RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Shadowrun

Rep:
Level 89
Has anyone played the SNEZ, Genesis or Table top verion of this game? if so what are your thoughts on it?

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
I have the SNES game. I never got what it was about, but I'm willing to give it another shot.

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
Project of the Month winner for September 2009
The new Shadowrun looks completely different from the other Shadowrun games, BUT, taking the name "Shadowrun" away, it looks like the game can be quite entertaining

Rep:
Level 89
I really dont like the new one, it may be a good game and all, but i expected much more than just an FPS, turning a tabletop into a RPG was a good idea, turning a tabletop/rpg into a FPS... Not good for me.

I understood what it was about, on like my 5th time through it, i kept gettin so confused i had to start from the begining again just to find out i missed a bone... and a paerweight, that was bastard to find.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
I really dont like the new one, it may be a good game and all, but i expected much more than just an FPS, turning a tabletop into a RPG was a good idea, turning a tabletop/rpg into a FPS... Not good for me.

Rep +, I got the SNES game from a friend, so it was pretty far into it, so I never got into it very far. But I'll find a rom, because the game is in storage.  >:( (along with all of my other snes games, but the very few)

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
it may be a good game and all
so say most, it isnt a good game.

I heard it was an RPG before an ambitious failure, but i didnt know what system. Im going to go look for a RoM when I can, because it sounds interesting. what is the gameplay similar to?

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
it may be a good game and all
so say most, it isnt a good game.

I heard it was an RPG before an ambitious failure, but i didnt know what system. Im going to go look for a RoM when I can, because it sounds interesting. what is the gameplay similar to?

I can't compare, but it's like a top view, and I didn't get into it too much, seemed a lot like a quest game.

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
ah, ok. thanks.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Magic and Guns is what made the game so interesting.

Rep:
Level 89

true, but i stil prefer the snes and genesis versions, since that game was about shadowrunners and the jobs they did, the new game doesnt really capture that i dont think.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!

true, but i stil prefer the snes and genesis versions, since that game was about shadowrunners and the jobs they did, the new game doesnt really capture that i dont think.

I was talking about the SNES one, the minute I heard about the new game, I was like..geeze, microsoft out to ruin another title.

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
The multiplayer for the new one is great, everything else is ;9

Rep:
Level 87
Sega Genesis version.

I later played the ROM of the SNES version, and I didn't like it nearly as much.
Poke!
Can you dig it?

Rep:
Level 87
~Be Cool~
I like the table top. You had soooooooo many books which could turn your human into pretty much a robot with a consience XD

But I was kinda disapointed with it when it was released as a FP, It could of been so much better.

Rep:
Level 89
The table top is fun yeah, but i think they messed it up a bit with SR4, it just doesnt have the Cyber-punk feel it used to in my opinion.