RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
The Last Remnant

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll

Storyline:

The Last Remnant is set in an island named Eulam which contains different of humanoid races. [For more info visit the races section] The game revolves around "Remnants", strange artifacts which vary in shape and sizes. Remnants can range from Machines and weapons to monsters. These Remnants have been the cause of many of wars throughout the history of the games world. Rush Sykes, who is said to be a classic J-RPG characte, is on a mission to save his sister who has been kidnapped by an evil organisation [No further details on this organisation have been revealed], he then finds himself in a global war over, of course, Remnants.

Remnants are they key to every element in the world. Humans came into contact with the Remnants over 1000 years ago. Because Remnants are so powerful and so rare, they are priceless. According to Square Enix, they still "cannot even disclose if remnants are machines, structures, or living breathing things." So while we can't exactly define a Remnant, it is safe to say that people want them badly and will do alot to get hold of one. The game is fueled by this thirst for remnants which is the cause for the wars and turmoil.

Characters:

Rush Sykes

Rush Sykes is one of the main characters in the game. He is an 18 year old swordsman who is searching for his lost sister who has been captured by an unknown organisation. His character is said to be based on the classic Japanese RPG character, perhaps like a Final Fantasy character. [As part of the "Game for the world" strategy that Square-Enix is putting into this game]

Spoiler for:

Irina Sykes

Rush's Sister
Spoiler for:

The Conqueror

The Conqueror is an older man with long silver hair and crimson clothes. He is linked in some way to Rush, but the specifics of that link aren still unknown. He is said to be design to appeal more to Western gamers, as part of the "Game for the world" strategy again. The Counquer is a Remnant collector but again no details about him have been revealed yet.

Races:

Mitra

Mitra's are your standard humans. They are, as normal just basically humans. They have nothing overally special about their abilities.

Yama

The Yama are large Fish-like creatures.

Sovanni

Sovanni are cat-like creatures with four arms. They have been seen wielding one sword in each hand, making a total of 4 swords.

Qsiti

Qsiti are small humanoid lizards

Remnants:

It's hard to define exactly what a Remnant is at the moment, however I do know that everyone wants them and will pay any price to get hold of one. Remnants can vary in shape and size and can take the form of a building, a monument, a creature or even a weapon.

Valeria Heart

The Valeria Heart is a huge Remnant. It is a sword which can be described as big as a small mountain. It is surrounded by the town of Athlum, which was built to make sure of its extraordinary powers. Valeria Heart being a massive sword gives courage to those around it, giving warriors the courage to go into battle and fight. It also provides a plentiful water supply to the citizens of Athlum.

Like The Valeria Heart, other Remnants have strange yet similar properties about them.

[Unnamed Cannon]

According to a Game Swank article on The Last Remnant, a large cannon which was apparently an offensive Remnant was shown in the Square Enix Pparty 2007 demo. The cannon was used during a huge fight on a battlefield where a unnamed man with a eye patch-site charged and fired his gun which caused the massive gun to charge up and fire a devastating energy blast into the battlefield.

Screenshots:

Spoiler for:
Spoiler for:
Spoiler for:
Spoiler for:
Spoiler for:
Spoiler for:
Spoiler for:
Spoiler for:
Spoiler for:
Spoiler for:
Spoiler for:
Spoiler for:
Spoiler for:
Spoiler for:
Spoiler for:
Spoiler for:

Artwork:

Spoiler for:

Soundtrack:

Download http://lastremnant.net/soundtrack/thelastremnantsitesample.wma
Battle System:

The details on The Last Remnant's Battle system are rather scarce, however we do have a few details. The look of the game has been compared to Dynasty Warriors. The player will control the main character and other soliders within a "team" [or a Union] and battle up to 70 enemies per fight using a turn based system, however there will be no random encounters whatso ever. Different classes of solider will have different abilities and will be best utilized in different situations.

Fights are "monitored" by the morale meter. This meter shows the morale of both sides, your allies and your enemies. The meter changes as the fight changes, for example in the demo shown at the Square Enix Party 2007 a very large monster arrives at the fight which puts your allies morale down because its worrying to see such a powerful monster, however once this monster is defeated the meter will restore on your favor. Another main point of the battle system is that it will feature a on-screen button pressing sequence which will behave like the cutscenes in Resident Evil 4 and Silent Hill: Origins where the player has to press buttons corresponding to what is shown on screen to execute certain moves or defensive measures. This feature can also be releated to the reaction command which is often used in Kingdom Hearts II, another Square Enix game. Judging by the real-time battle screenshot above, it looks like Chain's will be in the game. This will either gain the player more money, experience or better items as more and more enemies either of the same type or in a certain amount of time are defeated.

Videos:

Release Date:

According to Square Enix, The Last Remnant is going to be released simultaneously in both North America and Japan. There was no mention of a European release date.

Europe: 2008?
North America: Spring 2008
Japan: Spring 2008
« Last Edit: July 14, 2007, 07:17:55 AM by Dr_Swordopolis »

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
Sounds like a waste of cash. I've seen and heard of better.
:taco: :taco: :taco:

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
No, you sire are a waste of cash.

Communism<3
Rep:
Level 91
looks pretty cool to me, just read a few parts tho~

What system is it on, didn't see it there

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
Looks and sounds pretty good.

I believe it is on the PS3, D_S.

Rep:
Level 97
Its on the PS3 and 360

Rep:
Level 89
makes me glad my sisters boyfriend lives with us now, we have a ps3 in the house :) deffinately gonna make him buy this game if it gets to england, looks/sounds pretty decent

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Yeah, it looks pretty good.

Rep:
Level 97
Updated !_!

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
in terms of art direction, it looks fairly similar to Final Fantasy XII.

Read about this in Game Informer, it looks pretty interesting. Too bad all I've got is a PS2 and a PC.

I'm the mother-fucking muffin KING, bitch.
Rep:
Level 88
Fuck You.
I saw something for this in a play magazine. Didn't bother reading though.

a href="http://www.justsayhi.com/bb/fight5" style="display: block; background: url(http://assets.justsayhi.com/badges/415/366/fight5.sxycnp87hy.jpg) no-repeat; width: 296px; height: 84px; font-family: Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 42px; color: #fff; text-decoration: none; text-align: center; padding-top: 145px;">25</a><p><small>Meet <a href="http://www.justsayhi.com/states/151/new-hampshire">New Hampshire Singles</a></small></p

Rep:
Level 97
I saw it in Game Informer

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
I saw it in Game Informer

ZOMG we're like brothers

Rep:
Level 97