RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Marching Band

Rep:
Level 91
Its not that the marching band is stupid. It's that all the guys I know are either
A) Way too in to their intruments
B) Suck at their playing
C) Can't march
D) Are socially lacking in 1 or more areas
E) Don't care about playing the music

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
Everyone I have ever met irl who was/is in marching band is either a complete jackass, or a moron. Most typically both at once. In fact in through school I took choir, and everyone in THERE was a jackass/moron. I'm not saying everyone who studies music is uncool... But it seems pretty typical.

pokeball zxmOfflineMale
Astronaut Raticate Banana
Rep:
Level 92
Pineapple Line Colour
Its like a stereotype, on the chart of it, thats whats there.

Take this quiz: http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=987

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
My highschool wasn't even accredited. So it didn't even have money for a marching band.... But on the brightside we didn't have a sh*tty sports team either. So it was a balance I guess. Highschool sports are the biggest watse of a schools budget EVAR!

I have less respect for people who get too caught up in highschool sports than people who get too caught up in marching band. And about people in a marching band being morons... My girlfriend's best friend was in band, and that girl is a total waste of skin. So in some cases that could be true.

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 King of RMRK2013 Best Musician2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Funniest MemberFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Funniest Member2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2010 Most Missed Member
It IS a stereotype, that people in band are weird, geeks, morons, and whatever. That doesn't mean all people are though. But what I'm angry about, are the people who don't even know why the make fun of the people in band, they just do it because it's "cool". Or even just because they play an instrument other than the electric guitar or whatever; because playing the trumpet or trombone or clarinet is "gay". That's just idiotic.

I always got made fun of in high school from the pure fact that I was in band, because if you're in band, you like to play classical music, and music similar to that, and because it's just not cool to be in band. If you're going to make fun of someone, it shouldn't be because of that, it should be because of who they are.  :^^:

Whatever, it doesn't matter. This topic was a bad idea anyway.
:tinysmile:

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
Well like I said, I've only met one band person that was a moron. I'm guessing  alot of bands have had that one moron hat ruined it for other people in the band due to people believing the moron steriotype.

I don't exactly buy into 'band peope suck'. Because I've only met one band person that's a total idoit.

Actually I think people who are into highschool sports are losers. Yeah like they'd actually make it pro. Please they're more liekly to be struck by lightning because most highschool teams suck balls.

Rep:
Level 89
Yeah, I've only known a few losers who we're in band. But, they're not that bad.
RPG Heights : A brand new high... http://www.forumsvibe.com/monsterdoog/

Rep:
Level 89
Whoa now we have completely switched around here when it comes to point of views that band sucks! Lol...monster-doog you posted this a while back:

Quote from: monster-doog
Yu-Gi-Oh? Yu-Gi-oh sucks so marching band must suck too!

You can't just simply change your mind because Halo of the Sun said what he did. Human personalities are so fickle ROFL.

I still think band sucks because I've known many of the little peckers and they had no life apart from their instruments,

Rep:
Level 89
No, I can, because I thought" treat people how you want to be treated" and flip flopped on the subject. I'm sorry for saying band sucks. But yugioh sucks no matter what.
RPG Heights : A brand new high... http://www.forumsvibe.com/monsterdoog/

Rep:
Level 89
The only thing I like about Yu-Gi-Oh is the theme song. Pretty damn catchy.

Rep:
Level 91
O.K. Enough about Yu-Gi-Oh. It was a simple comparison, now it's getting out of control.

Anyway, I could t alk for days about how much I like people in Strings. Talk to me about Strings, and I will tell you how talented they all are.

The ones who actually play their intruments, at least.

Rep:
Level 89
The Harp...oh yes  :)  always loved the sound.

Rep: +0/-0Level 91
Gaming Hearts Studios Director
Ok, because this was almost a total mistake making this topic, Someone if they want, just make a music chat topic or something like "Band vs. Rock Band or something to that extent...other than that, this should be closed.

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
You guys seriously need to see a drumline sometime.  Or watch the movie Drumline.  I'm in a drumline, and it's awesome.
...:::