RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[GM] Some Q's I need A's too...

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Just some, I thought it would be better then starting 20 topics.

1- How do i make the screen focus on just the player, when I make a really big map it zooms out.

2- How do I push the player forward and still let them go backwards forwards and up/down? Like in arrow's space ship game.

3- How do you make a gif run at normal speed, when I put on in, it plays really fast.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 01:47:06 AM by modern algebra »
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
1- views. Look in the GM helpfile, and database search for views. :D

2. My guy is actually in a 320x240 room that does not move. The background speed is set to LOOK like its moving, and enemies are generated with timers. :D

3. Room speed, or in the create event for your object, make a code, and have it say image_speed=*numberwithoutthesetwoasterisks*

Rep:
Level 96
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
1- How do i make the screen focus on just the player, when I make a really big map it zooms out.

2- How do I push the player forward and still let them go backwards forwards and up/down? Like in arrow's space ship game.

3- How do you make a gif run at normal speed, when I put on in, it plays really fast.

Do you know how I could do number 2?
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 96
....Just like you would move anything else, with things set up like I just said.

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice

....Just like you would move anything else, with things set up like I just said.

I think what he's saying, is that although you provided one way to do it, he's looking for a way to actually push the player forward and still let them go backwards, forwards, up, and down.

Rep:
Level 96
Oh. Uh, in the create event, set the hspeed. Then make all your key movements change the speed relative to that, and reset the speed when released.

Rep:
Level 96

I think what he's saying, is that although you provided one way to do it, he's looking for a way to actually push the player forward and still let them go backwards, forwards, up, and down.

;D Thank you, I'm bad it asking questions.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
no problem ^^

(i was lazy so i stole most of your #2 bullet)

and now for an answer...

Rep:
Level 96
4- With the veiw thing, how do I make it not have to touch the edge before the veiw moves.

x = player
0 = enemy
| = line of sight

X       |      o
   X    |    o
      x | o
        xo        |

Then the line of sight changes

I want it like

x      |       o
 X       |  o
   x       o|
so you can see the enemies before they hit you.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 96
Make the h border and v borde the same as the views width and height.

Rep:
Level 96
Make the h border and v borde the same as the views width and height.

^_^ Thanks.

5- How do i make the ship fire in burst, and not a stream of bullet, maybe like one every 5 seconds.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
you mean like, fanning out or just a burst?

because with a burst, i would think you could just create the given number of bullets for one button press, and then have to wait between bursts.

Rep:
Level 96
you mean like, fanning out or just a burst?

because with a burst, i would think you could just create the given number of bullets for one button press, and then have to wait between bursts.

;9 There I go again with my bad question asking skills. 

and then have to wait between bursts
yes
I was asking how to make it wait, so It only fire every 5 seconds.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
well, im not too sure the actual commands and such for what I suggested, but I'm sure you or Arrow do...^^;

Rep:
Level 96
well, im not too sure the actual commands and such for what I suggested, but I'm sure you or Arrow do...^^;

;9 I don't know how to do it...
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
there's always the GM help file!

i have a question of my own arrow...

you know how alot of tutorials and such say to paste a certain bit of code for an event?
do you just use the "initiate code" command thingie or are they referring to something else? The help file doesn't really say much about the code command apart from the obvious.

Rep:
Level 96
There's a button in the control tab that looks like a piece of paper (NOT the one with the green arrow on it). Right click it, paste your code, click the checkmark, and you should be set. :D

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
thanks ^^

but, IS that where all the stuff from the tutorials go?

they usually just say "use this" or "copy and paste this" without really saying anything else : /

Rep:
Level 96
Well, worst comes to worst, you could link the advice they gave, and I could interpret for you.

Rep:
Level 96

4- With the veiw thing, how do I make it not have to touch the edge before the veiw moves.

5- How do i make the ship fire in burst, and not a stream of bullet, maybe like one every 5 seconds.

6- How do I make walls solid, I know there is a little box [] solid but that doesn't stop the object from just passing through things.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 96
You have to tell it to stop upon collision with solid objects. For instance, if an object has gravity in the step event, you'd have to say:

If position (0,1) !=free, set gravity = 0.

(there's a thing in the control tab for the object.)