RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Have a look, maybe apply...

Rep: +0/-0Level 86
Edit: It's named GameT2L, what it does it make games.
Load up the 2D rpg plugin, and you can make nice SNES style rpgs, but with great textures/effects.
Load up the 3D rpgDX plugin, and make psx style 3D rpgs (eg FFvii)
Load up other 3rd party Genre Plugins to create tactical rpgs, sidescrollers, 2D/3D fighters, etc...
Will EVENTUALLY have network support, for possible online play.
End of edit.

Chrislee here. I've been working on a little project and I wanted to post a pic showing what things are done/not done.

1. Program will display which platform plugin is installed. (Shown is the default packaged 2d RPG plugin, as well as the icon for rpgDX plugin, which will have 3d support via DirectX.)
2.Height specific tools will be displayed here. For things like direction of wind blowing (for things like leaves randomly being blown around), and possibly physic-related tools :-\
3. Will be used alongside 4. Example of use include... well for the rpgDX plugin, it'll switch between 3D characters or 2D characters. Kinda like that Paper Mario... ;)
4. Added will be a way to change the names on these buttons to match the platform  plugin currently being used. examples of use include: Button to bring you to a 3d map/model maker, or a customizable battle system, etc...
As for the layout of the program, I'm going to try to implement more appealing themes for button layout/arrangement, trying to make the process of creating something form this project extremely easy and fast. this layout most likely wont last, but its a start.  ;)

As for actual input of script on the user's side, I've been thinking about a hybrid RMXP/RPGToolkit design... ::)

If anyone would like to help out (possibly host/run site for this project, help with coding various aspects of program, help with modeling for rpgDX plugin, or possibly just beta testing), email me.
If anyone is interested in creating 3rd party plugins for project, or creating default graphic sets for the 2d RPG plugin(ranging from 16x16, 32x32, 64x64, and possibly 128x128 and 800x600 :o... ), or suggesting other great never been used but want to try features, stay tuned for website  ;8 .

But seriously, once a website is up, we can throw up a progress list, and maybe even get enough done to release a beta prototype to a group of registered users.  ;D

BTW, the game Spore, looks awesome. Would be great if some community created plugins could make fun games like that.  :D
« Last Edit: July 26, 2007, 06:41:05 AM by caxeman »

Communism<3
Rep:
Level 91
Spamvertise much?

Rep: +0/-0Level 86
You mean you wouldnt like to try it out?  :lol:

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
I don't know what it is.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Communism<3
Rep:
Level 91
You mean you wouldnt like to try it out?  :lol:

I hate RM's, so no. I'm not locking only because tl;dr and didn't see any links.

Perhaps another mod might lock it~

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
So, we're talking about a game or a tool here ?
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.