RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Announcement to Crankeye

Rep:
Level 89
I don't think who would be good mod and who wouldn't be good mod isn't open for discussion. If it basis itself soley on cranks decision, or between him and the current moderators then so be it. Virtually anything left to be said is still up to him.

pokeball zxmOfflineMale
Astronaut Raticate Banana
Rep:
Level 92
Pineapple Line Colour
I'm just sayin'.

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
Actually... I think Zxmelee would make a good mod.

Rep:
Level 90
I have game maker's block PM me with game ideas.
I cant say,i'd be a perfect moderator,but im fair,and im a mod on other forums. Im pretty experianced,but either way,who ever gets chosen is chosen.
My chances of becoming a mod. is like what? 1 in 100000?

Heh,well im siding with thatsmypie,there's nothing wrong with the mods right now,but if all means,hold an election
Major Project : Cliche Cronicles
Total: [llllllllllllllllllll] 0%
Story: [llllllllllllllllllll] 0%
Resources: [llllllllllllllllllll] 0%
Script: [llllllllllllllllllll] 0%
Voice Overs: [llllllllllllllllllll] 0%

Currently: Planning

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
Quote from: Red Eye Dragoon
My chances of becoming a mod. is like what? 1 in 100000?

The chances of there even being a new mod at all are probably even less then that.

Rep:
Level 91
Thanks For Coming
Okay stop getting delusions of granida everyone. Nobody is getting a mod until Crank says so... this all happened before  :roll:

And zxmelee wont get it as he spams zomg

pokeball zxmOfflineMale
Rep:
Level 92
Pineapple Line Colour
Spam WTF? Show me where I spam! Proof is needed! lol

Rep:
Level 90
i probably wouldent be a mod i spam a bit to

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
Quote from: Inaru
Since Crankeye has been here over the past........ what? 2, 1 day?

Anyway, I'm sending this out for everyone to here about what I would like to see happen on this board.

1) I want to see the whole board make an RPG. I know that all of us can do. Heck, the moderators could do it by themselves. But everyone here is a little different and has a great idea I know we could implement most into a game.

2) I would like to have another moderator vote. Even though 3 or 4 is probably enough, I would like to see more moderators for a forum this big. I hope to run, and this is a big reason for me to suggest this, but I also think we need more just out of necessity.

3) Probably the most important. I want to see the moderator have more power. I would like to see them open up completely new topic threads on their own. If they had that power, then this forum would stop grinding to a halt.

I've wanted to say all of those since about November, but haven't had a good chance to say it until now.

1) That would require a leader or production manager who controls the game.
Having people make this, that and whatever they feel like without someone guiding them would most likely end in chaos.
I would suggest a structure many mid-sized game companies use.
First a small group in the planning stages.
This being a production manager, lead designer, story writer and a few more I've forgotten.
Let's for the example's sake say a group on 5-10 people.

Then we come into the next stage. This is where the most manpower is needed.
Here is where the mappers, scripters, resource makers and so on come into play.
Most people needed here, let's say 50-100 people total. (with the previous group).

Finally we go into the last stage where there's a small group (when the other people slowly is taken off).
This group rounds the loose ends up, bug fixes and in general just makes the finishing touches.
I'd say 5-20 people are needed here.

This is a simplified version because I can't remember more details, but you can see I haven't talked about a testing phase. Meh, I hope you get the idea anyway.

2) I don't really care about another moderator vote as the current moderators seem to be doing fine. It could just be me looking in the wrong places. Crankeye would properly select when he feels like it anyway.
Still you might be right. Perhaps more moderators could be a good idea. It's not something I'm keen to notice.
I care little about 'bad' posts and generally I ignore them, which also means I would not be a good moderator as my mod powers would just collect dust.
I haven't really tried to evaluate you as a possible mod because I saw no reason to do this.
Anyway I'm running of track and will end this saying that I'm certain Crankeye will let us know if he does something like that.

3) I don't really think this would be necessary. I'd rather have a 'backup' admin instead, or a kind of super mod.

Well that's what I have to say right now, though 2) and 3) feels a bit like spam... At least I think 1) could be useful.

Rep:
Level 89
The Guild idea is pretty cool.
RPG Heights : A brand new high... http://www.forumsvibe.com/monsterdoog/

Rep:
Level 91
Thanks For Coming
Im locking this cos your all talking about being mods bleh.

The one with the best chance here imo is inaru...

enough said...

She gets my vote anyway cos she actually has sence :roll:

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
Undone the SABOTAGE. This is a CONSPIRACY.
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 89
...conspiracy...I need to hear this one.  :lol:

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
I don't think anyone has any delusions of actually being a mod. Its just nice to think about hypothetical situations on occasion.

Rep:
Level 91
Ignore what i say. I'm never here anyway
Why you unlock something wen dwarra does? =/ unmod like...
and Dwarra was right on msn when he said u shit stire....
If you post outside the sewer, don't expect me to see it.

Why is it that everyone wants to be a Mod? It's a responsibility... Not a popularity contest. Besides, the current ones are enough...

As for the game, won't that be very difficult to organize?
Good luck I suppose..

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
Quote from: thebodge
Why you unlock something wen dwarra does? =/ unmod like...
and Dwarra was right on msn when he said u sh*t stire....

I unlocked it after cleaning up the topic so the talk could continue seriously, instead of just killing it completely.
bringing sexy back

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
About the whole board doing a game together. I'll volenteer for that. Pm me so we can figure our where my talents (I'm kind of using that loosely) could best be put to work.

pokeball zxmOfflineMale
Rep:
Level 92
Pineapple Line Colour
Like Cara's pussy
Yes! To the max. Lets get started soon.

Rep:
Level 90
Quote from: Zxmelee
Like Cara's pussy
Yes! To the max. Lets get started soon.
LMAO! To the max ... Jonny extreme? lol, anyways I'd love to help make a game. You're all gonna need me anyway.  :twisted:
MSN CHAT-

BlueXx says: Why would i lie to someone as dumb as you?

Kite says: Cuz i'm as dumb as me

BlueXx says: Good point

Rep:
Level 91
Thanks For Coming
The new game will be Dark Masters guild style. Im gonna be the head of mapping so youd better get your maps good otherwise they aint gonna be used  :wink:

Rep:
Level 91

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
Whats so special about being a MOD...?

Thers's not much that you can actually do... and taking on board that extra role could cramp making a Good RPG game...

I find my-self on here or making requests more so than any thing else at d mo... I aint worked on my game for the last two months !!!... Apart from a title screen...

If I was asked to be a MOD... I wouldn't take it... Well not until I have finished Aidin... even then, I don't think I would like to MOD on here, its too easy to make enemies as a MOD... I don't like being messed with our bad mouthed by any one... and thats all people seem to do about the current MODS...

I Respect the MODs... but many on here seem to knock em and make out they can do better... I Dont Think So !!!...

The MODS we have are great... I don't think we need any more...

What I think we need is more people that will take time to give help to nOObs... and Have a better stucture like Kingaran and Darkness...

Better support... Trainiers if you like...

My RMRK Wikki:- http://wiki.rmrk.net/index.php/Landofshadows
Make a Donation for my Resource making:- https://www.paypal.me/landofshadows

Rep:
Level 91

Rep:
Level 102
^ LOL

I put forward a whole bunch of suggestions similar to Inaru's in the Mod forum a while back. Here it is =0

Quote from: Silverline - Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:36 am
OMG there should be like re-shaping the crankeye.com/forums forums and site and moving them away from RPGMaker (letf face it, rpgmaker's crap, and it's popularity is dying out) and eventually you could replace the crankeye.com/forums with the new ones that have been growing with new posts. Cos it'd be like a mature (as in intellectual) forum with posts more like proper discussion and no SPAM. members would be less inclined to post rubbish and maybe some of the younger ones would either stop posting or clean up their act; as if they're an idiot in a good forum they'll stand out and probably end up being hated or something and treated harshly. OMG Meanwhile as the for the main crankeye.coms site lucky you didn't pick something gay like rpg-maker-lover.com you wouldn't have to change the name or anything just change what the site's about n stuff, find  new topic / topics to focus on rather than n00b attracting RPGmaker and have some more staff or something so that not only Crank can look after the site other people chosen by him would be able to as well and add stff so there wouldn't be a problem of no updates for ages. have alot more pages about diffrent things as well. Then it'd look more professional and stuff. I'd gladly help pay for some better hosting for this place ; I've been here for nearly a year, and this is the first place I ever joined so I'm attached to it, I like this place. With the better hosting there could be downloads of whatever and stuff if you need it because you're pretty strapped for websoace at the moment. You have a massive and generally pretty good community, the veterans would easily stay. If all this happened the place would stand out, probably get alot more popular =D

OMG big post huh well I'm tired and just started writing and didn't stop

was on a roll baby
bringing sexy back