RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Visual] A Very Mario Two-Bedroom Apartment

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
     Okay, so in between work periods on the Clockwork Project, I've decided to work on my spriting ability, namely with the Mario Brothers (3) style. I decided to start with making a modern style apartment building for them to live in, because this lets me sprite all kinds of stuff. (Toiletries, couches, bedroom furniture, kitchen appliances, etc.) The picture below is the end result of my work with the bathroom of said apartment. Below it is a zip file containing the background and all of the items featured inside.

« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 07:08:30 PM by boe »

Rep:
Level 89
Let's attack agressively.
oh cool! I <3 super mario bros. 3!

Rep:
Level 96
I'm working on the living room now, it's twice as long across as the bathroom. :D

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
Great work Arrow, nice a colorfull. Love the SMB style (Mario=Win).

Rep:
Level 96
Preview of the living room~

The couch cushions have Wario faces on them :D

Rep:
Level 89
T.V., I wonder if there watching the Super Mario Super Show!

Rep:
Level 96
I actually imagined Mario sitting in that recliner earlier, and then having the tv go:

"THAT'S mmMAMA LUIGI T'YOU, MmmMMARIO!"

Rep:
Level 89

Rep:
Level 96

Rep:
Level 89
so you added a stereo with a "M" on it, a Koopa Pic, a small table and a lamp? Awesome!

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
Looks great, both of them.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2007, 05:41:07 AM by modern algebra »

Rep:
Level 96
FRONT PORCH~

This one was easy, and I only had to piece it together (no real spriting involved here, other than the overhang, and its just box) once, and then it was just recoloring. That aside, it's very useful when you want to express the time of day, and it serves its purpose effectively. I included a couple of lawn decoration pieces, but you'll have to re-shade them for different times of day/weather conditions.

Rep:
Level 89
plain but nice, wonder if your gonna make mario some costume..

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 96
I'm glad they're well liked. :D When I finish all the sets (If the X thing is in a good place) I might make a small, extra simple program demonstrating how it all might go together.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
Okay criticism time!

The doors are too small compared to the scale of the room. Unless Mario lives in some refurbished barn or something, I don't understand why the rooms would be so high up. Also, the shower doesn't appear to have any depth at all, and looks more like it was painted on the wall than anything.

This is good and you filled out the space nicely. However, I have to mention the doors again, because they are completely out of scale with the furniture / windows. The Wario faces on the couch are a neat addition, but they mess up the outlines of the cushions on the inside of the couch (you can notice how the black lines separating the cushions go - - - ). Also, the shadows behind the posters look very awkward. Considering that a poster is taped ONTO the wall, a shadow behind it to indicate it is relieved out FROM the wall doesn't make sense.

Not much to mention with this one; then again, not much IN this one. It's pretty empty and I think it could do with trees / flowers / patches of long grass or something in the yard, in order to fill out the empty space.

These rooms you've made are good, but they can most certainly be improved on.

Rep:
Level 96
I love, love, love criticism! It's so helpful! I can't do anything about size, (and there are bushes, etc. included in the front porch zip file, but I should probably add a bit more...hmm) you're absolutely right about everything else! Posters especially, wtf?

Absolutely the one chosen by fadark
Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
I'm making this into a game when you are done, it will be just walking around in the apartment.

Rep:
Level 96
I actually considered something similar, to demonstrate the use of all the part. We could do it togetha ;8

I had a lot of neat ideas for like, someone coming to the door, secret passages, fold up beds, etc.

Absolutely the one chosen by fadark
Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
I'd be willing to help.

Rep:
Level 86
Your sprites look great! Im waiting for the game though!