members in diffrent variables, then divide it by how many party members, add that to the party member that is joining, then subtract it by one.

2: A script

3: 3rd event page -> Recover all

4: I really dont know.
Working on world of sorrow again.

Ok, that kinda helps.

1. I don't have a very advanced knowledge of variables. Could someone please help me out with this one?

2. And where might I find this script? Again. I don't have advanced knowledge in scripting.

3. [Resolved]

4. Still need help with this.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member

Basically variables store numbers. You can set a variable to the level of a party member. Thus, take one variable and set it to your first party member's level, then add the second party member's level to that. Then divide by 2. In the case of the level 5, level 3 situation, this will give you 4. Then, go to the add levels event command. Notice it has an option for adding a variable. Since the hero is already level 1, you need to subtract 1 from your variable so now it is equal to 3. Then Change hero level and add that variable to it.

You need a script if you want the player to be able to switch it at his will. If it's just something temporary, and set by you, the game maker, all you need to do is remove the heroes from your party and add them back in in order. If you do want the script to allow the player to choose freely who leads the party, I wrote one here: http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,19978.0.html

You need to set blank events on the map, teleport them to hero position, then give them a graphic and have them move. At least, that's a suitable eventing way to do it.

« Last Edit: August 12, 2007, 03:33:04 AM by modern algebra »

You need a script if you want the player to be able to switch it at his will. If it's just something temporary, and set by you, the game maker, all you need to do is remove the heroes from your party and add them back in in order. If you do want the script to allow the player to choose freely who leads the party, I wrote one here: http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,19978.0.html

You need to set blank events on the map, teleport them to hero position, then give them a graphic and have them move. At least, that's a suitable eventing way to do it.

2. The rearrangement, temporary meaning for a single cutscene? I Want my main character (Her name is Alex) leader most of the time, except for: A quest, when character 2 is leader (as he is the prince of his troubled kingdom). Do I still need a script for that?

4. Ugh. It seems that all party members can't walk out of the leader at a time like that. Can someone help me out, with a script or something?

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member

It's permanent until you switch it back. The only thing you'd need a script for is if you want the player of the game to be able to switch through them at will.

Why can't they? You should make them Through Events.

I had never thought of checking it as through :-[. Anyway, thank you, all resolved.