RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
(for RPGMaker 2k3) Need help with near death skills

Rep: +0/-0Level 87
I accidentally posted this in another thread  :-\...

I was trying to create a near death skill for characters in the game I was working on. Meaning when they are in danger of dying their special skill will come up for an option other than attack (an example of what I exactly want is Final Fantasy VIII's Limit Breaker skills). Does anyone know of a way, or have any suggestions on how, to create this kind of skill? Thanks for taking time to read this. I'm sure any posts will help.
 ;D

Maybe you could make a common event or battle event or something and set it so that when your character's health is below 10% (or whatever) the put Change Skills and put in your skill. BTW, this is complete noob talking but I'd figured I'd do what i can. Hope it helps

Tye out
The enemy of my enemy's enemy is my enemy....i think

Hey, I'm a n00b here too. However I've only used the common event thing for save pionts, but didn't know how to use it with the skills. Thanks! That helps a lot. I'll give it a shot.  ;D

:tpg: Well...I gave it a shot...but I didn't know where to start...I still need some help.

Rep:
Level 89
Let's attack agressively.
k on what? if its the Special Skill....

do a common event, parrallel process and put a Conditional Branch if Hero's Health is 10% or less (or how much you want) with an Else case, and put inside a Change Skill and add the skill you want, now when you have more than 10%, put in the Else case a Change Skill removing the Skill you choose.....hope it helps, confuse? ask!  ;D

Uh...Is the conditional branch under the conditions tab, or do I find that with the events menu?

Rep:
Level 89
in the Event Command, third page. Now inside it will ahev two page, now go to the secong one of the Conditional Branch and it should say Hero, select the hero you want and click the [...] and select the desire one (hp)

;D okay. I'll try it when I am using the program next. Thanks a lot! It really helps.

Rep:
Level 89
okeydokey! just put Resolve in the topic when you tested it and worked.

Just when I thought it was over...i think i did the set up incorrectly...
Sorry to keep bother people (i'm sure ya'll know how to create this kind of event). It turns out i must have a poorly translated version of rpg maker 2003...rather than "conditional branch" it was "fork condition"...anyway...
This is what I did for the set up...maybe there was something I did wrong.

(Under Common event-Parallel Process)
1. Conditional Branch - <Hero> 100 HP + Else Case
1a. Remove skill-Attack
1b. Add skill- <skill name>
2. Else case- <Hero> 101 HP
2a. Remove skill- <skill name>
2b. Add skill-Attack

...Was there something wrong with this set up?...Well, there has to be...in the demo when the hero's hp droped to 100 or less his commands wouldn't change...However I also noticed in the Conditional Branch where it says HP after the input number (100) it says "Up", and I couldn't use persentage...maybe that has something to do with it.
...But if I can't get this to work, I'll just leave it out of the game. It would be cool and all to have that kind of thing, but it won't kill the game if it doesn't have it.
   But, hey if I can get it to work, that'll be good too. Sorry for all the hassle, and thanks again.