RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Deadly Castle

Rep: +0/-0Level 87
This is my first project on RPG Maker XP. It doesn't include any special features, I used the standard RTP for the game.  It is not meant to be a long game with many features, but I want to make it as enjoyable as I can.

Story:
Our hero, Jack has some debt he can't pay back, so he has to run from his creditor. He flees into a mysterious castle full of undead creatures, which is known to have no exit. His wife goes after him to hep him get out.

Characters:
Jack
He is a warrior who has a bit too little sense for business. That means he is always out of money. But on the other hand, he fights well if the situation comes. (Doesn't appear in the demo yet)
Amelia
Jack's wife. She has some knowledge of healing, but much less for fighting. Her braveness is unmatchable however.
Arnold
He is a mercenary. He is a good fighter, and he will fight even the mightiest enemy if he is payed well (or at least he will try).

Screenshots:

The entrance of the castle

The castle main hall.

More features to come in the full game:
- Finished storyline
- More characters
- Savepoints (you won't be able to save anywhere)

Download the demo from here.

Rep:
Level 87
ohheythar :O
The mapping is very plain, very.
The sand is very bright, and you also made it very straight. Use some more curves!

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
yeah all the mapping seems plenty plain
the concept is good, but again, the mapping could use some work

I'd look at the tutorials for mapping that are available and work on making them look better

otherwise, good for a first project

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Communication begins with understanding
Rep:
Level 89
Project of the Month winner for October 2007
The mapping is very empty, and none detailed. You need to think realistic when you do mapping.

If you want, you can check my mapping tutorials on this site. They are helpfull for beginners. Other from that, the concept of this game sounds good.
And also, are you using the RTP battlers for this game?

Rep:
Level 89
I is my hero!
Some maps require a bit more detail, anyways demo is okay but be sure to do those things you say you will do especially the finishing the storyline and adding more characters.