RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
For real this time! The Futaiten: Book of Days demo!!

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
Guns don't kill people. Magic missiles do.
Da-dumm!!
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BWMDQMX6

*crosses fingers*
Pleasenomoreerrors, pleasenomoreerrors, pleasenomoreerrors...

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
Wups, I've just realized I forgot to delete the save files...

But it's no biggie.  You can save over them.

My bad. :^^:

Rep:
Level 90
downloading right now.....  omg i have a high speed connection and i am downloading this game at 4 k per sec.  what the crap....

Rep:
Level 90
well it would have been nice to know that it was rm03 becaus ei don't use rm03 i only use rpg xp sry.

It says that in her sig that it's RM2k3

Rep:
Level 91
but that doesn't mean you need it.
anyhow, about how long is the game?

Rep:
Level 91
Thanks For Coming
You should download rpg2003 anyway graywolf, alot of good RPGs are made on here, and Fuitaten: Book of Days is one of em, check it  8)

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
My goal was to make a game completely unlike anything previously believed possible using RM2k3.  So, it's got a real-time battle system and a unique conversation system, plus my custom menu system (that's a lot of systems!).  Later versions will have a fully-functional 20-hour day/night clock.

This demo is about 15-30 minutes long, just enough time to introduce you to the kingdom of Longevity, aforementioned systems, some (very few) of the characters, and a cute little town.  What's more, there's even a cameo appearance of myself.  You have no reason not to try it out.

Screenshots, info, and artwork can be found in the Futaiten: Book of Days thread.

So, anyone played it?  How goes it??  

By the way, if you try to leave the vicinity of Tazo, there are two different "Hey, this is the wrong way" conversations.  One if you're playing as Quasar and the other if you're playing as Zivan.  Furthermore, some (not all) of the conversations between Quasar and Zivan throughout the dungeon will vary depending upon which character you are playing as.

Rep:
Level 91
I played it but I found the fights annoying anyway, the learning slug?

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
Shmanky the Learning Slug is from the SQUEE! comics by Jhonen Vasquez, whose most popular work is Invader ZIM.

Rep:
Level 91
I own you.
ok your mapping was not that impressive...the fighting was annoying(why can't I attack while they move)...you need a way to get more hearts...and the animation would have been smoother if you add the charatar to animation sheet so it while look like he is swing with the sword(this is biggest error in most
real time battle games with rm2k3 and xp)...also mind giving us a discription of what spells do...and add a hp bar to ememys.

ok now that I got all the bad stuff now for the good. your game was hilarous*insert slogan here**pretend there is a faceset here* hey I've been training with you for along time yet your name has never been mentions...and lastly AH AH AHA CHHOOO.that si what made your game worth playing so try to go for the more kiddy look.try not to make it to serous and it will turn out good

edit-i forgot i about the slug that hates salt lol...but it was kinda pointless cuz the whole speak well....was kinda of unesssry but no the less funny and GOOD filler
1 death is a tragedy but 1 million deaths is a statistic.
-Joseph Stalin

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
Okay, okay, I get it!  The fighting is annoying.  But, I think that turn-based battles are more annoying.  So, I win.  Go, me!

You can't attack while enemies are moving because...
~ In order for the enemy to deal damage to the hero, they must be on "Collosion with hero."  
~ In order for the hero to deal damage to the enemy, the event must be on "Action Key."  
~ Can't have both at once.

Adding the character animation to the sheet involves editing the character sprite and Im too lazy to do that.

A spell description is something I had in mind but didn't know how to implement...  I'm thinking I'll have a school of magic in the main town with scholarly folks that will explain each of the spells.  Howzat sounding?

Rep:
Level 91
Captain Fucking Callahan
i am getting it now it really sounds cool.
"Always remember the best form of revenge is to better yourself." -ZV

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
Huzzah.  Oh, by the way folks, if there are specific lines that made you laugh, tell me so!  My humor is weird. :O_o:

Rep:
Level 92
One by one, the penguins steal my sanity...
The part where he says: Anything else we forgot to introduce all video game
introductory-like? That was pretty funny.[/quote]
DEATH: Master of Time, your life is at it's end! Mwahahahaha!
MOT: Whatever, dude *throws crumpled piece of paper at Death and runs away*
DEATH:....?

Rep:
Level 91
Captain Fucking Callahan
it wont downlaod for me it sucks! :evil:
"Always remember the best form of revenge is to better yourself." -ZV

pokeball zxmOfflineMale
Astronaut Raticate Banana
Rep:
Level 92
Pineapple Line Colour
Well.... I though it was boring. Just when got into it... its done! Nooo!!!
I heard songs from Kirby 64 and FF:CC! Sick. 3 HOLY CRAP PALADINs out of 5

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
SWEET! RIVIERA BATTLE MUSIC! WHERE DID YOU GET THAT?!!!

ahem. sweet.

Can i use your faces for my game! They're great! Also, the game is great, but the fighting can become one minded.

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
There are MIDI credits in the "Music" folder in a .TXT file.  The Riviera battle music was downloaded from http://www.vgmusic.com :^^:

This demo is pretty short because people rushed me :whoa:

That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

Shmaybe I'll release a longer demo once I have more of the game done.  So, in the next demo, expect to see all four of the main characters and have a lot more of the story down.

And no, Rikkuholic, you may not use my faces, because I put a lot of time and effort into drawing them and I happen to prefer my character designs to be unique.

Rep:
Level 91
it whount let me download it, dame it i realy whonted to play it.

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
Yes... MegaUpload seems to disagree with some people...  What problems are you guys encountering... I mean, specifically?

Rep:
Level 91
it says fro me it cain be found ever time {and i have tryed to download it 50 times} plz help i whont to play :cry:

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
Perplexing.

I suppose the only solution is to upload it to a different server?

-OR-

Someone who has it already can e-mail it to you.

Hey, that include me, doesn't it? :O_o:

Rep:
Level 91
then can you plz E-mail it to me, my e mail is in my profile thingy or under ever thing i post,