RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Wintersleep

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Okay, wintersleep is awesome: and I am going to devote a thread to them.
Here's a video:

and they have better stuff too. You should all listen to their albums and stuff. Here is a new song, but the quality isn't very good but the song's awesome

Damn, I can't wait for their next album, coming out on September 4 or something.

and here's a link, has some good songs on it:

http://radio3.cbc.ca/blogs/2007/06/CBC-Radio-3-Sessions-Episode-18-Wintersleep-Bend-Sinister

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
It bothers me that they're music is just one lick or progression played over and over again and it just gets heavier, but a lot of people are into that, and they seem to be very good at what they do, so

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Yeah, a lot of their songs have pretty repetetive riffs. I likes it though.

A few (not very many) of their newer songs are a little less repetetive, but it's hard to show them since all the videos are shitty quality and the album hasn't come out.

I don't like the bass in a lot of the songs, but I think the drummer is awesome and I love the lyrics for the most part. I think the riffs are cool (I'm not a music theorist or composer or anything so the repetetiveness bugs me less than I imagine it does you). But yeah, maybe once the album comes out I'll be able to show you some of the less repetetive ones. There are a few on their last album too, but the last album was too heavy I think and I didn't like it nearly as much as I do live (still liked it though)
« Last Edit: July 15, 2007, 08:13:59 PM by modern algebra »