RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[RESOLVED]Buying a new computer, confused, please help, got a few questions

Rep:
Level 87
So, 2 days from now(That would be Sunday in GMT+8/Hong Kong Time Zone), I'll set off to buy a new computer to play some of the games that I really wanted to but can't. Thing is, I have a limited budget of (Philippine pesos)P35,000(which is $764.526).

So I searched the 'net and I found only one that fits my budget, has a Core 2 Duo(my dad said I should have that particular processor), and can be found in this mall(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SM_Megamall). If you're asking why we're only going to that mall and not on other malls, that's 'cause that mall's the nearest, and driving's kinda harsh if that's your destination(lot's of turns and stuff).

http://www.asianic.com.ph/product/across-asia-5003
--------------------------
28,980.00 PHP = 633.028 USD

The games that I've always wanted to play.
--------------------------

-Battlefield Vietnam
-SWAT 4
-Halo 1
-Call of Duty 2

1.Will it be able to run these smoothly in the highest setting?
2.Do I need to upgrade some of the settings further to run these smoothly?
3.Will it be able to run these at all?

I've looked up its minimum system requirements on the internet, but I just have to make sure that it'll be able to run these or else Dad's gonna kill me for spending a whole lotta cash for a PC that can't run those.  :( So, I need your opinion, I know that it isn't "hi-tech" to some/most people but I can't exceed my budget...  :-\
« Last Edit: August 28, 2007, 10:14:05 AM by Pathbinder »

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
It's a little expensive for the specs, and some are pretty low for what you're looking to do. 512mb ram is low nowadays, and a Radeon 9xxx is ancient by today's modern games standards.

You could run Halo 1 on that fine, not sure about the others. Either way, that's pretty expensive. The stats on that page aren't really very detailed, it doesn't say whether it has an AGP slot or PCI-E slot for the graphics card or if the card is built in, so not sure whether you could upgrade it.

I wouldn't buy that anyway, it's overpriced.
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 87
It's a little expensive for the specs, and some are pretty low for what you're looking to do. 512mb ram is low nowadays, and a Radeon 9xxx is ancient by today's modern games standards.

You could run Halo 1 on that fine, not sure about the others. Either way, that's pretty expensive. The stats on that page aren't really very detailed, it doesn't say whether it has an AGP slot or PCI-E slot for the graphics card or if the card is built in, so not sure whether you could upgrade it.

I wouldn't buy that anyway, it's overpriced.

I thought so.  :-[

But those specs are considered "high" here in the Philippines, anyway, that being overpriced is something we(the Filipinos stuck in our own country) are used to, as our nation ain't that "technological" compared to the US and to Europe, you're even lucky if you have that kind of computer here(the PC I posted earlier).  :blizj:

But what I didn't knew was that the 9000 series of Radeon is outdated ;9, I would've customized my own PC...

....IF ONLY I HAD ENOUGH MONEY TO DO SO!!!!!!!!!  :mad:

Rep:
Level 86
I agree with Roph. You need a minimum of 1gb ram and a good graphics card (I prefer Nvidia) to play those games...
I'll do a search a let you know of a good pc under $800.

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/Category/category_slc.asp?Nav=|c:6||c:2627||c:2630|&CMP=ILC-FPM-PC

long link, but you might find something there.
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 87
Actually, I've bought a computer already, but not that one.

This one.   :lol:

http://global.acer.com/products/desktop/asm5600.htm

And the video card's an ATI Radeon X1650, maybe not that tough, but it's doing just fine.  ;8

Thanks for the help anyway, oh, and sorry I forgot to add [resovled]. ;D Added it now.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2007, 10:14:27 AM by Pathbinder »